Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

December 2010 and Year End Auto Sales: Lexus #1 for the 11th year in a row!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-11, 12:23 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
the current camry's interior is anything but elegant. also, toyota ceo admits cars are boring and is trying to make them more 'exciting' and is "intent on making Toyota cars better looking,". https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ng-lineup.html
The interior may not be elegant, but the exterior certainly is. Also despite the interior's flaws it's not offensive.

I think the Toyota CEO admitting that isn't directly referring to vehicles like the Camry. I'm pretty sure he's mostly taking about adding more fun and edgy-looking vehicles to the lineup like the FT-86. But in any case, the newest Toyota designs have been getting sharper and look quite modern and elegant.

Even if the new Camry looks more exciting than the current model, I don't expect it to look offensive. That is really the key, looking more exciting without looking offensive.
Old 01-11-11, 07:27 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Default Toyota #1 Retail brand in US in 2010

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...110119895/1425

Originally Posted by Automotive News
Due to the recall crisis, Toyota sales were flat in 2010, compared to the overall industry increase of 11 percent. However, the Toyota brand remained the No. 1 marque in retail sales.
So despite all the media attention that Ford regained the #2 spot in terms of market share in the US in 2010, looks like Toyota beat Ford in retail sales. Ford only beat Toyota in market share because Ford saw a big increase in fleet sales, while Toyota's fleet sales dropped.

Funny how none of the media has bothered to talk about this, and this is only talked about in a car industry article.

Last edited by TRDFantasy; 01-11-11 at 07:31 PM.
Old 01-11-11, 10:19 PM
LexFather

Germans dominate sales in Germany

Originally Posted by Shomegrown
Taken from http://www.motor-talk.de/blogs/c-est...-t3057390.html

Small Cars

Compact Class

Middle Class

Upper Middle Class

Large Class

Mini SUV

Mid size SUV

Large SUV

Small Vans

Minivans

Small Compact Vans

Large Compact Vans

Full Size Vans
[img][/img]

Old 01-21-11, 02:53 PM
BCRCornet
Driver

Default Luxury Brand Sales in Canada - 2010 & 2009

I have no idea why the rank/order of luxury brand sales is so different between the U.S. and Canada, and why Lexus is in fifth place, but subjectively, what I see on the road pretty much supports the stats:
Attached Thumbnails December 2010 and Year End Auto Sales: Lexus #1 for the 11th year in a row!-tmpluxurybrandsalescanada2010.jpg  
Old 01-22-11, 12:01 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by BCRCornet
I have no idea why the rank/order of luxury brand sales is so different between the U.S. and Canada, and why Lexus is in fifth place, but subjectively, what I see on the road pretty much supports the stats:
It is due to Canada's demographics. Also a lot of posers in Canada, that is why IMHO you see Acura so high up on the list.
Old 01-24-11, 11:18 AM
LexFather

Thanks for the Canada numbers!

Old 01-24-11, 12:51 PM
BCRCornet
Driver

Default Canada Numbers

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Thanks for the Canada numbers!
You're welcome!

BTW, the Mercedes numbers exclude the Sprinter and Smart Car.

The BMW numbers exclude the Mini.
Old 01-25-11, 09:38 PM
LexFather

Excellent, in the future we will likely link this information from the homepage as well for more exposure!