Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

oh hey look. 1.9% apr on an infiniti M37

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-11, 01:35 AM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nissan and Infiniti always had and will have unbelievable deals. But also look at they resale value? Its lower then acura/honda and Lexus/Toyota. That also explains a lot. Honestly speaking I love all 3 japanesse car makers Honda,Toyota and Nissan.
Old 01-03-11, 08:11 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Sens4Miles
If the 3rd best selling car in its class is considered a "FLOP", then the GS is a flop, the A6 is a flop, the XF is a flop, etc etc, since the M outsells them all.

I think it's great that the QX56 is outselling the M. That means that over 1300 buyers/month are willing spend well over $57k on an INFINITI (something you have claimed over and over that the buying public were unwilling to do). I guess times are a changin', eh?
You are jumping all over the place again to defend Nissan again. You are wrong again, you cannot just judge a car's sales against others, you have to look at what they sold in the past. The first model year of the M35/45 sold around 24k the first year. The M37/56 is on pace for around 15k. We can't blame the recession b/c the E/5 are selling at pre-recession levels.

Sadly you continue to ignore this fact and bring up other cars to try to make your wrong point right. You want to compare it to older cars and a Jag XF which is selling very well considering its a V-8 only.

If you haven't noticed SUV sales are up for everyone and the QX does seem to be a hit. Not sure why you are so upset.

Last edited by LexFather; 01-03-11 at 08:49 AM.

Old 01-03-11, 01:28 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by GS350Lexus
Nissan and Infiniti always had and will have unbelievable deals. But also look at they resale value? Its lower then acura/honda and Lexus/Toyota. That also explains a lot. Honestly speaking I love all 3 japanesse car makers Honda,Toyota and Nissan.
The G35/37 have the highest resale value in its class (per ALG). Since the G series represents ~80% of Infiniti sales, not sure why you would say Infiniti has a low resale value...
Old 01-03-11, 01:35 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,367 Posts

Guys, keep the discussion on the vehicles, NOT on the people posting in this thread.

If you can't do that, don't push the 'post reply' button.
Old 01-04-11, 01:00 AM
Sens4Miles
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
You are jumping all over the place again to defend Nissan again. You are wrong again, you cannot just judge a car's sales against others, you have to look at what they sold in the past. The first model year of the M35/45 sold around 24k the first year. The M37/56 is on pace for around 15k. We can't blame the recession b/c the E/5 are selling at pre-recession levels.

Sadly you continue to ignore this fact and bring up other cars to try to make your wrong point right. You want to compare it to older cars and a Jag XF which is selling very well considering its a V-8 only.

If you haven't noticed SUV sales are up for everyone and the QX does seem to be a hit. Not sure why you are so upset.
Depressingly you continue to ignore the fact that the MY2006 M35/M45 which sold 24k the first year had a starting price of 40k for the M35 and 47k for the M45, while the MY2011 M37 has a base price of 47k and the M56 a base price of 58k!! - So basically the V6 model is now being priced at what the V8 model used to be priced at and the V8 model starts off at 11k higher than the V8 model from MY2006.

Now if we are to compare that with the 5 Series - a MY2006 530 started at 47k while a MY2011 535 starts at 49k (only a 2k difference - not 7k like the M37). A MY2006 550 started at 57k while a MY2011 550 starts at 59k (again only a 2k difference - not 11k like the M56).

Now if we are to compare the M with the E Class - a MY2006 E350 started at 50k while a MY2011 E350 starts at 49k (a DROP in price of 1k - not a 7k increase like the M37). A MY2006 E500 started at 58k while a MY2011 E550 starts at 57k (AGAIN a DROP in price of 1k - not an 11k increase like the M56).

You routinely ignore these facts, but they are directly related to the reason for the decline in sales of the M and the steady sales of both the E Class and the 5 Series. The Infiniti M has gotten very expensive. Now, you can argue that Infiniti has priced them too high, but that is an entirely different discussion. But if we're comparing apples to apples and other car makes with a starting MSRP of 47k, you'll see that the Infiniti M is actually doing quite well in sales and is anything but a "flop".

Last edited by Sens4Miles; 01-04-11 at 01:10 AM.
Old 01-04-11, 01:45 AM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sens4Miles
Depressingly you continue to ignore the fact that the MY2006 M35/M45 which sold 24k the first year had a starting price of 40k for the M35 and 47k for the M45, while the MY2011 M37 has a base price of 47k and the M56 a base price of 58k!! - So basically the V6 model is now being priced at what the V8 model used to be priced at and the V8 model starts off at 11k higher than the V8 model from MY2006.

Now if we are to compare that with the 5 Series - a MY2006 530 started at 47k while a MY2011 535 starts at 49k (only a 2k difference - not 7k like the M37). A MY2006 550 started at 57k while a MY2011 550 starts at 59k (again only a 2k difference - not 11k like the M56).

