Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

WTF Parking?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-10, 06:45 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

that is awfully close, as hopefully the van didn't have a passenger. not sure how someone can blatently overlook what appears to be a rather large parking space width wise. but the pic that brociouz put up- i wouldn't be surprised if that was purposefully done so that the driver could not get in if he/she needed to. the way the tire is angled and how the side mirrors are perfectly aligned and damn near touching each other tells me it was parked with intent. hopefully that infiniti gets some huge key marks for that dumbass move.
Old 12-17-10, 07:35 PM
sw2oboi
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

it looks like you are parking in an apartment area? if so you can find out who it is
Old 12-17-10, 08:32 PM
rza8gamma
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You shouldn't retaliate because you have more to lose than that wiggity *** van. If you have an assigned parking spot and he did this then maybe a talk is in order. Leaving the costume for a couple of days is fair enough if your wife gave it to you.
Old 12-17-10, 08:50 PM
SB350
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure who the van belongs to and I didn't have a chance t find out. At least they didn't hit or ding my car. I just couldn't believe that someone could blatantly park that terrible, especially next to my car when there was a whole bunch of empty parking spaces in the lot. They must've wanted to be right next to Rudolph.
Old 12-17-10, 10:26 PM
soulsoarer
Pole Position

LOL that was funny.

Back on topic. Its even worst when you park away from everyone and there are closer spots open yet people still park next to you, and HELLA CLOSE too.

As for the Acura and Infinite picture, if I was in the Acura I would of ding is passenger door, but not with my car. No courtesy to the Acura car and the Infinite is just asking for it.
Old 12-17-10, 10:56 PM
509IS350
Lexus Test Driver

Dang I would walk hella far just to keep my baby safe
Old 12-18-10, 12:48 AM
Snubbles
Lexus Test Driver

atleast you know that the driver is on the other side so no need to worry about door dings?
Old 12-18-10, 11:13 AM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

that is complete BS. that car needs to get towed. They should start writing tickets for stupid people parking like that instead of police officers hiding in the bushes of a fwy entrance trying to catch people for speeding. Next time get a pack of those long bumper stickers n just pop on his car. Let that idiot peel off his paint for parking next to your car like that.

Another thing that pisses me off is freaking SUVs parking in compact spaces in parking lots. WTF are they thinking, it says COMPACT for a reason. A freaking suburban is NOT compact. It's even worse when they park in a compact space at the end of parking spaces so I have to make a super wide turn in order to get around the parking lot.

It's the holiday season and everyone is out trying to get gifts n stuff and that probably explains the increased parking fails that I keep noticing.
Old 12-18-10, 11:22 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm sorry to say but I've come to realize that people are IDIOTS. If it benefits them, then it's o.k. This person doesn't know how to park and that's obvious. I'd hate to have to park in an area like this. This is one of the down falls of owning and CARING about your car. I have seen some BEAT up IS's. I'd be pissed! A floor jack would be nice!
Old 12-18-10, 11:41 AM
SB350
Instructor

I was a upset when I walked up to my car and saw that, so much that I took a picture and made a thread about it. At least it was their passenger door against my passenger door and there was no damage. Stuff like this happens, it's inevitable and I'm over it now. Not everybody cares about their vehicles the way that we do. Sometimes it seems that no matter how far away I park, somebody always parks next to me.

That van's front tire was pretty close to my WedsSport though .

Originally Posted by Avarec
whats even scary is why the f is ur car looking like a rudolf
Originally Posted by JMcDonald
lmao...I was about to ask the same thing
Originally Posted by llamaboiz
is that supposed to be rudolph or a reindeer on the way to a AA meeting?
Originally Posted by spyder3778
hahahaha...I didn't think you meant LITERALLY looks like ruldoph...I needed that!

btw...whoever that was that parked beside you like that is a hoser for sure.
Originally Posted by DigitalDon
Shovel some manure in front of his van.. Shows him to park close to Rudolph next time..
Originally Posted by Micaiah
....or put some in front of the doors on both sides....
These posts were hilarious. I just laughed out loud again reading them. I'll keep Rudolph on for a couple more days just for that.

Originally Posted by brociouz
So effing annoying. I saw this in my office parking garage a few weeks ago and just had to laugh:

Holy Crap!
Old 12-18-10, 12:20 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Maybe they were drunk and saw 2 lines lol
Old 12-18-10, 02:23 PM
Micaiah

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You know, I must say....that Infiniti looks like it's kinda flirting with that Acura.
Old 12-18-10, 02:43 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Terrible parking jobs. Some people just dont know how to park and some just don't know how to drive. Even if you do find a parking spot far far far away from everyone else, there is still always that one f*#^@%#$ who likes to park his car in the spot next to yours. So annoying.

Parking and driving is worse and more noticable now since its holiday shopping season. Everyone is in a rush to get somewhere and shop. Stay home and do online shopping. lol
Old 12-18-10, 02:53 PM
Micaiah

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think it's as much of not knowing how to park (I'd say they did a DANG good job of not hitting the next car) but rather a sense of selfishness and entitlement. Well.... and inconsideration, too.
Old 12-18-10, 03:17 PM
sharma14
Driver

that kind of stuff is just rude

Quick Reply: WTF Parking?!