Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

FAST FIVE...4/29/11 (Fast and Furious 5) - also in IMAX! (spoilers, watch credits..)

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-11, 02:39 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post FAST FIVE...4/29/11 (Fast and Furious 5) - also in IMAX! (spoilers, watch credits..)

Bound to be faster and more furious than ever before, the fifth installment of the Fast and Furious franchise is set to open in a theater near you on April 29, 2011. Once again starring Paul Walker, Vin Diesel, Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson and Ludacris, but with the addition of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, this is sure to kick off the summer movie season with a bang –not to mention lots of star power to get the kiddies interested. The flick, cleverly titled Fast Five, just got its first movie poster. We see the two main stars in some unidentifiable muscle cars with very serious looks on their faces. Clearly, these men live their lives a quarter mile at a time.
Trailer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf4oDjHUmkY&sns=em

Looks good.

I know this is old news, but it doesn't appear to be posted yet.

Last edited by -J-P-L-; 02-05-11 at 02:50 PM.
Old 02-05-11, 02:53 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Can't wait to see it! ... Didn't some guys from CL go down to where they were filming and needed extras?
Old 02-05-11, 02:56 PM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

"This just went from mission impossible to mission insanity"

BEST LINE EVER
Old 02-05-11, 02:59 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i didn't expect it so soon.

I'm a sucker for F&F movies, like some of you are for Jersey Shore.

I like car wreckage.

will watch.

Originally Posted by SLegacy99
"This just went from mission impossible to mission insanity"

BEST LINE EVER
line would've sounded a little better if they replaced an adjective with an adjective.

mission impossible to mission insane.
Old 02-05-11, 03:05 PM
LexusMan77
Pole Position

Isn't the LFA suppose to make an appearance in the movie?
Old 02-05-11, 03:08 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Lexus LFA is CONFIRMED!

http://screenrant.com/fast-five-cars-mikee-98549/

McCarthy gave us a crash course on the wide range of cars that appear in Fast Five:

DM: Okay so at the beginning of this film the vehicles would be: We have a Pantera – a Classic 1971 Pantera. We have a GT40 – the original one. We have a Corvette Grand Sport – a 1965 Corvette Grand Sport. Those are the first three cars that you see in the opening sequence.

We have a vehicle built – basically we call it the “Heist Truck”. It was kind of a one-off, custom-built vehicle. Big tires. Almost a kind of monster truck style but built for a specific purpose. No flash, no cosmetics, just pure function. That was probably the most challenging sequence of the film, just because we were out in the middle of the desert at 120 degrees, in the sand and the dirt. Just keeping things running in those conditions is always tough.

We have the Charger back. We have the ’70 Charger back. Basically when you first see the guys down in South America, Vin [Diesel]’s in his Charger, as you’ve seen it out here. It’s not quiet the same. It’s not as flashy. It doesn’t have the motor. He’s trying to make it a little bit more inconspicuous so he could make it all the way down. That’s when you see Paul Walker in the ’72 Skyline. Another car you see down there is the character Han has a Ford Maverick, which seems like another odd choice but if you look at the cars of South Polo, and Rio, the car culture there, Maverick is one of the top muscle cars. It’s just one of the cars that Ford’s produced down there. So you have Maverick, which is another hot car. Unfortunately we tried to get one here. We have a car called the Chevy Impala. That’s like your Chevy muscle car and your Ford muscle car in South America…

We have a 370Z. We have a brand new Subaru, which Subaru basically donated to our cause. Those cars are once again modified by Rhys Millen. They’re all used here. There’s a sequence where they are zipping through the auto plant, kind of like an obstacle course. We have a Porsche GT3, which is basically something that we cloned. We did bring back a Toyota Supra. Some of those right hand drives are back in. Early Skyline, we have a 2010 Skyline in the film. We have a Lexus LFA, which I was very happy to get.

McCarthy’s car knowledge is unrivaled on the set of Fast Five. Even car enthusiast and star of the film, Paul Walker, has nothing on the experienced car coordinator. Even though CGI has been used to enhance the car chases of the Fast and the Furious franchise, it is important to have a wealth of car knowledge on set to create the most realistic portrayal of the characters we have grown to love.

Last edited by GiantsFan; 02-05-11 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-05-11, 05:43 PM
LexusMan77
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
Awesome.
Old 02-05-11, 06:04 PM
driftboy
Rookie

I cant wait for this movie to out! And the Rock is in the movie.. going to be good hopefully
Old 02-05-11, 10:13 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Cool

Since when is April 29th summer? That's barely a month into spring, and this movie won't have any staying power once real summer fare hits. And why on Earf are they bringing back the loser from the second one? He was the worst part of that whole movie. Tyrese Gibson should go back to being a clothes rack since he can't figure out how to say "hungry" or "bro" without mixing up the vowel pronunciations.

Whew...got that out of my system. I'll still see it. $5 will be worth it even if it's craptastic, since I love the cars they're featuring.

Big Mack
Old 02-05-11, 11:07 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ford GT ftw!
Old 02-06-11, 03:59 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

they just showed more fast5 footage on the superbowl commercial.
Old 03-09-11, 09:54 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

new trailer.

has LFA rolling shot.

the Rock makes diesel look like a wimp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkItBRy1tns
Old 03-09-11, 11:15 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I...

.I...

dammit. I wanna see this.
Old 03-10-11, 02:16 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

yeah man. whoever made these trailers did a good job.

this will def be #1 for 2 weekends straight.
Old 03-10-11, 04:32 AM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

This may be the first installment to beat the 1st film.

This should put away any talk that the franchise has run its course.

Can't wait to see it in IMAX!

Quick Reply: FAST FIVE...4/29/11 (Fast and Furious 5) - also in IMAX! (spoilers, watch credits..)