Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Anyone Seen the new Dodge Durango Citadel?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-11, 09:12 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Anyone Seen the new Dodge Durango Citadel?

She sure is a looker...

I saw that one at Tom O'Brien Chrysler Dodge when I was in Indianapolis. My Serp. belt tensioner snapped on the highway about 4 miles from my grandparents house. Anywhoo, I REALLLY wanted to take this out for a test drive, we were considering it for the Wife...but when I saw the price...I backed away...slowly...then ran for the hills.

Now...this rig was NICE, almost lexus quality interior (from what I could see), with what appeared to be (but probably was not) an alacantra dash, and door panels in black, with white stitching on the dash, doors, and seats. Woodgrain all over, and EVERY dealer accessory offered by the dealer and Dodge, pre-installed...but the price...I just could not bear to look again, but I had to. I had to make sure I was not crazy...Sure enough, I went back and looked again...

$59,450 +T/T/L.

OUCH.

I left, without so much as TOUCHING that rig. I got into my Ram and was never happier with my $20,000 used truck. EVER. I have also never been more stumped as to why someone would ever pay more than $35,000 for any Dodge (with the 3/4 ton Ram lineups being the exception). I can get a nicely equipped Sequoia, and maybe even a GX for that.

Last edited by ArmyofOne; 01-31-11 at 09:16 PM.
Old 01-31-11, 10:39 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have seen a few of these pas by me in my travels thru various states, and I do agree with you; it is a looker. Couple of things I DON'T like aside from pricing.

a. Is a direct Grend Cherokee knockoff. Had to look several times to make sure I was seeing Dodge from the front end. When it passes you, NOTHING BUT the new Grand Cherokee in the Rear.

B. It pretty much, now, thinks it is in the same league with the likes of Chevy Tahoe, GMC Yukon, Caddie Escalade (hence the pricing). NO!!!

c. While I applaud the designers for FINALLY taking time to design something halfway decent for the SUV,,it is still a dodge product. Let's hope that this one doesn't suffer the same poor fitment and build qualities as some of the previous models; albeit the new one looks to be put together considerably well.
Old 01-31-11, 11:22 PM
superchan7
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If Dodge can offer a Lexus-grade interior at less than Lexus-grade price (I don't even think you can load an RX450h to $60K), then we will talk. The dealer would have to have a laugh if it actually sells a Durango for $60K.
Old 02-01-11, 12:14 AM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

yep you can load an RX450h to past 60K. mine was 59.3 msrp and it doesnt have ML audio nor the dual dvd monitors. that aside, that is a lot to pay for an american car that is on its last legs of survival
Old 02-01-11, 03:35 AM
TOPSECRTIS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne
I have also never been more stumped as to why someone would ever pay more than $35,000 for any Dodge (with the 3/4 ton Ram lineups being the exception).
My thoughts exactly. Maybe if this Durango had the Cummins in it, but still 60K?!?!
Old 02-01-11, 04:19 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by trukn1
I have seen a few of these pas by me in my travels thru various states, and I do agree with you; it is a looker. Couple of things I DON'T like aside from pricing.

a. Is a direct Grend Cherokee knockoff. Had to look several times to make sure I was seeing Dodge from the front end. When it passes you, NOTHING BUT the new Grand Cherokee in the Rear.

B. It pretty much, now, thinks it is in the same league with the likes of Chevy Tahoe, GMC Yukon, Caddie Escalade (hence the pricing). NO!!!

c. While I applaud the designers for FINALLY taking time to design something halfway decent for the SUV,,it is still a dodge product......
Saw one on the lot yesterday and the above sums it all up well JGC blows it away and for MUCH better price... even at $50K price is a joke
Old 02-01-11, 06:43 AM
lexmenow
Lexus Champion

Can get me another rental property for 60k damn. New car prices are crazy. I'll stick with used. One day when I have no bills and my retirement is straight I will throw 60k at a vehicle.
Old 02-01-11, 06:47 AM
LexFather

I think they did a great job inside and out. 50 or 59k for a Dodge SUV is ridiculous.

Old 02-01-11, 08:56 AM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

As nice as is $59k is too much you can get just like the Explorer $49k too much where do they think normal people like me going to get money for that I thought the Pilot and Highlander was alot for $40k they sound like bargins now its not like these two have third rows much bigger than those two or more unique features, sure maybe Sync and the Mygig is that what Dodge calls it, but for the money give me a GX , X5 or RX no way its worth blowing $59k on this
Old 02-01-11, 09:36 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$59K? That is GX 460 Premium territory. Dodge is nuts...
Old 02-01-11, 10:15 AM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

But at the same time, the GX has often been called a 4Runner with an option package. Maybe its time we gave the domestics a second look instead of turning our noses up at them. Let's see what they can offer us before we dismiss them altogether. After all, Ford is making a comeback, why not Chrysler?
Old 02-01-11, 11:22 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've driven 2 of the new JGC's and like it. This Dodge Durango will need huge discounts to be cleared out.
Old 02-01-11, 11:51 AM
MadMax96
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You lost me at "Dodge."
Attached Thumbnails Anyone Seen the new Dodge Durango Citadel?-funny.gif  
Old 02-01-11, 01:52 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

The problem with Dodge no matter how good the car is, when you tell someone its $60k they wont listen to anything else.
Old 02-01-11, 05:10 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Typical dealer markup, Im sure someone will buy it, a loaded V8 AWD Durango is 44k, the 60k version should be the Chrysler Aspen

Quick Reply: Anyone Seen the new Dodge Durango Citadel?