Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

AWESOME Lexus Commercial "The Hard Way"

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-11, 09:47 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

I kinda agree that when I saw the commercial, I wasn't blown away until I saw the behind-the scenes.
Made me appreciate it more, especially how "certain things are made"
Old 01-27-11, 08:43 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Sometimes the hard way isn't the best way

AWESOME Lexus Commercial "The Hard Way"-hpkf6.png
Old 01-27-11, 10:50 PM
Amyl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amazing videos. Watched them all.
Old 01-28-11, 08:09 AM
magneti
Pole Position

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
This doesn't need to turn into a battle or a need to 'defend' Lexus. I agree with Mister Two as well. I saw the commercial for the first time last night and didn't get it. I saw the title of this thread a day or two ago and for some reason never checked it.

After seeing the commercial yesterday, I didn't really connect with what it meant. They picked 5 cars up on a chain. I saw the LS but didn't really focus on what the other cars were and just assumed they were LS's as well. Then the LFA drove up and of course I got excited and focused on that. Guy gets out and commercial ends.

So for me as much as I love Lexus, I didn't get the connection of Lexus doing it the 'hard way' with nothing to relate it to in comparison. Because I know how much work went into the LFA of course I was proud. But until I read page 2 of this thread (without watching any of the videos, yes I'm about too now) I didn't understand it was mainly about chassis strength more than lineage.

So I can understand a non car person knowing even less about Lexus not connecting to the commercial. Nor is an average person going to understand the risk of putting the $400k LFA underneath the chain because most won't know the price and may just take a 'so what' attitude.

Myself now though, I do appreciate the commercial more and am sure I will love the behind the scenes video as I watch them now.
i agree with this. the entire concept is somewhat lost unless you see the behind the scenes stuff.

the first few times I saw it, I said, meh, uninteresting.

the commercial is well done from an aesthetics angle but the point is somewhat lost.
Old 01-28-11, 01:32 PM
crazybuggy
Racer

lexus has pretty cool commercials