Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Hyundai Gandeur/Azera (fifth generation)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-11, 09:53 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I like this car a lot. The rear is meh, but inside and the front/sides are very nice. I wonder how they are going to price this. Maybe starting at 26k?
Old 11-16-11, 10:53 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 168 Likes on 100 Posts

The dated and homely Honday Odyssey/Subaru Impreza taillights are the weakest link with this very slick sedan. Otherwise, I'm extremely impressed! This is the type of thing Honda, Nissan, and Toyota should be doing.
I wish Hyundai the best with their future. They certainly deserve it after the type of research they've been doing.
Old 11-16-11, 11:08 PM
RXSF

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

i like the rear!
Old 11-17-11, 06:10 AM
Lexuslvr91
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks very nice.
Old 11-17-11, 06:53 AM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

Inside is nice and the rear looks very similar to maserati granturismo.
Old 11-17-11, 06:57 AM
LexFather

Its amazing how people hate the Lexus ES and bash it to no end yet every other car company seems to go after and make their own fake ES. Which this now is, a fake ES. Which will please people that like fakes and fluff.

Its another Hyundai that breaks no new ground. It breaks new ground for THEM but its another ho-hum effort.

Old 11-17-11, 07:04 AM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Its amazing how people hate the Lexus ES and bash it to no end yet every other car company seems to go after and make their own fake ES. Which this now is, a fake ES. Which will please people that like fakes and fluff.

Its another Hyundai that breaks no new ground. It breaks new ground for THEM but its another ho-hum effort.

While the ES is a handsome car, this Azera looks better, IMO. Will reserve judgment about breaking new ground after test drives and official pricing and standard equipment is announced. Either way it is breaking new ground for them, and as seen with their previous efforts, shaking everything up.
Old 11-17-11, 07:41 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn this Grandeur HG/Azera looks fantastic.

And with that:
Cheers to cars in this segment that actually excite (rather than those that bore you to death like the Toyota Avalon )
Old 11-17-11, 09:15 AM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

So many of the details on this car are lifted off of an ES that it takes the "fake ES" concept to a new level.

Name:  jroGL.png
Views: 4
Size:  11.2 KB
Name:  uYlhR.png
Size:  19.9 KB
Name:  08ZdR.png
Views: 3
Size:  18.4 KB
Name:  mz5Ld.png
Size:  13.2 KB

Name:  qfxKJ.png
Size:  16.7 KB
Name:  AZuDM.png
Size:  53.4 KB

Name:  8Ie9g.png
Size:  47.7 KB
Name:  XG6NT.png
Size:  30.2 KB

Name:  1ze0L.png
Size:  14.5 KB
Name:  BpDgV.png
Views: 2
Size:  13.8 KB
Old 11-17-11, 09:47 AM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I love it!! Hyundai gun is pointed directly at Lexus/Toyota head. So what are you going do?
Old 11-17-11, 09:57 AM
Alucard
Pole Position

Sad to see once again that something Hyundai does is upsetting to some.

What Hyundai does (or doesn't do) has no bearing on Lexus, so what's up with the negativity?

I always held the belief that car enthusiasts like....well...all cars. More cars and more choices make the world a better place for all lovers of the automobile.
Old 11-17-11, 10:02 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
So many of the details on this car are lifted off of an ES that it takes the "fake ES" concept to a new level.

END THREAD

Originally Posted by rogers2
I love it!! Hyundai gun is pointed directly at Lexus/Toyota head. So what are you going do?
Its great they targeted arguably the best People need to give the ES tons of credit for being a leader and success since 1992.

Originally Posted by Alucard
Sad to see once again that something Hyundai does is upsetting to some.

What Hyundai does (or doesn't do) has no bearing on Lexus, so what's up with the negativity?

I always held the belief that car enthusiasts like....well...all cars. More cars and more choices make the world a better place for all lovers of the automobile.
Whats sad is seeing someone upset that they see someone with a difference of opinion. I'm sorry should we all fap off to what you might like? What is up with these statements in Hyundai threads all the time?

Did anyone say it was a bad car? Nope. Is it wanna be ES? Yup and as stated, that makes people that like fake things happy and I'm happy for them.

People knock the ES all the time and now we welcome a copy of it? Exactly whats wrong with the world today.

Old 11-17-11, 10:11 AM
Alucard
Pole Position

I'm not saying that people aren't allowed to have differing of opinions, it's just that opinions presented as if they should be universal facts aren't rational.

You are always quite quick and vocal to poo-poo on Hyundai. While I don't believe everyone needs to "fap off" to every new Hyundai model, I also think there should be a bit of respect for others who don't feel the same as you do.

I know you are a big time Lexus fan. Guess what. I am too.

I just felt that clublexus was above the nastiness that is so prevelant on sites elsewhere.
Old 11-17-11, 10:36 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Alucard
I'm not saying that people aren't allowed to have differing of opinions, it's just that opinions presented as if they should be universal facts aren't rational.

You are always quite quick and vocal to poo-poo on Hyundai. While I don't believe everyone needs to "fap off" to every new Hyundai model, I also think there should be a bit of respect for others who don't feel the same as you do.

I know you are a big time Lexus fan. Guess what. I am too.

I just felt that clublexus was above the nastiness that is so prevelant on sites elsewhere.
Wait so its about me? I'm sorry I was commenting on the car, the Azera. I stated my opinion on the matter, I cannot help you interpret it as a fact, though I am maybe this sites most valuable source of information.

Your assessment is short-sighted and predictable at best since numerous times I have supported Hyundai and applauded them. I don't see you bringing those posts up. However in typical lazy fashion, when one makes a comment they disagree with, then they want to post and make blanket statements. Again I stated I know its a good car and is a step up for Hyundai, my apologies if I still see it as a knock-off ES 350.

FYI, I'm one of the few here (anywhere) that likes the previous Azera. I love the Genesis coupe, the updated powertrains are great. I have publicly warned others to knock off the Hyundai thread crapping when I was a moderator.

I strongly suggest in the future do some research before making blanket statements about myself or any other poster.

Thank you

Old 11-17-11, 10:47 AM
Alucard
Pole Position

Your prior comments about Hyundai are irrelevant as it's your confrontational attitude that is really the subject matter.

Like I said, I enjoy coming to clublexus because I see it as a well-informed source for all my car news. The negativity shown in Hyundai posts I find dissapointing. The comment of "fake ES" is nothing but argumentitive.

I don't want to argue. I respect your position/influence here at clublexus and what you do for the community of Lexus fans. I'd just prefer clublexus (especially carchat) to keep being the positive place it has been for fans of all cars.

Quick Reply: Hyundai Gandeur/Azera (fifth generation)