Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

NYC Boat show pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-11, 07:09 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome thread and now I can't wait for spring even more now. Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-22-11, 07:42 PM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Nice!

Love the Mako always been one of my favorite boats!! I also like Boston Whalers.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-22-11, 07:54 PM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by TripleL
Awesome thread and now I can't wait for spring even more now. Thanks for sharing!
Your welcome it's depressing with all this snow we've gotten in northeast, I just pickup 2011 ISF 2 months ago and she just sitting in garge now you can only wax the car but so many times lol can't wait for spring
Old 01-22-11, 08:31 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davcrz5
Your welcome it's depressing with all this snow we've gotten in northeast, I just pickup 2011 ISF 2 months ago and she just sitting in garge now you can only wax the car but so many times lol can't wait for spring
C'mon dude....it's just an F....car is good to go with a proper set of winters.
Attached Thumbnails NYC Boat show pics-camrose-20101116-00011.jpg  
Old 01-22-11, 09:57 PM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
C'mon dude....it's just an F....car is good to go with a proper set of winters.
It not just snow, I work in nyc and roads here have taken beating this winter from all the snow and freezing weather with pot hole the size of VW bugs lol, and with roads falling apart from all the salt and heavy traffic with just one of roads that I travel having more than 400,000 vehicles traveling thru it daily and this includes semi truck and when there driving along kicking up bits and pieces of blacktop or concert. See what that will do to your car not to mention just plain old normal cars doing the same thing unfortunately almost every major highway has incurred some road damge so no matter what route you take your going to hit some bad road conditions. Everyone know how soft or paint is, on my prevous lexus IS350 after it first winter I had three serous chips one on roof between top of wind shield and sunroof and several minor one, had to paint the hood and bumber again I then had clear bra installed to help protect it.

I'm having the clear bra installed on ISF on Thursday doing hood, leading edge of front fenders rear lower portion of front fender just behind vents, front bumper, side mirrors, and bottom section of rear quarter panels and after clear bra is installed, I still will not use my F during a severe winter here, just because of poor road conditions that what my highlander truck is for. Now if it was a mild winter and roads were in good shape sure why not put set of snow tires and its a wrap but until that occurs my F will stay in my garage unfortunately until spring good luck with your F.
Old 01-23-11, 12:15 AM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by davcrz5
It not just snow, I work in nyc and roads here have taken beating this winter from all the snow and freezing weather with pot hole the size of VW bugs lol, and with roads falling apart from all the salt and heavy traffic with just one of roads that I travel having more than 400,000 vehicles traveling thru it daily and this includes semi truck and when there driving along kicking up bits and pieces of blacktop or concert. See what that will do to your car not to mention just plain old normal cars doing the same thing unfortunately almost every major highway has incurred some road damge so no matter what route you take your going to hit some bad road conditions. Everyone know how soft or paint is, on my prevous lexus IS350 after it first winter I had three serous chips one on roof between top of wind shield and sunroof and several minor one, had to paint the hood and bumber again I then had clear bra installed to help protect it.

I'm having the clear bra installed on ISF on Thursday doing hood, leading edge of front fenders rear lower portion of front fender just behind vents, front bumper, side mirrors, and bottom section of rear quarter panels and after clear bra is installed, I still will not use my F during a severe winter here, just because of poor road conditions that what my highlander truck is for. Now if it was a mild winter and roads were in good shape sure why not put set of snow tires and its a wrap but until that occurs my F will stay in my garage unfortunately until spring good luck with your F.

Yep you are 100% right, I live in BK I know exactly what you are talking about.