Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Irvine Car and Coffee 2/5/11 -- the downhill...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-11, 01:22 AM
superchan7
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As cool as the white 458 is, I have an irrational soft spot for that 512TR (minus the chrome).
Old 02-15-11, 08:29 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
Sounds like someone's getting to be a little high maintenance.

Maybe you need to trade the M3 on a new Aston or Bentley so you can reinvigorate the show. j/k Henry

Cool pics.

You should remember that you're lucky to see such fantastic cars on a regular basis. For some of us, truly special cars are few and far between....especially at this time of year.
hahahhaa, i i can probably afford the bentley badge itself and nothing else

i absolutely appreciate all the nice cars, but you have to admit though, when you used to see all these super rides, that sets your expectations. and when you ended up seeing other weird rides, that set you back a bit
Old 02-24-11, 05:20 PM
SVT2888
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is from the weekend of the 12th:

Those are all cars that had to go park in the spectator lot because some guys with stock non-special edition Camaro's, Mustangs, Corvettes, BMW's, Honda's, you name them felt that they should park in the show lot just because they arrived early. I almost got into a scuffle once with some Solstice guys with stock cars that where using lawn chairs to reserve spots for their friends. They got mad when I told them that it went completely against the spirit of the event.
Cars and Coffee is supposed to be a car enthusiast gathering. Those with special or unique cars get to park in the show lot and those with not so great cars park in the spectator lot. But some of these guys think that we are being snobs and making cars and coffee an exclusive club by choosing what gets to go and what doesn't go in the lot. They think we are banning them from enjoying Cars and Coffee.

That is not the case, however, we are just wishing that they be considerate as to what is a truly show worthy car. You have to think to yourself, would you wake up in the wee hours of the morning or skip sleep all together to see this car? Would you sit down and stare at pictures of this car wanting more? If the answer is no then you should be parking in the visitors lot.

Many of these guys are just lazy and inconsiderate. I've stood at the entrance with the organizers many times and watched as guys bottom their cars out and speed in to the lot with their windows up to avoid being stopped and asked "Spectator or Show?" As a rule of thumb, if you get asked that question it is a kind way of saying "The spectator lot is where you belong"

When you view our pictures from Cars and Coffee you only view a fraction of what was there.

-Leo

*Cars and Coffee regular*
Old 02-24-11, 07:20 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Nice, thanks for the pics Yes the Vanquish and the Maranello Haven't seen those for a long time ...
Old 02-24-11, 08:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by SVT2888
This is from the weekend of the 12th:

Those are all cars that had to go park in the spectator lot because some guys with stock non-special edition Camaro's, Mustangs, Corvettes, BMW's, Honda's, you name them felt that they should park in the show lot just because they arrived early. I almost got into a scuffle once with some Solstice guys with stock cars that where using lawn chairs to reserve spots for their friends. They got mad when I told them that it went completely against the spirit of the event.
Cars and Coffee is supposed to be a car enthusiast gathering. Those with special or unique cars get to park in the show lot and those with not so great cars park in the spectator lot. But some of these guys think that we are being snobs and making cars and coffee an exclusive club by choosing what gets to go and what doesn't go in the lot. They think we are banning them from enjoying Cars and Coffee.

That is not the case, however, we are just wishing that they be considerate as to what is a truly show worthy car. You have to think to yourself, would you wake up in the wee hours of the morning or skip sleep all together to see this car? Would you sit down and stare at pictures of this car wanting more? If the answer is no then you should be parking in the visitors lot.

Many of these guys are just lazy and inconsiderate. I've stood at the entrance with the organizers many times and watched as guys bottom their cars out and speed in to the lot with their windows up to avoid being stopped and asked "Spectator or Show?" As a rule of thumb, if you get asked that question it is a kind way of saying "The spectator lot is where you belong"

When you view our pictures from Cars and Coffee you only view a fraction of what was there.

-Leo

*Cars and Coffee regular*
no kidding, you said it best

some people should really have more shame in themselves and be more self aware. i am not knocking on their cars, but i just think it's nuts if they think they are worth being in the show lot