Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

my friend wrecked his nissan gtr up

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-11, 12:18 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Yes it's still a Nissan, and a very expensive one at that to maintain. You can call a few dealers and check the prices for a brake job or oil change on an R35 GT-R .
haha i saw the cost in MotorTrend once. I managed to dig up a link to it ...

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...e_1/index.html

$236.02 for the oil change and inspection

Old 02-21-11, 10:33 AM
Infra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
Yes it does.

"Liability" = Meets state minimum requirements. Usually every state mandates that your insurance covers bodily injury and property damage to anyone you hit. Usually measured in 3 numbers (like 30,000/60,000/100,000) First number means coverage per injury, second means maximum coverage for all injuries in one accident, and last means property damage (other persons car, home, etc whatever you hit). No coverage for your car in terms of damage.

"Full coverage" = Liability + comprehensive + collision. You get the liability coverage (at atleast the state mandated minimum) plus coverage for your car in the event of a collision, and in the event of fire/theft/vandalism..etc.

No state that i know of mandates you have comprehensive + collision, they only mandate that you have liability insurance and at a state-mandated level. So full coverage is actually at least the min. state mandated coverage + collision + comprehensive.
The term "full coverage" is not representative of how much one is actually paying for insurance if you don't also list your coverage limits, and is in fact a misleading name because there are collision scenarios in which what you would call "full coverage" does not actually fully cover all claims against you. Therefore, the term doesn't actually mean anything of substance other than an effervescent title given to a class of insurance policies with no tie to real world situations.
Old 02-21-11, 10:51 AM
bad co
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ehh its not that bad, i found a painted bumper assy for that color for 1200. hell need a radiator. I found one for 400 maybe a pair of intercoolers. so around 2500 for parts alone. calm down you guys its just a datsun :P
Old 02-21-11, 03:09 PM
Turbinator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Yes it's still a Nissan, and a very expensive one at that to maintain. You can call a few dealers and check the prices for a brake job or oil change on an R35 GT-R .
DIY, and save some bucks perhaps?

Turby
Old 02-21-11, 03:48 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
Yes it does.

"Liability" = Meets state minimum requirements. Usually every state mandates that your insurance covers bodily injury and property damage to anyone you hit. Usually measured in 3 numbers (like 30,000/60,000/100,000) First number means coverage per injury, second means maximum coverage for all injuries in one accident, and last means property damage (other persons car, home, etc whatever you hit). No coverage for your car in terms of damage.

"Full coverage" = Liability + comprehensive + collision. You get the liability coverage (at atleast the state mandated minimum) plus coverage for your car in the event of a collision, and in the event of fire/theft/vandalism..etc.

No state that i know of mandates you have comprehensive + collision, they only mandate that you have liability insurance and at a state-mandated level. So full coverage is actually at least the min. state mandated coverage + collision + comprehensive.
thanks for that info, reminded me what I have, but to just add to what you said, I think most insurance companies want some sort of full coverage if the car is still being paid off
Old 02-21-11, 03:53 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Im sure the guy who crashed his GTR lied to the insurance agent when he called in his claim, we are all paying for dumbasses like these on the roads, just here in GA I passed a used car dealer on a bend, some idiot had to be doing over a 100 to lose it at the end and smash 3 used cars

I hope his rates double after the car is fixed