Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Here is what happens when people don't obey laws, lanes and signals.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-11, 09:32 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think most drivers in the video ran the red light on purpose. If anything, they were probably on their iphones and what not.
Old 02-03-11, 09:55 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
the people who said 'not to report' are morons~ public safety is everyones responsibility.

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
I don't see what is funny or cool about this video. People's lives are changed forever, pain begins, and lives are thrown upside down. Informative and eduactional, but not entertaining at all.
People who find any entertainment value in accidents have never been in a serious one. It is life changing and people die. I was in the passenger seat when we t-boned a lady doing 60 km/hr....her fault....driver's side door....dead on the scene. I will never forget the police bringing her 2 yr old daughter into the hospital where we were, crying for her mommy. Hilarious isn't it.

I've also been t-boned by a lady who ran a stop sign and hit by an extremely drunk driver. I hope the children in this thread find that just as funny.

The idiocy in today's world is astounding.
Old 02-04-11, 08:23 AM
LexFather

I have to say I've noticed in my years of driving people more impatient and running more red lights then ever. The red light can be red for 5-10 seconds and people are going through it. Its crazy.

Very scary vid. The two firetrucks was really crazy to see. You have to be so careful.

A lot of these didn't even seem like red light running, the light clearly was red for quite sometime and people just acted like it was green. Maybe distracted?

Be safe out there!

Old 02-04-11, 08:43 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have to admit, I ran a red light about twice in my life - by an accident. I wasn't on the phone or distracted by anything else - just my mind wasn't there. Luckily nothing happened, while driving one needs to concentrate on driving, and try not to think about anything else.
Old 02-04-11, 04:58 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

OMG at 3:10 in the video!
Old 02-04-11, 06:00 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts

I think you did the right thing by reporting the car. A STATE car of all cars should not be doing that kind of stuff, and neither should anyone else.

That was a crazy video!