Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Overwhelmed by traffic, Beijing turns to new car sales lottery

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-11, 02:54 AM
scubadorg
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by -J-P-L-
The one child policy, and now this. How sad to live without freedom.

If this type of stuff doesn't remind Americans of their protected rights and privileges, nothing will.

If i was driving in LA and was stuck in traffic for over 5 hours everyday, i sure as hell well complain to the government about the situation and hope they do something about it.

PS..
Yo J-P-L , im really happy for you. Imma let you finish but we know USA is the greatest country of them ALL.
Old 01-10-11, 04:36 AM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm surprised at the number of supporters we have of this in this short thread already, and coming from car enthusiasts no less. To those people, would you really be happy if your governor told you you couldn't buy a car unless you got lucky enough to win a lottery? Give me a break.

Originally Posted by scubadorg
If i was driving in LA and was stuck in traffic for over 5 hours everyday, i sure as hell well complain to the government about the situation and hope they do something about it.
How about we just ban cars altogether? Sound crazy? China is on this slippery slope.

PS..
Yo J-P-L , im really happy for you. Imma let you finish but we know USA is the greatest country of them ALL.
Sadly, I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic.
Old 01-10-11, 07:49 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by -J-P-L-
I'm surprised at the number of supporters we have of this in this short thread already, and coming from car enthusiasts no less. To those people, would you really be happy if your governor told you you couldn't buy a car unless you got lucky enough to win a lottery? Give me a break.
No one is stopping you from buying a new car in China, just as long as you're not planning to drive it inside of Beijing.

What's wrong with that? Do you live in downtown Boston? If you do, do you drive 20 blocks to work? If you did live in Boston downtown you would probably walk or take the metro to work, this law wouldnt effect you either.

If you live in the suburbs, then it wouldnt effect you either.
Old 01-10-11, 08:32 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think at the end of the day its a sacrifice that will hopefully bring in good outcome, otherwise youll see people trying to steal that lottery hat lol
Old 01-10-11, 09:45 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In cases like an overpopulated China, sometimes such acts like car ownership restriction may have to be enforced.

Haha now that was hilarious (in a humorous/comedic way :P)