Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

CES: Toyota announced Entune - internet connected infotainment system

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-11, 06:37 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 156 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Makes sense, we already knew 2012 Camry was going to get the system, as well as other Toyota models. Tacoma is supposed to be redesigned as well.

That means that either one or both then are debuting at the LA auto show. I can't possibly see Toyota debuting the new Camry anywhere else.
seems rather late for camry... all info pointed to start of sales by september.
Old 04-29-11, 09:58 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
seems rather late for camry... all info pointed to start of sales by september.
Which info? All we have are rumors so far, and what staff at the NY auto show said, which we don't know whether it's true.

So you think Toyota will debut the new Camry without unveiling it at a major autoshow? That seems very strange to me.
Old 04-29-11, 11:00 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Which info? All we have are rumors so far, and what staff at the NY auto show said, which we don't know whether it's true.

So you think Toyota will debut the new Camry without unveiling it at a major autoshow? That seems very strange to me.
Camry does not need autoshow to present it... in fact, probably even better without one, as all the media will report on new Camry.
Old 04-29-11, 01:44 PM
SaintNexus
Lexus Champion

So a redesigned Camry is definitely being released this year with entunes? Can't wait to see it.

Why didn't toyota first show us a concept before the production model?

This is assuming that at the LA auto show, they show us the production ready model.
Old 04-29-11, 02:18 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Incredible
So a redesigned Camry is definitely being released this year with entunes? Can't wait to see it.

Why didn't toyota first show us a concept before the production model?

This is assuming that at the LA auto show, they show us the production ready model.
i think you will see production Camry way sooner than November.
Old 04-29-11, 11:47 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by spwolf
Camry does not need autoshow to present it... in fact, probably even better without one, as all the media will report on new Camry.
If the Camry is reading to hit showrooms by Fall, then they should have, and would have debuted it in NY. It makes zero sense not to debut it in NY, only to then randomly debut it to the media.

I'll believe it when I see it. So far, no new official info on when the 2012 Camry is debuting. Some of the "inside sources" that claimed the Camry for sure was going to debut in NY were wrong, and as was Jim Lentz, who implied the Camry would debut in NY. I remain sorely disappointed at the inaccuracy of inside sources and Jim Lentz, so I will wait for official word from Toyota before believing anything else with regards to the 2012 Camry.
Old 04-30-11, 03:41 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

If the Camry is reading to hit showrooms by Fall, then they should have, and would have debuted it in NY. It makes zero sense not to debut it in NY, only to then randomly debut it to the media.

I'll believe it when I see it. So far, no new official info on when the 2012 Camry is debuting. Some of the "inside sources" that claimed the Camry for sure was going to debut in NY were wrong, and as was Jim Lentz, who implied the Camry would debut in NY. I remain sorely disappointed at the inaccuracy of inside sources and Jim Lentz, so I will wait for official word from Toyota before believing anything else with regards to the 2012 Camry.
well unofficial word just assumed it will be announced at NY show since the car's building process has started. So if they announce it at LA show, it means they will have 3-4 months of Camry production in stock already :-).
Old 04-30-11, 07:50 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
what if it could work with MANY devices and brands?
Then it makes sense, which is the point I was trying to make.