Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

C&D: Hyundai Equus tops the LS460L AWD

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-11, 03:39 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cannot imagine the service center at a Hyundai dealers with a Genesis, let alone Equus
Old 01-07-11, 03:51 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
There were the sales last month. LS sales went up. No one is dropping a LS or the others for this car. Sales will be added to the group if anything, maybe even from cars like the RL/M37/56/S80 with much less image than other brands.

Note the A8 had a huge jump. The Eqqus is what 15% of LS sales last month.
Large Luxury
LS- 1,516 and YTD 12,275, up 9%
7 series-1,024 and YTD 12,253 up 32% (now included 6 cylinder 740)
S Class-969 and YTD 13,608 up 21%
Panamera- 700 ytd 7741
XJ-
A8- 502
Equus-196 welcome Hyundai!!
Someone is always dropping an LS, saying no one is saying zero people, I doubt you would be willing to bet money on that, cause if one person drops an LS you lose I'd also think that the Equus may steal some sales from the base model BMW 7 & LS which starting price is around a 70k and a Equus with tax will probably be 70k

Equus should also be a good contended for the used car buyers, looking at the big yachts
Old 01-07-11, 07:29 PM
felixsc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
-better owner's manual? ipad is a gimmick. Please, since when are owners' manuals part of rating a the criteria?
Word. One of the many reasons I stopped subscribing to magazines like MT and C&D, choosing to get my automotive news on AutoBlog, company websites, and forums such as CL.
Old 01-07-11, 09:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by felixsc300
Word. One of the many reasons I stopped subscribing to magazines like MT and C&D, choosing to get my automotive news on AutoBlog, company websites, and forums such as CL.
lol true. i get free offers for MT and CD every year, i don't even bother, haha
Old 01-07-11, 09:29 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by <VENOM>
Someone is always dropping an LS, saying no one is saying zero people, I doubt you would be willing to bet money on that, cause if one person drops an LS you lose I'd also think that the Equus may steal some sales from the base model BMW 7 & LS which starting price is around a 70k and a Equus with tax will probably be 70k

Equus should also be a good contended for the used car buyers, looking at the big yachts
I did not mean it literally Its ALWAYS funny to see when a new car comes out, people love to say "oh its going to kill Lexus" and the Lexus continues to sell even if the new car does well. There is hardly any brand penetration to the point where its obvious this new car is killing the car it targeted.

Case in point, the Lucerne was branded an ES killer and that didn't happen at all.
G35/37 was branded a IS series killer and that didn't happen at all.
The RL/M was supposed to be a GS killer and that didn't happen at all
The SRX was to be a RX killer and that didn't happen at all.
etc etc

Do some people buy the other car instead of the Lexus?Yup. Has Lexus been #1 here no matter how much better the competition has gotten. Yup.

Originally Posted by rominl
lol true. i get free offers for MT and CD every year, i don't even bother, haha
Yup, free ftw. I wouldn't purchase them at all, overpriced at $5.

Old 01-07-11, 11:01 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I cannot imagine the service center at a Hyundai dealers with a Genesis, let alone Equus
Humorous for sure.
Old 01-08-11, 07:07 AM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I did not mean it literally Its ALWAYS funny to see when a new car comes out, people love to say "oh its going to kill Lexus" and the Lexus continues to sell even if the new car does well. There is hardly any brand penetration to the point where its obvious this new car is killing the car it targeted.

Case in point, the Lucerne was branded an ES killer and that didn't happen at all.
G35/37 was branded a IS series killer and that didn't happen at all.
The RL/M was supposed to be a GS killer and that didn't happen at all
The SRX was to be a RX killer and that didn't happen at all.
etc etc

Do some people buy the other car instead of the Lexus?Yup. Has Lexus been #1 here no matter how much better the competition has gotten. Yup
Lexus was the game changer in the Luxury car segment, I think I read that after the LS debuted in 1990, BMW and MB both revamped the engine bays to be more pleasing to the eye.
Old 01-08-11, 06:07 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Equus commercial during the Jets/Colt game.First one I've seen.
Old 01-08-11, 06:10 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just saw the new Equus ad during the football game. Car looks nice. The whole commercial is basically about the Ipad. Hilights some of the features of the car and then shows that it's the owner's manual. All good, but then they show the owner closing up the nicely leather bound Ipad owner's manual and shoving it in the glove compartment and stating that they all come with one.

I can't imagine their being any break-ins with criminals knowing there should be an Ipad inside...lol.
Old 01-09-11, 12:04 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,483 Likes on 1,631 Posts

that's ok for equus owners, they never have to go there.
Old 01-09-11, 12:04 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,483 Likes on 1,631 Posts

caught bit of the commercial... looked good.
Old 01-09-11, 09:42 PM
cl400
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by WAES300
I just wish Hyundai would be more original. The Sonata is a great improvement in that regard, even though I flat out think it's ugly. The Equus, obviously, is heavily influenced by the LS. I was looking at a website the other day, and Hyundai has a new concept called the "Curb". Hello Nissan Juke. How about the Veloster? They came out with the concept after the Honda CR-Z came out. They're just copying whatever else others are doing, at least the timing of their concept releases indicates so.

But, got to give it to them(Hyundai) that people can seriously compare a Hyundai to a Lexus. I personally don't think it'll sell much, it just smells to much like the Phaeton.

Veloster concept came out way before CRZ.. and the veloster concept itself was heavily influenced by hcd8 concept back in 2004. i do agree Equus borrowing LS cue, but again Equus is also heavily influenced by Infiniti and MB as well.

and i did see Curb concept drawing picks and the lines are nothing like Juke. Juke's double vision face will not going to be repeated either. to me, it looks closer to Soul.

it's easy to bash car brands, but you should search before you post next time.
Old 01-11-11, 02:48 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Equus Fail blog

The tail lights are right off the Maxima. God, help the hyundai buyers.
Attached Thumbnails C&amp;D: Hyundai Equus tops the LS460L AWD-0ywodl.jpg   C&amp;D: Hyundai Equus tops the LS460L AWD-hemw4l.jpg  
Old 01-11-11, 03:18 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by STIG
better owner's manual? WTF?!

This totally makes me want to buy an Equus. I could really use a better owner manual.
the owners manual in the Equus is an ipad
Old 01-11-11, 06:02 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I got the magazine a few weeks ago, haven't read the article yet.

I glanced at it, what I don't get is, why they compare a lower power AWD LS to a RWD Equus? Of course the lower power AWD LS is slower and handle worse

Quick Reply: C&D: Hyundai Equus tops the LS460L AWD