Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

How much would you offer for this 2011 Tc

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-10, 02:04 PM
LexFather

New car financing with 0% and all these 0 down sign and drive lease deals make things attractive vs a used car with higher rates to people.

Good luck. I heard Scion really doesn't discount at all, I believe its around $400 average, lowest of any brand.

Old 12-22-10, 02:11 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
New car financing with 0% and all these 0 down sign and drive lease deals make things attractive vs a used car with higher rates to people.

Good luck. I heard Scion really doesn't discount at all, I believe its around $400 average, lowest of any brand.
I was actually thinking of switching to the new Scion tC since I still like the looks and gas prices are starting to go up again. Getting tired of spending $60 on gas every 5 days. If I could get a 0% 0 down deal IMHO there would be no reason to buy the car outright. I think I'd take that deal. Hopefully those type of deals are still around after I buy my house.
Old 12-22-10, 02:17 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
ever goto a new car showroom? lots of blemishes in showrooms...
Sure, that's fair to say...but you can also order a car or buy one that is not a showroom model.... are you saying new cars come with blemishes lol? I'm talking about stuff like deep scratches or rock chips... sure a showroom model will have the typical light swirls from being dusted and "quick" detailed, even a brand new car off the lot will probably need a nice claying if it were exposed to the elements for too long, but all of that is easy to correct... deep scratches and chips are not.
Old 12-22-10, 04:09 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
One of the only times it's logical to buy new is if you're a perfectionist or a detail fanatic and want a car that has zero blemishes so that you can start taking care of the car properly from day one and not worry about neglect or previous mistakes made by the original owners. Other than that, used FTW.
I used to think that way so I bought my first 2 cars brand new.

But guess what, the only way to keep it perfect is if you pick up the car directly from the factory, transport the car in an enclosed transporter and put it inside your garage instantly. Wax it and never drive it again.

If you don't do that, as soon as you start driving it, there is no way to keep it perfect.
Old 12-22-10, 04:17 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Sure, that's fair to say...but you can also order a car or buy one that is not a showroom model.... are you saying new cars come with blemishes lol? I'm talking about stuff like deep scratches or rock chips... sure a showroom model will have the typical light swirls from being dusted and "quick" detailed, even a brand new car off the lot will probably need a nice claying if it were exposed to the elements for too long, but all of that is easy to correct... deep scratches and chips are not.
How do you avoid rock chips and scratches when you are driving the car on the road, parking the car in public parking lot?

And yes most brand new cars come with blemishes, in fact........this is not a well known facts.......a lot of brand new cars are repainted because they get damage during the shipping process. When all the brand new cars arrived at the port, they are inspected for damages, it is legal for the manufacturers to repaint damaged new cars and not tell anyone. It sucks for the perfectionist. But it make sense, tons of damages happened during shipping, what are they gonna do? Throw those cars away? Sold as damaged goods? No, they are gonna fix them and sell them like nothing happened.

It was shocking when I found out, since I used to be a perfectionist like yourself. That's why I never buy cars brand new anymore, it is pointless.
Old 12-22-10, 04:35 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by RX469
Going to negotitate on a 2011 Tc today and wondering what to offer for these features:

Base:
- MSRP: 19,275
- Delivery, Dealer Processing & Handling: 720.

Options:
- Paint Protection Film: 395.
- Fog Light Kit: 340.
- Rear Lip Spoiler: 444.
- Alpine Premium Audio: 449.

Somehow, I am compelled to have to negotitate this price, and should I wait until the 31st? What's your suggestions?
Scions, like Saturns, generally go for a take-it-or-leave-it sticker-price (that is company-policy), plus tax/tags and a dealer-processing fee (if the fee is allowed in your state). You should be able negotiate, though, on the dealer/factory-approved accessories.....anything that is not on the factory-sticker price itself, but added-on at the dealership. You can negotiate on the trade-in value for your car (if applicable). You can also, in some cases, negotiate the financing.

