Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Why do you like your Lexus?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-11, 05:37 PM
E6BAV8R
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted a vehicle that was luxurious, reliable and relatively cheaper maintenance considering the class of the car. Lexus was the only one that fell into that category, and I love the look of the IS. I've only had my IS for about 6 months now and I absolutely love it as I did from day 1.
Old 02-16-11, 05:42 PM
Infra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The attention to detail.

It's the ambient lights fading in/out when I pulled the parking brake on my IS250 6MT. The matched wood taken to different shops to be made into veneers, and put back into the same car. The fact that Lexus has a guy who's job is to ensure that closing the car doors makes a pleasing sound to your ears.

The attention to detail leads to quality and longevity, and therefore value.
Old 02-16-11, 05:47 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

price mostly but never had any other brands but lexus,,
Old 02-16-11, 07:09 PM
khoa2801@y
Driver School Candidate

Their designers really pay attention to interior. Soft, quiet drive, price is ok compare to Benz or Bim, and resale value is better.

I have chance to drive both 09' LS460L and 10' S500, I wish LS460L has a little bit handling of S500, and why dont LS460 L has panorama glass roof like Benz S500?
Old 02-16-11, 08:23 PM
crazybuggy
Racer

saw the is300 during its generation and fell in love... the is300 looked like a young person's car and had the name LEXUS. now that the second generation is out for the IS... im now in love with the 2nd generation IS. there are its competitors but i love how LEXUS is coming in its own compared to the top euro car brands... i almost feel as if LEXUS is the underdog compared to the top EURO brands...and feel as if its at the top when its compared to its fellow JAPANESE branded cars.
Old 02-16-11, 09:09 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Styling, luxury, name, progressive nature, and affordability.
Old 02-16-11, 09:23 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

My family had always been a Ford family. I hadn't known anything but. As fate would have it, in my Senior year of high school, the son of the general manager of a Lexus, Acura and Infiniti automall (the same one I work for now), rear ended my mustang. The GM offered to fix my car out of pocket (sans insurance I assume), and gave my parents a brand new 2008 RX350 right off the lot to use as a loaner car till my car was fixed. I got my mom's Explorer in the meantime. Well the RX was amazing to say the least, and my parent's soon couldn't resist. A few months later they ended up buying an RX350 and I got the Exploder (sister got the mustang). It's a great truck, and never had any problems with it, I was just at that age where I wanted to "buy" and "own" my own car. Anyway, I took my mom's RX to the dealer to get service and while I was waiting, I was walking the lot when I saw the ISX50's... one of the most gorgeous sedans I'd ever seen. A month or two later, I found my baby!!
Old 02-16-11, 10:47 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
My family had always been a Ford family. I hadn't known anything but. As fate would have it, in my Senior year of high school, the son of the general manager of a Lexus, Acura and Infiniti automall (the same one I work for now), rear ended my mustang. The GM offered to fix my car out of pocket (sans insurance I assume), and gave my parents a brand new 2008 RX350 right off the lot to use as a loaner car till my car was fixed. I got my mom's Explorer in the meantime. Well the RX was amazing to say the least, and my parent's soon couldn't resist. A few months later they ended up buying an RX350 and I got the Exploder (sister got the mustang). It's a great truck, and never had any problems with it, I was just at that age where I wanted to "buy" and "own" my own car. Anyway, I took my mom's RX to the dealer to get service and while I was waiting, I was walking the lot when I saw the ISX50's... one of the most gorgeous sedans I'd ever seen. A month or two later, I found my baby!!
Very cool story. It's quite interesting how life works.
Old 02-24-11, 05:36 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,237 Likes on 864 Posts

I like my SC300 because:

-It has a beautiful, classic exterior design and a simple and clean interior design
-Rear wheel drive
-5 speed manual
-One of the best inline-six engines ever built
-chassis, brakes, engine and many other bolt-on bits shared with the Supra MKIV
-Extremely durable build quality and engineering
-It drives more like a muscle car than a cushy luxury car, especially after changing the brakes, wheels/tires, suspension and clutch (though I won't call it one until I've swapped the NA engine).

And given all this, it has a big back seat, spacious trunk, huge gas tank and most people assume it's just another old Lexus coupe. It's a joy to drive fast and yet it's a very practical everyday car. Other than the gas mileage.

The badge didn't attract me primarily. The car and its potential (with some work) as a discreet muscle car did.
Old 02-25-11, 04:46 AM
lamar411
Pole Position

How comfortable it was and the quality inside.
Old 02-25-11, 04:03 PM
Akachan LS
Driver

I have over 20 years experience with Toyota products, and my experience with them has been very positive. I remember looking at Consumer Reports reliability ratings during the early and mid 90's and noticing how nearly all Toyota/Lexus models had "Much Better Than Average" reliability ratings. Most were heavily recommended by the magazine.

At the DC Auto Show in 1994 I got to see Lexus quality for the first time. I noticed the high quality materials used in the interiors, the fit and finish, the tight tolerances between body panels, the solid bank-vault like way the doors closed on a 1995 LS 400. The paint looked flawless, it did not have a hint of "orange peel." The attention to detail was striking right down to how the switches and buttons felt when using them. All of these experiences led to a striking and lasting first impession of Lexus, especially the LS 400.

The LS has long been a favorite of mine, and even though I strongly considered an IS 350, I naturally ended up choosing an ES 350. I love the fact that it is very practical, spacious and comfortable, and it is an excellent highway cruizer. I love the way it feels on the interstate. It gets very good gas mileage for its size. I also choose it for some of the basic qualities that made Toyota/Lexus so great like excellent build quality, reliability, great interior fit and finish, low and affordable maitenance.
Old 02-25-11, 06:53 PM
duncan73
Driver

Two words: Consumer Reports.

Reading year after year how reliable the Lexus brand was vs Mercedes et.al., at the first opportunity I jumped into a 2001 LS430, Black/Black and never looked back. The car is outstanding in cabin comfort and ride. And I discover new things about this car every day by reading this wonderful board. I'm certainly looking forward to my next Lexus and can't wait for that magic moment to happen again. Ain't life grand!
Old 02-25-11, 07:30 PM
txposse
Driver School Candidate

I googled the car like crazy! It was perfection all the way around. The reviews were stellar, the repairs almost non-existent and higher resale value than mercedes. Very sexy black ES 350...owner proud!!!!
Old 02-26-11, 10:48 AM
Rolexus600
Driver

When I first started making pretty decent money (also living with my parents) I bought a 1998 MB S600 that was a buyback due to inferior sealing around the doors. That turned out to be the least of the problems I would incur. Being naive, I wanted "the best" and mistakenly thought that quality was commensurate with price. I learned that wasn't the truth. I bought my 1998 Lexus LS400 3 years old and ran both cars concurrently for a while.

It didn't take long to see that for all intents and purposes, Lexus was the best choice for me. There was very little compromise. I lost some gimmicky gadgets and steering feel but there was one thing that changed my mind. This sort of gave me an indication of how it was going to age...When I adjusted the seats in the Lexus (then 3 years old) before I bought it, the power seat not only sounded quiet, but EAGER. The power seats in the Benz let you know they were doing you a favor. I think that was true of all the S600's electronics. I felt I was borrowing time between shop visits.

Michael
Old 02-26-11, 02:06 PM
harman
Driver

The need to have a nice powerful car that was reliable, not a pain to maintain and looked good too- the lexus fit that bill perfect. I mean it has a lot going for it - its smooth when you want it, fast and can also play rough- a gentlemans car.

Quick Reply: Why do you like your Lexus?