Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2011 NY Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-11, 07:00 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Could the GS be the leader of the pack for Lexus to show the world their new vision for the rest of the line up? Forget L-Finesse, need new design language!!!!
Old 03-12-11, 08:28 AM
RyanV
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here are more pics of that sexy FT-86 II

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...auto-show.html
Old 03-12-11, 08:30 AM
RyanV
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very interesting

(Ryan, this is bitkahuna, please don't use links without explaining what's at the link, that's against our rules)

Toyota FT-86 Restyled Due To Driver Feedback

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...-feedback.html

Last edited by bitkahuna; 03-12-11 at 10:52 AM.
Old 03-12-11, 03:22 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Seems strange that they will be showing their car in the US first and not in Japan.
Old 03-12-11, 09:26 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
Seems strange that they will be showing their car in the US first and not in Japan.
i don't care either way.

if they show a prototype a year early, all the better. and that would be a first.
have they ever shown anything a year early, besides the LFA?

with the earthquake and tsunami and the rebuilding that needs to be done, i don't think japan would be a good venue to show the new cars.

I wonder why there is no mention of the ES.

maybe the autoblog 'source' heard it wrong. maybe the next ES will debut at NY. not the GS.
after all "gee es" sounds a lot like "eee es".

the ES is due this fall.
Old 03-12-11, 10:45 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
i don't care either way.

if they show a prototype a year early, all the better. and that would be a first.
have they ever shown anything a year early, besides the LFA?

with the earthquake and tsunami and the rebuilding that needs to be done, i don't think japan would be a good venue to show the new cars.

I wonder why there is no mention of the ES.

maybe the autoblog 'source' heard it wrong. maybe the next ES will debut at NY. not the GS.
after all "gee es" sounds a lot like "eee es".

the ES is due this fall.
I have to admit ... for some reason that made me laugh

The 4GS can't come soon enough ... Lexus needs it bad! ... Plus if it comes out sooner - it will space out the new models a bit better
Old 03-12-11, 11:17 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the 2012 camry is also bowing at NYAS, so i'd expect to only see the ES.

there's no other big auto show coming this year after NY, and tokyo is in december.
and they have to reveal the camry and ES sometime before Fall.
Old 03-12-11, 11:27 PM
BrickHead
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dunnojack
and they have to reveal the camry and ES sometime before Fall.
good point. camry and the ES are on a 5-year cycle. so we should expect to see redesigned models for this fall (my 2012)...
Old 03-22-11, 05:24 AM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Lightbulb LF-Gh

Info out of the “rumors” drawer folks, it is now official: Lexus will bring a new concept car to this year’s edition of the New York Auto Show, in the form of the LF-Gh.

However, even though we are dealing with an official announcement, the details are surrounded by clouds of mystery. The automotive producers calls the vehicle “the future of Lexus design”, so we can expect it to offer us a hint for the company’s future design language. But when it comes to naming an exact category for the new development, things aren’t clear at all.

There are many suppositions here and there on the web, with the most plausible 1 being that we’ll meet the preview for the next generation of the GS. This would make sense, as the current generation of the vehicle is now in its 6th year of production and should receive a replacement next year.

Lexus announced that it will unveil the LF-Gh on April 19, 1 day before the press opening of the New York Auto Show.
Old 03-22-11, 07:54 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GS69

Info out of the “rumors” drawer folks, it is now official: Lexus will bring a new concept car to this year’s edition of the New York Auto Show, in the form of the LF-Gh.

However, even though we are dealing with an official announcement, the details are surrounded by clouds of mystery. The automotive producers calls the vehicle “the future of Lexus design”, so we can expect it to offer us a hint for the company’s future design language. But when it comes to naming an exact category for the new development, things aren’t clear at all.

There are many suppositions here and there on the web, with the most plausible 1 being that we’ll meet the preview for the next generation of the GS. This would make sense, as the current generation of the vehicle is now in its 6th year of production and should receive a replacement next year.

Lexus announced that it will unveil the LF-Gh on April 19, 1 day before the press opening of the New York Auto Show.
A month away

We need wikileaks of the automotive world
Old 03-22-11, 08:38 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spwolf
but compared to what? GSh is as fast as V8, while saving fuel compared to V6 and V8.

You would buy GSh over V6 not just to save fuel - but to have significantly faster car with cool technology, and as such it has many advantages over V8.
The GS Hybrid looks like a great car no doubt

However

Personally, I'd still choose the GS 460 over the GS 450h (if offered locally) in the Philippine context. It will probably be cheaper than the hybrid too since our government has no tax incentives for hybrid cars.

Two cents
Old 03-22-11, 09:44 AM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus needs a homerun with the new GS (a hit like the 2nd Gen). They can't continue to let the E-class and 5-series beat them by such a large margin.

For me, my most anticipated new car of the year is the new Camry - as well as Yaris sedan, both likely to be shown at this show. I can't believe how long Toyota has kept these cars under wraps. Not even so much as a spy shot yet. Geez.
Old 03-22-11, 10:53 AM
GS69
Lead Lap

Post Date

Originally Posted by BrickHead
thanks for the info. When is the NY Auto Show?

Public Sneak Preview:
Friday, April 22

Auto Show Dates:
Friday, April 22 - Sunday, May 1

Charity Preview Gala:
Thursday, April 21

www.eastsidehouse.org (tickets required)

New Public Show Hours
Monday – Saturday: 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Sundays: 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.

11th Avenue between 34th & 39th Streets

Tickets:
$14 adults, $4 children under 12.
$2 off for groups of 10 or more
Tickets available at the door or online: www.autoshowNY.com.
Credit cards are also accepted at credit card kiosks.

Pre-Show Private Group Tours:
Includes a ticket to the show, early access to the floor and a tour by an automotive expert. (check website for dates, prices and availability)

Annual Public Attendance:
More than 1 million

Display Area:
846,000 square feet (includes NEW Javits Center North)

Number of Vehicles on Display:
1,000 (approximately)

Press Preview : Wednesday, April 20 & Thursday, April 21 (media credentials required)

For information on vehicle debuts and interview opportunities, please call Chris Sams or Nick Crispe at (212) 560-9494.

Auto Show Information (recorded): (800) 282-3336

www.autoshowNY.com
Old 03-22-11, 04:28 PM
GS69
Lead Lap

Lightbulb 2012 Jag XF to Debut As Well

2012 Jaguar XF FaceLift
New look XF ready to take on mainstream premium rivals in Europe with downsized diesel engine.

Jaguar’s XF is facing up to the competition with a new, smaller diesel engine. The downsized unit should markedly increase the XF’s appeal in its core European market, which will be boosted by the arrival of an estate model by the end of the year.

The new unit is part of the XF facelift, spied here at Banbury services by reader Richard Thomas. It will see the Ford/PSA-developed 2.2-litre oil burner added to range. The engine has been revised for its new application in the XF and the new Range Rover Evoque, where power has been upped to 187bhp.

To ensure that the engine is as clean as possible, it features stop-start technology and drives the rear wheels through the slick ZF 8-speed automatic gearbox which debuted in the Range Rover TDV8. The firm may also offer the lower power 148bhp unit which emits less than 130g/km.

Complimenting the new engine is revised front and rear end styling, which will bring the car’s looks into line with the new XJ.

The facelifted model is set to arrive at the New York motor show, while the diesel models and the wagon are likely to follow at its European debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show in the autumn.

Old 03-22-11, 04:55 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,393 Likes on 1,568 Posts

hope the gs takes cues from the lf-a

Quick Reply: 2011 NY Auto Show