Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Ohio police use Tazer seven times on driver in diabetic shock, dislocate his s

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-11, 12:31 PM
LexFather

Default Ohio police use Tazer seven times on driver in diabetic shock, dislocate his s

Got damn

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/01/04/v...in-diabetic-s/

According to the Cincinatti Enquirer, motorist John Harmon was on his way home from work when his blood-sugar got too low. As a diabetic, this meant trouble, and Harmon's vehicle veered into another lane. A nearby Hamilton, Ohio sheriff's deputy spotted the unintentional maneuver and pulled him over. The officer then approached the car with his gun drawn and screamed at Harmon before smashing his window open. Harmon, 52, was then cut out of his seatbelt and dragged him to the ground. On the way down, his elbow was severely dislocated but the pain didn't end there. During this process he received seven shocks from a Tazer and kicked in the head... all while cowering on the ground in pain. According to the account, an Ohio Highway Patrol Officer arrived on the scene and was shocked to find Harmon being treated in this manner. He separated the officers from Harmon, only to discover Harmon's diabetics.

Harmon is currently suing the sheriff's office, but the officers are all still working. In fact, the original officer on the scene filed felony charges against Harmon and his boss signed off on them.

The Highway Patrol video of the incident is available after the jump. A word of warning, however: While you can't see the fighting, you can hear Mr. Harmon's anguished voice.

[Source: Cincinnati.com]

Old 01-04-11, 01:08 PM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Cops suck.

Yeah, all of them.
Old 01-04-11, 01:34 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I cant remember the last time I saw a cop that had even the slightest sign of intelligence on his/her face. It seems that as of late PD departments across the US hire the dumbest idiots they can find.
Old 01-04-11, 01:43 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) police and tazers is another story in the East Bay.
Old 01-04-11, 02:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

seriously, i don't automatically extend this to all cops (i even have friends as cops), but there are just so many cases like this that i feel so disgusted about
Old 01-04-11, 02:49 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
I cant remember the last time I saw a cop that had even the slightest sign of intelligence on his/her face. It seems that as of late PD departments across the US hire the dumbest idiots they can find.
It's really disappointing to read your post and agree 100% with it
Old 01-04-11, 02:54 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Just recently when snow hit our area bad, i had sawan old couple in a toyota camry stuck so i parked my car in parking lot and helped get them unstuck. It took about 20 minutes to even move the car and this whole time a cop was just looking at us, as if some sort of magic trick offering no help or assistance. I was fine with that i guess, maybe he wasn't allowed to help. It wasn't until i was walking back to my car after the old couple had gotten unstuck did the cop follow me in his police cruiser. As he saw me unlock my car, he pulled up next to me and asks for my license and i ask him why? He then responds with a "Because i said so" I ended up waiting for 2o more minutes After 20 minutes he hands it back and i ay is their a problem and he says "well you are making it seem like it will be." He then threatens to give me a ticket for my tinted windows and H.I.D. lights. This is when i asked for his badge number and or name to report a complaint with my father who is friends with the main guy in the department. Then the guy said "fine" and left. Needless to say i have a bad taste for law inforcement in my mouth. Sorry for the rant
Old 01-04-11, 03:05 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Fail
Old 01-04-11, 03:34 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

Idiots like these give good cops a bad name. Moron.
Old 01-04-11, 03:37 PM
Stormwind
Racer

As always there are 2 sides to the story.

1. As a diabetic it's his responsibility to keep his bood sugar high enough before he drives. It doesn't give him the right to veer into oncoming lane to endanger other people.

2. Being diabetic and driving dangerously is two seperate thing.

3. He should have follow orders do what the cop asked him and rolled down the windows and get out.

4. He should't have resisted when his *** finally gets drag out of the car.

5. Being diabetic doesn't give him the right to do 1-4

PS If you watched the video the guy sounds like he is a drug up crazed loonie.

Last edited by Stormwind; 01-04-11 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-04-11, 03:57 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

Guys, believe it or not....there are good cops. It's just that morons like this give everyone else a bad name. It's a shame really...
Old 01-04-11, 04:16 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I couldn't tell anything from the video, and I don't take that article at face value. There's always two sides to a story, and then there's the truth. That article told the story from the perspective of the "victim," and none of it was corroborated (nor falsified) by that video.
Old 01-04-11, 05:41 PM
BLK98GS3
Lead Lap

Being a cop doesnt allow the use of excessive force either. Your defense of the cop is laughable.

Originally Posted by Stormwind
As always there are 2 sides to the story.

1. As a diabetic it's his responsibility to keep his bood sugar high enough before he drives. It doesn't give him the right to veer into oncoming lane to endanger other people.

2. Being diabetic and driving dangerously is two seperate thing.

3. He should have follow orders do what the cop asked him and rolled down the windows and get out.

4. He should't have resisted when his *** finally gets drag out of the car.

5. Being diabetic doesn't give him the right to do 1-4

Old 01-04-11, 08:57 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Stormwind
Can't make heads or tails from the video, guy sounds like any older individual who is crashing from their cocktail of prescription meds
Old 01-05-11, 06:56 AM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Couple in labor, racing to the hospital, cited for speeding

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/...et.wmur?hpt=T2

I wouldn't care if all cops had the attitude of "The law is the law and that's it". But they don't. Their attitude is "The law is there for me to enforce, not to obey".

As far as I know, there is not ONE cop...anywhere...that actually comes to a complete stop at stop signs, or before turning right-on-red. But they're HAPPY to cite you for that, every single time they see you do it, and twice on Sundays.

I cannot count the number of times I've seen a cop drive up the shoulder to get past a long line of traffic.

And I personally (not my cousin's friend once told me a guy he knew...) saw a cop roll through FIVE red lights. Was late at night...I was stopped at the first light. He slowed down at the first light, turned his blinky lights on...rolled through the red light...turned his blinky lights off. Sped up to the next light, slowed down, turned his blinky lights on...rolled through the red light...turned his blinky lights off. He did that 3 more times, through all FIVE lights.

He just didn't feel like waiting at the lights. Guess what? Neither did I!!! But, I didn't have a choice!

Quick Reply: Ohio police use Tazer seven times on driver in diabetic shock, dislocate his s