Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

VIP tuning to new height, Junction Produce RR Phantom

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-11, 01:02 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it looks OK.
Old 01-18-11, 05:10 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

The kit is okay (except for the vented fenders ), but I will always love the wheels. Scaras are money on any VIP car.

And let's face it - if you can afford this car, you can afford to modify it. Just about every other modified RR you'll see in shows sport the worst looking 22-26" wheels, so this one isn't bad at all.
Old 01-18-11, 05:25 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by pvmike1
The kit is okay (except for the vented fenders ), but I will always love the wheels. Scaras are money on any VIP car.

And let's face it - if you can afford this car, you can afford to modify it. Just about every other modified RR you'll see in shows sport the worst looking 22-26" wheels, so this one isn't bad at all.
That was why I got excited about this car, it is the 1st Phantom on JDM wheels that I have seen, it is also one of the 1st slammed one I have seen. Most of them are on some crappy cheap huge wheels on stock height

Most of them looks like a donk:

Old 01-18-11, 05:48 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SW2UZ
at first I thought it was a RR kit for the 300m
300M Phantom look like this

Old 01-18-11, 05:50 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GSteg
I really don't mind staggered wheel setup on a FWD if the owner is only going after all show and no go. If they're trying to go for all go then.....
Being fake is never cool, is like fake *****

Some people like them I guess.

My standard is not that high, but I like them real
Old 01-18-11, 06:01 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by <VENOM>
Its all about personal opinion, and my cars are investments in who I am, who I am going to become, and most importantly how I will get there.
Your meaning of investments is different then mine, I was thinking investments for financial gain.

You are right, you are in NYC, imagine is very important.

Your 2nd point, I know very well about the build of both cars but for the money I will pass, for 100k I will buy a 7series new, not an old worn out rebadged car
Just different personal preferences

Go look at all the used RR and Bentley selling for less then $100k, most of them have less then 30k miles and in mint condition, I don't think I would call them old and worn out An old used RR Ghost is way sicker then a brand new 7-series for the same price. Just like how a used $30k LS430 is way sicker then any brand new Camry or Avalon.

But I like how you think, please spread the words. I want to lower the demand of used RR and Bentley to drive the prices down
Old 01-18-11, 06:06 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
Being fake is never cool, is like fake *****

Some people like them I guess.

My standard is not that high, but I like them real

Well when it comes to looks, it's all subjective. People on there do things to their cars that were never meant to be done in the first place. I've seen fender vents on GS and LS, and those as fake as any MTV's reality show, but it usually gets a thumbs up

There is nothing 'fake' with having staggered wheel setup on a FWD as long as you're promoting it for looks. It's only wrong from a performance standpoint, but that's because of the physical effects of having more traction in the rear of a car that needs more traction in the front. If it's all done for looks, then it's almost free game. We can all agree that a staggered setup looks better than a reversed staggered setup on any car regardless of the drive wheel orientation, and I'm guessing that is one of the reasons why FWD owners put on staggered wheels.

That's not to say I will ever put it on a FWD vehicle, because I like to rotate my wheels.

Anyways this thread is about the RR so I'll leave it as that.
Old 01-18-11, 10:35 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Obtainable yes but unexpected costly maintenance creeps up on you, I would not advise any normal car enthusiast to buy one, in the 100k market you can find a dozen Japanese cars to buy and if your feeling frisky add in some German cars or to sweeten the value for your money dive into the high end used car market.

The RR and Bentleys don't seem like wise investments, and if they turn into money pits and headaches, your not even gonna enjoy them
people who buy RRs dont buy them as investments

they invest in things that give them 3x~100x returns

BMW has been doing great things with the Phantom
turning RR from being a dinosaur to be able to keep up with this day and age
Old 01-19-11, 09:07 AM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Your meaning of investments is different then mine, I was thinking investments for financial gain.

You are right, you are in NYC, imagine is very important.

Just different personal preferences

Go look at all the used RR and Bentley selling for less then $100k, most of them have less then 30k miles and in mint condition, I don't think I would call them old and worn out An old used RR Ghost is way sicker then a brand new 7-series for the same price. Just like how a used $30k LS430 is way sicker then any brand new Camry or Avalon.

But I like how you think, please spread the words. I want to lower the demand of used RR and Bentley to drive the prices down
Never been into image, I kind of like my cars disappearing into a parking lot, not sticking out, the only reason people know it's me is cause the tint, and my car is clean

I guess we have different views but I would rather a new loaded Camry over a used LS, or a new 7 over a RR or Bently, my last actual job it was hard enough driving a Maxima, my old boss did not see anything but a shinny black car, with leather and nav and that seemed like it bothered him.

Car investment, I just meant in the sense that a DD gets you to and from work or whatever makes you money, and also happiness, cause when your happy you strive to do and get more.

Thanks for the tip on the used car prices
Old 01-19-11, 03:37 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I guess we have different views but I would rather a new loaded Camry over a used LS, or a new 7 over a RR or Bently, my last actual job it was hard enough driving a Maxima, my old boss did not see anything but a shinny black car, with leather and nav and that seemed like it bothered him.
I don't agree with a Camry over a used LS as long as the LS is new enough to have a warranty.

I hate bosses who do the jealous thing when you have a better car than they do. They probably have a nice home and family but you have a stupid car better than theirs and they go haywire.
That has happened to me many times.
Old 01-19-11, 08:03 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
Well when it comes to looks, it's all subjective. People on there do things to their cars that were never meant to be done in the first place. I've seen fender vents on GS and LS, and those as fake as any MTV's reality show, but it usually gets a thumbs up
slightly off topic, but the fender vents on the GS that you see are not stick ons, but actual fender replacements i believe (pls correct me if i'm wrong). that's why it gets the thumbs up because its sick and totally makes the GS look completely different

below is pic of an artisan spirits fender vent mod for the 3GS.
Attached Thumbnails VIP tuning to new height, Junction Produce RR Phantom-f-04w.jpg  
Old 01-19-11, 08:09 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

300M Phantom look like this

cant lie,,these look pretty damn good,,but u know its 300 bc of damn tis wheels,,
Old 01-20-11, 08:51 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stormforge
slightly off topic, but the fender vents on the GS that you see are not stick ons, but actual fender replacements i believe (pls correct me if i'm wrong). that's why it gets the thumbs up because its sick and totally makes the GS look completely different

below is pic of an artisan spirits fender vent mod for the 3GS.
Sometime fake means it is not functional, it could be a real vent, but is a vent that does nothing, channeling air to no where.

But yeah, a real vent is more real then a sticker vent
Old 01-20-11, 09:17 AM
LexFather

No crap I saw a 300C in Miami with Bentley badges all over it. I was stunned that anyone would really do that.

Old 01-20-11, 12:08 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
No crap I saw a 300C in Miami with Bentley badges all over it. I was stunned that anyone would really do that.
My gf doesn't know the difference unless she read the badge. (she also liked ZDX until I slap the **** out of her). I am sure she's not the only one.

Quick Reply: VIP tuning to new height, Junction Produce RR Phantom