Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus new interiors for 2011

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-11, 05:43 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus new interiors for 2011

I was just browsing and I see Lexus made some changes to some of their interiors for the MY 2011

Sadly the GS models are still never thought about, They really need to bring back that passionate black and red interior that was offered in limited supply

The IS pretty much as the same Black, Ivory(Ecru) and grey leather choices, but with different wood, but now offeres sport seats with the black/alcantra seating and a black headliner, bet thats hott & the IS-F has orange and black now, which i bet looks nice in person.

The ES now has some nice interior choices too, two choices of grey interiors & the saddle/tan interior

Like I said, the GS is left unnoticed

The LS of course with Matte wood in Alabaster & the saddle/tan in the sport and the two tone ivory in the 600h model

I see in the IS-C, they dumped the blue and ecru interior and now offer saddle interior

The LX with black leather and two wood choices,

I feel they need to add some serious flare to the interior of the RX, it needs like a saddle interior, same as the GS of course and the LS

Last generation LS came with that purple like leather but only in the 01-03 and saddle in the 04-06, wish they didnt dump it.

But its nice to see that the newer models are starting to look a little more modern inside instead of the boring tan, grey and black normal interiors.
Old 01-24-11, 05:54 PM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The GX getting a real black interior, 2010 or 2011, was about the best thing ever
Old 01-24-11, 08:03 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am extremely excited to see these changes and take it as a sign of turning tides and new thinking at Lexus. I have complained for a long time about the standard tan/gray/black interior options (at best) on most Lexus cars and have heard similar comments echoed by customers in the showroom. In two years, we went from that to:

Saddle, Sepia, contrast stitching, matte wood, alcantara, aluminum, carbon fiber...so much new thinking at Lexus and I am very excited about what the future holds

P.S. thanks for the heads up on the LX. I had no idea and this is a huge win!
Old 01-24-11, 08:42 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

yeah the entire IS range of course has the most options for being the sportiest Lexus, but I just wish it was offered with every trim like the standard sedan, C & F. But the parachment in the IS 250/350 is nice with its two tone as like the grey with the two tone. Im just really shocked they put that effort in the ES and not the GS.

Just glad with the LX & GX they finally offered real black leather instead of "Dark Grey" and the Sepia is really nice and warm I feel, it too should be offered in the RX and LX or atlease something close to it.

Glad to see more elaborate colors are being put into effect

Why did they discontinue the blue/ecru in the IS-C? I never seen one. Was it just not a very popular option? pictures i think made it look half as$ and cheap.
Old 01-24-11, 08:44 PM
LexFather

The GS is on its way out, no sense to update it. Comapred to the 1 and 2GS the 3GS has 3 woods and 3 leathers with the rare passionate black.

I was also happy the GX and LX gained black leather.

Will people buy them though? Seems most people buy a Lexus with beige leather.

Old 01-24-11, 09:19 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Last generation LS came with that purple like leather
Yep. IMO, there's almost no hue on a car that looks better (inside or out) than Amythist, a purplish-gray color. I'm a real s**ker for that shade.....but few automotive products offer it.
Old 01-24-11, 10:43 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Good to know Lexus is expanding interior options .
Old 01-25-11, 02:18 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

for a flagship sedan, the LS needs way more options in combination and customization.
Old 01-25-11, 03:42 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I believe the first gen LS were available with red and purple leather
Old 01-25-11, 07:20 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 160 Likes on 118 Posts

i hate that american grey interior that many lexus and toyota vehicles have... it is pure crap! tan is just slightly better.
Old 01-25-11, 08:44 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't forget about this interior...

Old 01-25-11, 09:08 AM
gemigniani
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Can't get a blue interior on a modern Lexus nor a cloth interior. Cloth is much more durable and comfortable than leather and blue doesn't show the dirt nearly as much.

My guess is the carmakers nowadays WANT the interiors to age rapidly so as to force buyers to trade in their cars more frequently.
Old 01-25-11, 09:23 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gemigniani
Can't get a blue interior on a modern Lexus nor a cloth interior. Cloth is much more durable and comfortable than leather and blue doesn't show the dirt nearly as much.

My guess is the carmakers nowadays WANT the interiors to age rapidly so as to force buyers to trade in their cars more frequently.
You can in Japan.

However, in the U.S, Lexus provides less options. The more options available, the higher the costs. Lexus USA actually pays more money to ToMoCo in Japan for the privilege of more options...

And just so you now, the IS-C has a blue interior...
Attached Thumbnails Lexus new interiors for 2011-blueinterior.jpg  

Last edited by PhilipMSPT; 01-25-11 at 09:29 AM.
Old 01-25-11, 11:22 AM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

^^ that is not tastefully done at all. Lexus needs to take a look at what mercedes does with their designo packages...
Old 01-25-11, 12:11 PM
felixsc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AJL0365
Last generation LS came with that purple like leather but only in the 01-03
WTF? Pics plz!

Quick Reply: Lexus new interiors for 2011