Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

M3 mini photoshoot + commercial

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-11, 06:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

haha mike stop giving me any ideas!
Old 03-19-11, 08:19 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ice350
What can an SUV do that a nice big sedan can't do?
People buy these humongous vehicles and I don't get it. Most of them don't have more room. The ones that do are really huge. How much space is needed for a child seat?
People that really go camping or that live in rural communities or snowbound areas, I can understand buying one. Other than that........Not cool!

Just having fun.
I have a slightly different perspective on SUV's aside from the reasons you list...which I do meet.

The size of the vehicle allows for additional protection in accidents. I was hit in both my Tbird SC and Sunfire. I swore that when I bought my next vehicle it would be something that I would "win" if hit again. Had an Avalanche next and while I didn't get hit again....I did hit a deer. Unfortunately for the deer, I went through it like it wasn't even there with minimal damage to the truck.

I feel more comfortable in our SUV's that if I was in an accident again that I'd be better equipped than a mid-size sedan. You are absolutely correct that there is very little difference in interior space, storage space, egress, etc between say a 535 and an X5. The SUV still feels more "safe" imo.
Old 03-19-11, 08:58 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

The rear hatch storage makes hefting the strollers and other gear very easy. How many of us have seen diaper changes from the rear hatch? Shaded and easy near waist level access. Fitted with a roof or hatch mounted LCD screen, baby has it good watching any Disney movie like Finding Nemo. Hahaha.
Sedan trunk or backseat diaper changes are PITA. Talk about thread drift now. LOL

Here ya go! And if there are triplets the drill can be done on each side and back hatch. How's that for being prepared. X5 and others can do same too. Hahaha
Attached Thumbnails M3 mini photoshoot + commercial-gsr_estima_f.jpg   M3 mini photoshoot + commercial-estima1.jpg  
Old 03-19-11, 09:24 PM
Stormwind
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
hahaa, after surviving a few trips in our gs350 with the newborn, carriers, cramped space, back pain, i see the value of suv

but that won't happen till end of next yr. before then, i just have to enjoy my m3 as much as i can
It also depends on which one you get...X5, x6 and you'll be cramped even more with those suv.

Now this...that's spacious. I know it's your favorate.
Attached Thumbnails M3 mini photoshoot + commercial-mb-diesel-010.jpg  
Old 03-19-11, 10:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by RA40
The rear hatch storage makes hefting the strollers and other gear very easy. How many of us have seen diaper changes from the rear hatch? Shaded and easy near waist level access. Fitted with a roof or hatch mounted LCD screen, baby has it good watching any Disney movie like Finding Nemo. Hahaha.
Sedan trunk or backseat diaper changes are PITA. Talk about thread drift now. LOL

Here ya go! And if there are triplets the drill can be done on each side and back hatch. How's that for being prepared. X5 and others can do same too. Hahaha
lol mike you just have to bring it up huh. i have done a few diaper change in my gs350, i was cursing the whole time.

anyway, if they bring over the alphard, i will get that in a heart beat
Old 03-19-11, 10:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Stormwind
It also depends on which one you get...X5, x6 and you'll be cramped even more with those suv.

Now this...that's spacious. I know it's your favorate.
hahha too bad, i showed my wife the r class, it failed

x6 is stupid, it's never on our list

x5 is way better than gs350 in terms of access, it's not even close. the height on the x5 makes it so much easier to load and unload the kid. it has more rear cabin room too
Old 03-20-11, 11:59 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl

another 9 months before i say bye to the m3. what a car!
What?! so soon man! I don't think I will ever say bye to my M3. too good.
Old 03-20-11, 04:12 PM
tzu911
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Henry, how about the new Toyota Sienna touring? Looks great and you might as well just go all the way with "the man's van." (:
Old 03-20-11, 08:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by STIG
What?! so soon man! I don't think I will ever say bye to my M3. too good.
hahhaa, i love mine too, A LOT. but at the same time i don't see myself keeping the car after warranty yet either. just a bit much to worry about. plus we need something more practical for the baby. maybe one day the new m5! it does make me think about selling my gs

Originally Posted by tzu911
Henry, how about the new Toyota Sienna touring? Looks great and you might as well just go all the way with "the man's van." (:
hahaha, i am not the one to convince here