Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Here is what happens when people don't obey laws, lanes and signals.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-11, 08:22 AM
OPTiK
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw a video one time of a guy on a bike that was going pretty fast and he hit this truck and flipped off his bike and landed on his feet! This is a funny video until you see the pedestrian get hit, that's messed up.
Old 02-03-11, 08:32 AM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
the people who said 'not to report' are morons~ public safety is everyones responsibility.
totally agree. some stuff on the video is insane!! hitting pedestrians and motorcycles is not cool Thats why I dont own a bike lol
Old 02-03-11, 08:35 AM
pandaIS25o
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow!! you gotta be brave to break rules:P completely insane!!!!
Old 02-03-11, 08:38 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 216 Posts

Yeah these guys are not running red lights they're running into them. Clearly not even paying attention to the road. They're either texting or surfing web on damn cell phones.
Old 02-03-11, 09:54 AM
IS25Heaven
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice vid, the people that told you not to report her would most likely change their mind once they get hit by a car that ran a red light.

Some of these drivers straight up never bothered to hit the brakes, it looked to me they were even trying to catch speed.

Im pretty sure the dude at 3:12 ended up dying, cuz that impact was no joke.
The fire truck one was actually kind of funny.
Also the driver of the white school bus has mad skills.
Old 02-03-11, 10:42 AM
lexuskim
Rookie

HI, 1st off, HOW IN GOD'S NAME can you find this F...ing hilarious and can't stop laughing, but then say yes, it should have been reported. Peoples lives were either over or destroyed for the rest of their lives. If it were you or a loved one would you still be laughing DAC BIET?

Last edited by lexuskim; 02-03-11 at 11:21 AM. Reason: I didn't include the name of the person I was responding to
Old 02-03-11, 10:50 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

What the h***? Is that intersection possessed or something? That is unbelievable!
Old 02-03-11, 11:06 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jmags
A lot of people in my other post said "Well she just made a mistake, why are you getting all worked up"

This video is why I got worked up.

I got an email from the state saying "We got your feedback, please allow us 3-4 weeks to review your complaint, we will be in touch by phone"

I will update the original post if that happens!
I think you did the right thing. I have never made the mistake of going the wrong way on a street/road. That is NOT a mistake, that is a moron. There are signs on the road and around the road that tell you exactly what to do. I'm not perfect though. The one thing I do often is drive over the speed limit. That I admit to. I can't stand it when people cross the solid lines either.
Old 02-03-11, 11:10 AM
lexuskim
Rookie

Originally Posted by Jmags
After how so many of you told me I was wrong for reporting the woman who drove on the wrong side of the road, cut me off and ran a red light - in a STATE employee vehicle MIND YOU. I feel as if I have to show you exactly what CAN happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qvXbIenivk

Now tell me why I was in the wrong for reporting her ***!
Sorry it took so long to respond but, I had to go throwup, cry, call my shrink(my best friend) then respond to the person who thought it was f...ing hilarious and couldn't stop laughing. When I'm at an intersection and the light turns green I look both ways, behind and in front expecting a: drunk driver, ambulance, police, pedestrian, bicyclist, babystroller or wheelchairs. Basically ANYTHING coming. My husband a feeder truck driver (18 wheeler) and union steward for UPS, with 35 years safe driving record taught me well. You wouldn't believe how many people in small cars want to argue with not only singles, but doubles and triple 18 wheelers. Guess who wins? In Chicago I sit back and count how many people run red lights, not yellow, usually about 2 max. In LA. I count 3-6. Is it because we have the highest incarceration rate in the country and they're trying to get to their next gig? Anyway you were more than "right" to call it in. State vehicles are suppose to be there for the public, not running into them. It was your duty to your fellow man. I wish more people had your conscience. Peace.
Old 02-03-11, 11:31 AM
lexuskim
Rookie

Default RE: running yellow lights vs/red lights

Originally Posted by dvo
no kidding, majority of the time it just turns yellow and by the time I pass the line it turns red so I have no choice...not like I do it intentionally. hence, I said I don't mind being the first one in the lane anyways
I, like you, have had no choice but to run yellow lights when you're already in the intersection and cars are on your tail. In this video it shows cars already stopped at RED lights and cars plowing through in alot of them. That to me was the MAJOR difference. You were like so many of us. THESE people weren't. Peace.
Old 02-03-11, 11:52 AM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

so many places in that video are in California... ugh.

Still working through the insurance process for a red-light runner that happened to me and my sister in July of 2009.
Old 02-03-11, 02:42 PM
votru
Lead Lap

I'm speechless and shaking after watched the video................ to you for report the offender.
Old 02-03-11, 02:52 PM
MI350_55
Pole Position

Thanks for posting this up! I shared this with my entire work group as a safety message and I will share it with my family as well.
Old 02-03-11, 04:26 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Good vid (and glad you reported her ***).
Old 02-03-11, 05:07 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

I saw this happen a while back. I was actually pretty shocked how a person can go through a red light on a busy intersection.

If I ever get into an accident because someone ran a redlight, they better hope the police get there in time before I really give the person a piece of my mind.

Last edited by JessePS; 02-03-11 at 05:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Here is what happens when people don't obey laws, lanes and signals.