Now if we are to compare the M with the E Class - a MY2006 E350 started at 50k while a MY2011 E350 starts at 49k (a DROP in price of 1k - not a 7k increase like the M37). A MY2006 E500 started at 58k while a MY2011 E550 starts at 57k (AGAIN a DROP in price of 1k - not an 11k increase like the M56).

You routinely ignore these facts, but they are directly related to the reason for the decline in sales of the M and the steady sales of both the E Class and the 5 Series. The Infiniti M has gotten very expensive. Now, you can argue that Infiniti has priced them too high, but that is an entirely different discussion. But if we're comparing apples to apples and other car makes with a starting MSRP of 47k, you'll see that the Infiniti M is actually doing quite well in sales and is anything but a "flop".
So basically you're saying that the M is overpriced and consumers have spoken with their money as the E & 5 are outselling it at a pace of 10-1.

You can't compare base prices as the M has very little for options available, and almost nobody buys a bare bones E or 5. People in this class aren't looking for base generally. The options very quickly add up on an E or a 5 making them even more expensive, yet people still are choosing them over the M.

Had they priced it lower it may have sold better. It clearly isn't stealing buyers away from MB and BMW. Flop? maybe not...but certainly not a success. Will get even more interesting when the new GS hits the market which may further diminish M sales.
Old 01-04-11, 01:59 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Bleh, this is getting old and irrelevant. In the real world, this is how the scenario usually works out.

One goes to MB/BMW/Lexus dealership, gets a lease/finance quote on a 5/E/GS, then goes to Infiniti dealership, and gets a M if the dealership is able to beat the monthly payment of the big three by $150-200. Nobody besides the most hardcore Infiniti enthusiasts is willing to pay the same money for an M as for a competing model from the big three.
Old 01-04-11, 03:07 AM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

In the automotive market I see,

one goes to the MB/BMW/Lexus dealership, and gets the deal they want. Audi if they're feeling creative.

The end.
Old 01-04-11, 03:15 AM
Sens4Miles
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
So basically you're saying that the M is overpriced and consumers have spoken with their money as the E & 5 are outselling it at a pace of 10-1.
No, I am saying that the M has risen pretty drastically in price compared to the competition and that is the primary reason for the decline in sales. You cannot say that a car that sold 24,000 units at a 7-11k lower price point is expected to sell in the same quantities as a car that is 7-11k higher. It doesn't matter that it's an M.

The point I was trying to make with my above post is that the 5 & E have basically stayed at the same price for 5 years while the M has not. Yet, 1SickLex doesn't seem to want to take that fact into consideration and instead just labels the M as a "flop". If prices of the new M were essentially the same as in 2006, I would be inclined to agree, but come on, how could you possibly ignore the dramatic price increase and not even CONSIDER that to be the primary reason for the slight decline in sales?

You can't compare base prices as the M has very little for options available, and almost nobody buys a bare bones E or 5. People in this class aren't looking for base generally. The options very quickly add up on an E or a 5 making them even more expensive, yet people still are choosing them over the M.
Same as they are choosing them over the GS, XF, A6, MKS, etc. So all of those cars are "flops" too I suppose. Let's just all agree then that every single car in this class is a flop except the 5 & E, ok?
Old 01-04-11, 08:52 AM
LexFather

Had they priced it lower it may have sold better. It clearly isn't stealing buyers away from MB and BMW. Flop? maybe not...but certainly not a success. Will get even more interesting when the new GS hits the market which may further diminish M sales.
Its a flop, period. The rise in MSRP means NOTHING, Infiniti has discounted the car thousands since its debut. I proved it here after doubters refused to believe it. You are absolutely correct its not stealing buyers from anyone.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...-thread-2.html

What we know is simple. The car is selling at a 60% rate as the last model in first year to first year sales. We know the 5/E are selling at pre-recession levels. That is a flop.

The A6/GS are on the way out and the XF is a V-8 only. Those facts are somehow glossed over and they are irrelevant to this discussion. We are talking about the Infiniit here.

Originally Posted by Och
Bleh, this is getting old and irrelevant. In the real world, this is how the scenario usually works out.

One goes to MB/BMW/Lexus dealership, gets a lease/finance quote on a 5/E/GS, then goes to Infiniti dealership, and gets a M if the dealership is able to beat the monthly payment of the big three by $150-200. Nobody besides the most hardcore Infiniti enthusiasts is willing to pay the same money for an M as for a competing model from the big three.
Basically.

Old 01-04-11, 11:26 AM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

M's taillights are straight fugly,,,end of this discussion,,
Old 01-04-11, 11:44 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Came back from a 3 week hiatus and this topic is still hot?
Old 01-04-11, 12:53 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

The M outsells the RL and ZitDx, not hot.
Old 01-04-11, 01:35 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Och

This right here should be the end of the thread. Nothing more needs to be said.
Old 01-04-11, 02:46 PM
MI350_55
Pole Position

I wouldn't mind parking an M37 or M56 next to my 3GS in the garage.