Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

lexus CT configurations...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-11, 12:58 PM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
thats just EPA mpg ... actual numbers will be close to Prius... CTh doesnt have the aero of base prius with 15" wheels.

on the other hand, in europe, where 15" wheels are available on both CTh and Prius, they have almost the same mileage.

In US, you get only 17" CTh, and mpg for Prius is for lower weight model with 15" wheels.
ohh, i def know that's just figures based on the EPA and anyone can achieve more. I know a guy getting well over 60mpg with his PriusV constantly. but i'm just going off of basics right now, as that's all we have to use.
Old 02-09-11, 01:12 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by baddis es
ohh, i def know that's just figures based on the EPA and anyone can achieve more. I know a guy getting well over 60mpg with his PriusV constantly. but i'm just going off of basics right now, as that's all we have to use.
you have to realize they are comparing 17" CTh to 15" Prius... thats why there is such difference.

as i said, in Europe:
Prius 15": 3.9l/100km
CTh 15": 3.8l/100km

So CTh has better consumption under EU cycle, when comparing same spec cars, with same wheels and same weight.
Old 02-09-11, 01:13 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

You can check different specs for CTh in Lexus EU site:
http://www.lexus.eu/range/ct/ct-200h...ical-data.aspx
Old 02-09-11, 01:41 PM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the PriusV comes with 17" wheels....just like the CTh, very comparable here
Old 02-09-11, 05:35 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by baddis es
the PriusV comes with 17" wheels....just like the CTh, very comparable here
it does... however mileage you see cited as EPA mpg for Prius, come from testing of 15" wheels.

Which is why I have nicely posted european link where you can see the difference between 15 and 17" wheels on CTh (10% worse MPG). You do not have EPA mpg numbers for 17" Prius.

And once again, apples to apples, CTh spends LESS fuel than Prius, under EU cycle.
Old 02-09-11, 06:22 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 431 Likes on 355 Posts

I wish they gave more options on cars. I'd kill for a custom LS600h with a built in PS3, Xbox, and a refrigerator in it....
Old 02-10-11, 06:38 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Kira X
I wish they gave more options on cars. I'd kill for a custom LS600h with a built in PS3, Xbox, and a refrigerator in it....
our european models seem to have many options (probably because it will sell a lot more)... but we also pay for it dearly :-).

3k USD for Leather, 3k for base NAV, crazy money for NAV/ML.
Old 02-10-11, 06:52 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

I had the pleasure of driving the CT and let me tell you.... the interior build quality is TOP notch. With all the talk on the forums of Lexus quality not being what it once was back in the 90's, I really think this car will change your perception. To say the car is not worth $34k is to be ignorant. Please, at least sit in the car first before making such claims. It's a great vehicle and the gas mileage is superb.
Old 02-10-11, 07:08 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
but that's just it, Lexus doesn't offer much 'options' they offer a tangle of packages with a couple of 'options' that require one or more expensive packages. it is highly inflexible.
I think this definitely keeps some buyers away. Not being able to buy the car you want with the options you want is unappealing to some.

It's a double edged sword for Lexus though. They can't expand the options or number of choices without raising the prices but by raising their price they take away some of their competitive advantage.

When I bought the F there were only two choices: loaded or not.
Old 02-10-11, 07:37 PM
LexFather

Well its not just Lexus fault, dealers order the safe colors and safe options and don't demand what there isn't much demand for. Otherwise they are stuck with cars they can't sell. Most people just want a nice Lexus in white/silver/black.

Contrary to popular belief, German cars are also ordered by dealers, its not like everyone goes there and orders a car. Dealers try to sell what is on the lot. Most German cars are sold that way, what is on the lot. Silver, black, beige, non sport models with CD, leather, sunroof.

It is perspective as well. Lexus bunches options and has more standard features. It might seem like they are not giving you the option. Contrarily Germans have seemingly more options and less large option packages. So yeah you have the "option" to get it but its really a bunch together.

The philosophy of Kaizen has a huge part called "elimination of waste" and it is hard for Lexus/Toyota to go against this to make that .001% happy while increasing costs.

That said I don't disagree with bit, a lot of Lexus options and features puzzle me as I shared with the recent HS purchase.

HS base has touring (sport) option. Not premium model. That model gets illuminated door sills, not premium model.
Most premium HS are base premium or HS with both tech packs for a 45k MSRP. That does not include ML or LEDs which are separate options and IM pretty inexcusable for a 45k car. So now an HID kit must be ordered.