To be honest, though, the new 2011 tC did not impress me. Here is my CL review of it. The handling was sharp, and the 4-banger has some spunk, but I found a number of what, IMO, were annoying faults....chief among them the poor outward vision, noisy uncomfortable ride, and insultingly cheap interior parts.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...-scion-tc.html

Last edited by mmarshall; 12-22-10 at 04:45 PM.
Old 12-22-10, 04:58 PM
E6BAV8R
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you just never expect gas prices to go back up, or something?
Old 12-23-10, 07:20 PM
lexmenow
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by <VENOM>
I see your from GA, have you seen the POS in the used car lots, the GF was looking for a used car and gave up and bought a new Mazda 3, looking for used was becoming to much of a hassle
If you want a good deal you have to WORK for it. The deals I got on all the cars I get are steals because I research and work for a deal.

This is just my opinion but there is no way I am putting 20k into a base car with no leather or other options its crazy in this market.
Old 12-23-10, 07:46 PM
lexmenow
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
I was actually thinking of switching to the new Scion tC since I still like the looks and gas prices are starting to go up again. Getting tired of spending $60 on gas every 5 days. If I could get a 0% 0 down deal IMHO there would be no reason to buy the car outright. I think I'd take that deal. Hopefully those type of deals are still around after I buy my house.
Not sure you will be saving anything with that new car payment. To save gas I got a used TSX. Nice luxury amenities and comfortable for a commute. When it was totaled got a Mazda 3 with 90k and paid cash. Now at 140k. With no car payment and the gas savings come march I will be getting another used TSX. . Any used TSX is 1000 times nicer then any TC.
Old 12-25-10, 06:06 PM
kikcaffine
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexmenow
Not sure you will be saving anything with that new car payment. To save gas I got a used TSX. Nice luxury amenities and comfortable for a commute. When it was totaled got a Mazda 3 with 90k and paid cash. Now at 140k. With no car payment and the gas savings come march I will be getting another used TSX. . Any used TSX is 1000 times nicer then any TC.
And any tC is more reliable than any S60R.
Old 12-26-10, 01:40 AM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Given the non-negotiable policy, I would offer $50 or $5K under MSRP still get the same result. Honestly, I will not but this 2nd gen tC, ugly!
Old 12-26-10, 05:32 AM
10minutes
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Scions, like Saturns, generally go for a take-it-or-leave-it sticker-price (that is company-policy), plus tax/tags and a dealer-processing fee (if the fee is allowed in your state). You should be able negotiate, though, on the dealer/factory-approved accessories.....anything that is not on the factory-sticker price itself, but added-on at the dealership. You can negotiate on the trade-in value for your car (if applicable). You can also, in some cases, negotiate the financing.

To be honest, though, the new 2011 tC did not impress me. Here is my CL review of it. The handling was sharp, and the 4-banger has some spunk, but I found a number of what, IMO, were annoying faults....chief among them the poor outward vision, noisy uncomfortable ride, and insultingly cheap interior parts.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...-scion-tc.html
Ditto.

I think New VS Used car arguments are completely pointless. Some people just prefer new. I almost always go for new unless I don't have enough money to buy a brand new car. It goes same for most non-car items.
Old 12-26-10, 10:55 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by 10minutes
Ditto.

I think New VS Used car arguments are completely pointless. Some people just prefer new. I almost always go for new unless I don't have enough money to buy a brand new car. It goes same for most non-car items.
Welcome to CL.....and CAR CHAT. I see you are a new poster.

I agree with you on the new-vs.-used issue. For anything under about 40K, as I see it, buying new is probably worth the extra cash (though that may not be the case with top-level cars). Some used cars also have very little depreciation, and it can sometimes cost almost as much to buy used as it does new. That is also sometimes the case with CPOs (Certified Previously-Owned), because they go through a rigorous inspection process and carry a new-car-like warranty. Still, I have to admit that I've seen some CPOs whose condition didn't impress me.

Last edited by mmarshall; 12-26-10 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-26-10, 12:26 PM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You wont be able to negotiate on the price. If the dealership does not follow Scion's pure pricing they risk losing future models or even the brand itself. They will not risk this to sell you a tC. If they choose to sell you a 2010 as a "used" model from their "used" car lot/inventory then you will be able to haggle a bit. However if the car is still being sold as a NEW car, which is likely will be, then you will still be stuck with the listed price.
Old 12-26-10, 04:17 PM
felixsc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So has the OP went in to try to discuss the price yet? Do we know if that particular dealership is following the "Pure Price" policy?

Quick Reply: How much would you offer for this 2011 Tc