Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Anyone Seen the new Dodge Durango Citadel?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-11, 05:13 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should set some new records for depreciation if nothing else.
Old 02-01-11, 09:30 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
$59K? That is GX 460 Premium territory. Dodge is nuts...
Dodge is not nuts, nessecarily...This one isnt nessecarily Dodge's fault. 50k in todays market (sadly) might be on the higher side of reasonable...but the dealer slapped on 10k worth of Mopar accesories (the slush mats for the front are $280 ), and marked it up to 59k. They probably will not get it, and if they do, some poor sap is deluded to think he will not be taking a HUGE hit in the man tackle.

Sadly, it seems, the going rate for a Fully loaded Mid Size SUV is about 45k. But this one's biggest selling feature, is the 5.7L Hemi, which you cant get in a Traverse, or an Explorer.

Originally Posted by Lil4X
But at the same time, the GX has often been called a 4Runner with an option package. Maybe its time we gave the domestics a second look instead of turning our noses up at them. Let's see what they can offer us before we dismiss them altogether. After all, Ford is making a comeback, why not Chrysler?
Bob, You and I go back aways, and I like you. You are always objective when it comes to things like this. But lets face it. Good as it may be, Chrysler has ZERO right to to claim this rig is worth the same price as a New Lexus. They just do not have the reputation to support that. It takes *****...to be sure. That said (like I said above), this one isnt nessecarily Dodge's doing.

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Should set some new records for depreciation if nothing else.
IS-SV, we dont agree on alot (albeit with Civility), but I agree with you here. Whether I want to admit it or not, Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler and anything made by Chrysler Co, will always have a ~50% depreciation ratio in the first year of ownership, at least for the forseeable future. My truck is a perfect example. 38K new (window sticker is in the glove box), and I paid 21k after it was a little more than a year old. Mileage aside (it had alot on it when I bought it), thats a STAGGERING depreciation.

Someone will buy it, and love it, and not realize how hard they just took it IDB, until 3 years later when they want to trade, and their prized Durango is worth what? Oh yeah...10,000 clams.
Old 02-01-11, 11:37 PM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I agree that Dodge trying to sell a product in established Lexus price territory is going to be an uphill battle - and that's probably one of the better reasons for the $7,000 "discounts" some dealers are offering now on some of the full-boat Rams. No, I don't think the market will support a "Big 3" vehicle much over 40K, even if it were gold-plated . . . there's not enough market cachet for a lowly Dodge to compete with Lexus, Lincoln, or Cadillac in that rarefied atmosphere of Lux-Trux.

At the same time, despite the marketing, some informal parking lot shopping reveals the latest Chevy and GMC Tahoe/Yukon offerings with the Denali or LTZ packages are every bit the equal of their Escalade brethren, only with a considerable savings (around $10K, list) and a lot less likelihood of being stripped in your driveway by the midnight auto supply. It's the way moderately wealthy suburbanites fly under the radar these days.
Old 02-02-11, 02:51 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the past the Grand Cherokee Overlander has been priced at 50k and it sells, its all in perspective, the dealers mark them up cause they know someone will buy it, I hate to say it but the Lexus LX570 is a rebadged LandCruiser, the profit margin on that is huge, SUV are the largest profit.
Old 02-02-11, 03:24 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne
IS-SV, we dont agree on alot (albeit with Civility), but I agree with you here. Whether I want to admit it or not, Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler and anything made by Chrysler Co, will always have a ~50% depreciation ratio in the first year of ownership, at least for the forseeable future. My truck is a perfect example. 38K new (window sticker is in the glove box), and I paid 21k after it was a little more than a year old. Mileage aside (it had alot on it when I bought it), thats a STAGGERING depreciation.

Someone will buy it, and love it, and not realize how hard they just took it IDB, until 3 years later when they want to trade, and their prized Durango is worth what? Oh yeah...10,000 clams.
Naaah, we don't disagree on that much, only on rare occasions (with civility)

Depreciation on this model will be up there for sure.
Old 02-02-11, 05:10 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Citadel sounds like a disease.

Chrysler coming back is like saying a mass murderer coming back from prison.
Old 02-02-11, 05:39 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Och
Citadel sounds like a disease.
I thought it was a new prescription drug for treating STD's.
Old 02-03-11, 06:12 AM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I work for a chrysler dealer and we recently got in a citidal edition durango RWD and it is priced at 46. What options does that thing have in it for 60k?

I personally dont like it because If I want a SUV, I want it to sit like a SUV. For its general size, it sits too low. Im sure the new uni-body platform makes it smoother but it looks too soft for a large SUV while being compared to the Yukon, Sequoia and such.