Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

WTF Parking?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-10 | 03:33 PM
meangene
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'd be so pissed if I drove that Acura. I tend to park further away to avoid idiots. I get yelled by my girlfriend for parking so far away, but it's worth it lol
Old 12-18-10 | 07:53 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by brociouz
So effing annoying. I saw this in my office parking garage a few weeks ago and just had to laugh:

Typical sadly....

Check this out
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...hlight=parking
Old 12-18-10 | 08:17 PM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

The van just wanted to snuggle up next to Rudolf.
Old 12-19-10 | 02:15 AM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 12-19-10 | 07:21 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

what is that dumb van trying to prove hanging out in a parking lot full of Lexus, infiniti and Landrovers???

ROFL
Old 12-19-10 | 08:47 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 25,000

I don't have the patients for people like this. When it comes to parking, I park far away from everyone, what amazes me sometimes when I get back to my car, people are parked near me
Old 12-19-10 | 09:02 AM
LiCelsior
Retired
CL Folding 500000

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

maybe the van was trying to protect itself from dents also. since ur driver door is on the other side the person decided to park closer to your passenger door knowing that it wont block you.

i sometimes do that...not parking on the line but parking a little off center to a persons passenger door.
Old 12-19-10 | 10:50 AM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Cool

Originally Posted by soulsoarer
Back on topic. Its even worst when you park away from everyone and there are closer spots open yet people still park next to you, and HELLA CLOSE too.
Hella close would bother me, but I notice a trend here...

Originally Posted by SB350
Sometimes it seems that no matter how far away I park, somebody always parks next to me.
Originally Posted by Initial G
Even if you do find a parking spot far far far away from everyone else, there is still always that one f*#^@%#$ who likes to park his car in the spot next to yours. So annoying.
Originally Posted by JessePS
I don't have the patients for people like this.
You're a doctor? (patience, my good man, patience )

Originally Posted by JessePS
When it comes to parking, I park far away from everyone, what amazes me sometimes when I get back to my car, people are parked near me
Why do you all feel like someone parking anywhere near your car is outside of the boundaries? If they are a careful/cautious parker like you purport to be, I would think you would want another careful parker near you. Perhaps you have a kindred spirit that thinks the same way you do, is willing to walk a bit further than the average Joe, and will be mindful when doing so. Just a thought...

As for the OP, it's close, but I doubt there was malice intended. As for the Acura/Infiniti, that's just rude. He should be thankful it's not the absolutely hideous Q45. I have hated that car forever, although the new G35 and M45 are slowly growing on me for the hideous design list.

And I agree with funnie - people should be towed for ridiculousness like the Infiniti did. I had a womens in an Expedition park so close to my DD at my office that I literally could not even get to the door or have anyone else get down between the cars. I asked security for a hammer so I could get in her driver's side, smash out the passenger side, and reach my door handle. They didn't give me a hammer. I ended up having to get in on the passenger side, start the car by swinging my leg over the console (no small feat for me) and putting it in neutral. I then pushed it out. I also had them take down the plate and inform the driver that she would be towed if any violations happened again. I followed up with the head of security the next afternoon, and she informed me that a love note was sent to her - and her boss.

Big Mack
Old 12-20-10 | 12:23 AM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

these people can learn from this guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHzws6FpuNE
Old 12-20-10 | 03:16 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by brociouz
So effing annoying. I saw this in my office parking garage a few weeks ago and just had to laugh:

haha. now he has to get in through the passenger side

i don't understand why people like to back into stalls in a garage. It's easy enough to back out when you want to leave, and requires no precision steering.
Old 12-20-10 | 09:32 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

i hate people that do this crap. i get it all the time in my development. i started parking way down at the end to avoid crap like this. i dont mind walking for a bit to make sure my car doesnt get dinged.

i dont understand how people can park like that and just get out and walk away. if im too close to someone, i repark the car because i dont want the other person opening up their door into my car.
Old 12-20-10 | 04:15 PM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

How do people park like that, get of their cars, look at it and leave thinking it's okay?
Old 12-20-10 | 11:06 PM
stick
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a coworker that had a beat down Honda Accord, it was his DD. Whenever someone would park very close to him (on his driver side), he would climb through his passenger door, sit in the driver seat, then open/close his driver door against the other car about 30 times--very hard. I thought it was great!
Old 12-21-10 | 02:50 AM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 209 Likes on 138 Posts

I walked out to my car (Black 3GS) to find this Accord right on my bumber! Did i fail by crossing the line? FWIW..i got their before him and he/she decided to use my car as a stopping device. They could of at least backed off the car!
Attached Thumbnails WTF Parking?!-img00035-20100903-1841.jpg  
Old 12-21-10 | 05:38 AM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i think you fail for crossing over the line. seems like the other person is trying to teach you a lesson.

Quick Reply: WTF Parking?!