Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Another brutal M3 wreck

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-11, 06:56 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
There are multiple threads in the various forums over there. I'm a member there and am curious who the "A$$HOLES" are?

Are they the guys that are expressing a lack of sympathy for someone that died while drinking and driving?

Or are they the guys that are defending the dead driver, in spite of the decision he made?

Apparently, you or no one you care for has ever been hit by a drunk driver. Trust me when I say that your perspective changes dramatically when you've been directly involved.

In spite of this, condolences to the driver's family and friends.
The accident that happened i feel bad for him and his family no lie here, but how forum members bashing and cursing each other was crazy. Like a comment from yesterday this guy told this women she is fat and needs to check her self something along those lines. I was trying to find that comment but it was already deleted. We never BASH each other here, they can't keep in mind that there is freedom of speech.
Old 01-25-11, 07:10 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by RX469
Wow. A life is a life. No matter who it is.
he was a drunk driver, risking others on the road.

what if by total concidence that one of your family members (wish i hope would never happen) was driving along the same road and was injured/killed by this guys reckless behavior? wonder if you would be singing the same tune.
Old 01-26-11, 06:54 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I NEVER EVER EVER EVER understood why people drive FASTER when they are drunk or buzzed. I never had a talk from my parents helping me distinguish between right and wrong in this regard. They never sat me down and said, "if you've been drinking and absolutely have to drive - drive slow." No, never got one of these talks...never needed it - it IS COMMON SENSE. Trust me I use to go to bars and clubs all the time when I was younger with 3-4am drives home. If anything I would drive even more cautiously if I was unsure if I should be driving or not. Almost so cautious and slow that I think it was drawing attention to me some nights. You really have to be a moron to have fun with your car when you are feeling impaired. There are many, many other times...right time and place to have fun with your hobby. While impaired is certainly not the time. It's a shame because this could have been easily avoided. This guy probably had a lot going for him...a wealthy family? perhaps a high-end career? Young, owned an M3 and took yearly trips to Palm Beach, FL. It's really a damn shame. ;(

Kind of off topic...

I just think it is INCREDIBLE how trees hold up. It always amazes me. Imagine a 4000lb machine hitting a stationary object at 80mph+ and all it suffers is some missing bark. You think of a brick wall as something impervious...would easily be blasted through in an event like this. Mother nature is amazing - just look at those trees...they didn't even budge.

Last edited by Rock-a-Lex; 01-26-11 at 07:01 AM.
Old 01-26-11, 08:37 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
I NEVER EVER EVER EVER understood why people drive FASTER when they are drunk or buzzed.
I think the question should simply be "I never ever ever ever understood why people drive DRUNK" Period. No excuse. It's a choice to do something dangerous and illegal. Whatever the outcome, it is what it is.
Old 01-26-11, 08:52 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
I think the question should simply be "I never ever ever ever understood why people drive DRUNK" Period. No excuse. It's a choice to do something dangerous and illegal. Whatever the outcome, it is what it is.
Absolutely! However, I have to admit that I have driven with a good buzz that I can count on one hand in my life. Only when everyone else is completely blasted and I am the only one able to drive. Still a poor decision but at least I was "a little" responsible and cautious for myself and others knowing that I wasn't at typical 100% alert levels.
Old 01-26-11, 08:58 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Isn't there a certain level of being drunk, is not to realize being drunk? lol

I don't know anything, I don't drink, just wanna know.
Old 01-26-11, 09:20 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
Absolutely! However, I have to admit that I have driven with a good buzz that I can count on one hand in my life. Only when everyone else is completely blasted and I am the only one able to drive. Still a poor decision but at least I was "a little" responsible and cautious for myself and others knowing that I wasn't at typical 100% alert levels.
But here's the question for you. And especially since you are a performance modder.

You just like me enjoy a spirited race from time to time. Even when sober we have picked conditions less than ideal for a run. Now you have that good buzz going, your inhibitions are lowered, I see you on the road with my GS and wanna test your mods, your blasted friends see me doing this and you know they will talk crap if you punk out.

Your next decision is....?

And we need to not pretend that a buzz is going to make us opt for better decisions that sober.
Old 01-26-11, 10:34 AM
LexFather

Gonna lock this one up b4 it gets ugly in here like Bubba Sparkxx