Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

McLaren prices MP4-12C at $229,000

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-10, 06:48 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is little interesting fact.
I chatted with my friend from Woking while watching Monte Carlo race and he/she told me that MP4-12C weight of 2,866lb is dry weight with weight saving options (non-standard equipement like light exhaust, etc.). Wth all the fluids and some lux options like electric seats, navigation the car could tip well over 3150lb
Old 05-16-10, 06:32 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Vladi
Here is little interesting fact.
I chatted with my friend from Woking while watching Monte Carlo race and he/she told me that MP4-12C weight of 2,866lb is dry weight with weight saving options (non-standard equipement like light exhaust, etc.). Wth all the fluids and some lux options like electric seats, navigation the car could tip well over 3150lb
Interesting....

I just read in EVO that they are not concerned wtih 0-60 but 0-100 and 100-0...

Old 05-16-10, 10:52 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

This design looks Dated. Almost like a 2004 model McLaren should have looked like.
Old 06-02-10, 02:27 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The McLaren MP4-12C has barely hit the market yet, and already reports are surfacing of new variants. Last year we were already seeing reports of a convertible version in the works. Then reports of a potential privateer racing model trickled out a few months later. Now, word from across the pond is that McLaren Automotive is planning on squeezing an extra couple of seats into the MP4-12C to make it a proper 2+2.

With an enlarged cabin, the 2+2 would be the first four-seater to roll out of Woking – most of their chassis, after all, are single-seaters – but it wouldn't be the first McLaren with more than two seats: The famous McLaren F1 supercar featured a unique 1+2 configuration with a central driving position, a setup McLaren abandoned for the MP4. With the 2+2 version, it looks like at least one of your dates will have to sit in the back. Good luck smoothing that one over there, slick.
(Courtesy of Autoblog)
Old 06-02-10, 03:51 PM
Bombsquad
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TJW98LS
This design looks Dated. Almost like a 2004 model McLaren should have looked like.
agree 100% its the boring wheels, the colour especially! That colour was in fashion 10 years ago, seriously, that is so obvious and so easy to change, but every pic is of the car like that

Any other colour would be an improvement, you are supposed to lust after supercars...fails badly in that department imho.
Old 06-03-10, 06:25 PM
Thermactor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, we've gone from the most distinctive, groundbreaking, fastest, race-winning car on the planet to .... this... thing... with the only boast being that the motor has the highest HP to CO2 ratio available.

This is what happens when you let the Sierra Club design a "supercar"
Old 07-07-10, 02:17 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts
Default VIDEO: New Mc Laren makes debut at Goodwood

By now we've all seen and gotten intimate with the McLaren MP4-12C, McLaren Automotive's first foray into its reborn production-car business. The car, powered by a 3.8-liter V-8 twin-turbo engine, made its official public debut at the Goodwood Festival of Speed this weekend, and we have the video.
There's nothing new to the car, though McLaren is still calling it a 12C VP, for "validation prototype," however, so we may see minor tweaks and changes to the car before its full-on production debut. What's new is the video of the car in action on the Goodwood Hill Climb, which you can catch below.
In addition to hitting the Hill Climb course, the MP4-12C was also granted the honor of "pole position" for each Supercar Run, in part because of its status as a British supercar, but also in recognition of the drivers behind the wheel: F1 World Champions Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton.
There's more to come from McLaren, and soon, says managing director Antony Sheriff. "This is just the start for McLaren Automotive. In five year’s time, I expect us to be presenting a full range of innovative and performance-focused sports cars. Sports car enthusiasts all over the world will be able to enjoy McLaren cars up close and personal at events like Goodwood Festival of Speed."

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1...-pilots-in-tow
Attached Thumbnails McLaren prices MP4-12C at 9,000-mclaren-mp4-12c-makes-world-debut-at-goodwood-festival_100315670_m.jpg  
Old 07-07-10, 02:19 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm happy to hear that McLaren are introducing a new street vehicle. I'm a huge F1 fan
and McLaren have always been my team!
Old 07-07-10, 03:10 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I am loving this new Mc Laren. I know the performance will probably be blistering. When the F1 came out it, like the Bugatti Veyron did, just blew everything out of the water and rewrote the sports car book as well as raising the bar.......like 4 notches
Old 08-13-10, 10:33 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Monterey 2010: McLaren MP4-12C makes North American debut, ushers new McLaren order

Monterey 2010: McLaren MP4-12C makes North American debut, ushers in new McLaren order

With a burst of light and a swoosh of its car cover, the McLaren MP4-12C made its North American debut this evening in Pebble Beach. Gooding auctions unveiled the new supercar at its preview reception, the same locale that has seen the debuts of other significant vehicles from the past few years – namely the Rolls-Royce Hyperion and the Pininfarina P4/5. But tonight McLaren was definitely the star of the show. Besides giving Americans their first glimpse of its latest model, McLaren also talked a bit about the new company they are introducing to build and sell not just the MP4-12C, but a whole range of road vehicles.

This isn't like the way things were done with the F1, where it was basically a special project inside the technical and racing operations...no, it's a whole new passenger car company that will have an assortment of vehicles apparently. In fact, McLaren Automotive has already announced the list of 35 cities that will be hosting McLaren dealerships, and the rumor mill is in full swing telling us that a successor to the big-daddy F1 is in the cards for as early as 2012. The last bit of info we gleened from the presentation was that they seemed to talk a lot about their winning history in both Formula 1 and sports car racing and how they love to win. Perhaps a not-so-subtle hint that a racing version of the MP4-12C will be built? Makes sense to us. While we're waiting for spy shots of that project, do yourself a favor and check out the hot new McLaren in our gallery below.

Gallery:
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/mclar...debut/#3260613

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/08/13/m...n-debut-usher/
Old 08-13-10, 10:42 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Can't wait for a comparo with this car. So many new/refreshed contenders (LFA, 458 Italia, Gallardo Superleggera, GT3 RS, SLS AMG, R8 V10) in this field!!!
Old 08-14-10, 06:52 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

I don't know why but visually, this car is not very impressive to me. Looks like a big Evora.
Old 08-14-10, 08:27 AM
Mbenz528i
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ Same. I expect that it will be a beast, but not sold on the looks either.
Old 08-14-10, 11:56 AM
SurfsUP
Pole Position

I have to agree this thing looks too much like an Evora.
It looks kinda fugly from the side with the side vents near the rear of the door looking more like fish gills!
Old 08-14-10, 12:05 PM
LexFather

Agreed that is looks like a 1980s/1990s car. I know the tech and performance will be awesome but it seems like a kit car in pics.

Quick Reply: McLaren prices MP4-12C at $229,000