Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Peeved Lamborghini owner destroys car with sledgehammer, others help

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-11, 11:29 AM
Turbinator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Shoulda used Tannerite.

Turby
Old 03-16-11, 11:51 AM
lamar411
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dang, wonder if he'll buy another.
Old 03-16-11, 01:23 PM
grabber2
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Great job!!!! need to let those punk axx dealer understand that there consumer are their real boss & the one who pays them. If I pay for a Lambo, I expect VIP customer service. Its not a little private repair shop.....This dealer FAIL big time!!!!

Did this do this infront of the Lambo dealer??? I would have done it & leave it there.........don't mind to pay the $1000 litering fine!!
Old 03-16-11, 02:09 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I think it was quite a statement . I am sure Lamborghini is not happy about it
Old 03-16-11, 04:59 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Doubt he would get this treatment buying the LFA. Just sayin...
Old 03-16-11, 07:23 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by G Star
Doubt he would get this treatment buying the LFA. Just sayin...
I think your right on that one
Old 03-16-11, 08:21 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

I hope its not contagious, I really dont want to see people do this to their Veyrons and LFA's
Old 03-16-11, 08:28 PM
scoobymike
Driver School Candidate

Yea, I'm sure he got his point across here...
Old 03-16-11, 10:15 PM
TommyJames
Lead Lap

This story is a bit suspect. First, the car is an older Gallardo, definitely not a 2010. If this is in fact the actual car that was causing the owner problems, then who knows about its original history. There are lots of beat up Gallardos bought at auction (repo'd) that end up in places like China. Those cars are already beat to hell and usually have been badly neglected. Often they are cars that were once crashed, fixed, then sold to exotic rental agencies, beat to hell again, then sold at auction one more time. Without knowing the history of this particular car, who can know for sure. As for not being able to reach Winkelmann, that's nothing new.

Yes, the dealer should have gone out of their way to help the owner, because it is a new market, but nowhere do you see the dealer's side of the story and there may be one. For all anyone knows, the car may have been beat up badly and yet the buyer had unrealistic expectations about support. Then again, he could have been justified. Given that the facts are wrong about the car in the video, I'm suspecting other facts may also be wrong.

Keep in mind that China is a new market and consequently when people spend a lot of money, even on a used car, they somehow think they will get special treatment. That NEVER happens. It's just a damn car that doesn't entitle anyone to anything special just because they paid more for the car. Lamborghinis are always going to require more care and feeding than a typical daily driver and to somehow expect *** kissing is simply unrealistic and just not cool. In fact, because of the spikes in the service department due to low volumes, you may actually have to wait a while even for something as routine as an oil change. If that upsets you, pass on ever buying a rare exotic. All of my cars get the same level of service and no one car gets better treatment than the other.
Old 03-17-11, 01:08 PM
grabber2
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyJames
This story is a bit suspect. First, the car is an older Gallardo, definitely not a 2010. If this is in fact the actual car that was causing the owner problems, then who knows about its original history. There are lots of beat up Gallardos bought at auction (repo'd) that end up in places like China. Those cars are already beat to hell and usually have been badly neglected. Often they are cars that were once crashed, fixed, then sold to exotic rental agencies, beat to hell again, then sold at auction one more time. Without knowing the history of this particular car, who can know for sure. As for not being able to reach Winkelmann, that's nothing new.

Yes, the dealer should have gone out of their way to help the owner, because it is a new market, but nowhere do you see the dealer's side of the story and there may be one. For all anyone knows, the car may have been beat up badly and yet the buyer had unrealistic expectations about support. Then again, he could have been justified. Given that the facts are wrong about the car in the video, I'm suspecting other facts may also be wrong.

Keep in mind that China is a new market and consequently when people spend a lot of money, even on a used car, they somehow think they will get special treatment. That NEVER happens. It's just a damn car that doesn't entitle anyone to anything special just because they paid more for the car. Lamborghinis are always going to require more care and feeding than a typical daily driver and to somehow expect *** kissing is simply unrealistic and just not cool. In fact, because of the spikes in the service department due to low volumes, you may actually have to wait a while even for something as routine as an oil change. If that upsets you, pass on ever buying a rare exotic. All of my cars get the same level of service and no one car gets better treatment than the other.
The news mentioned that this Lambo was serviced 4 times by the dealer in 3 months for the same problem. The owner didn't get any warranty & paid out of pocket everytime!! The car failed to start & dealer failed to warranty their own service. The dealer even refused to further service this Lambo. If a dealer can't fixed their car, they shouldn't even making them!!! This dealer clearly didn't handling the problem in the right direction. After the owener annouced to destroyed it, the dealer said they are willing to fixed all the problem for free. Too bad the owner kept his original decision!! It looks more like a service manager issue with the owner!!

I love Lambo but I do expect better service if I spend half-million on a car! Customer service is very important!! My co-worker just bought a CT200H but in a dealer B where she test drive the car in dealer A. The dealer A sale's attitude was un acceptable when my friend ask for a better price. "Some thing sound/mean like "you shouldn't buy a lexus if you can;t afford MRSP". Well, she surely can afford & was just looking for a possible discount. Don't everyone want a good deal????

Last edited by grabber2; 03-17-11 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-17-11, 01:15 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

its like taking your 5 year old Lexus to the dealer because the car won't start... They replace the battery the first time around, the alternator the second time around, and the computer the third time around...

Except that after the third time and many months, the car still won't start correctly...

this guy just has enough cash to junk it, and make it a publicity deal... I like him!
Old 03-17-11, 01:25 PM
TommyJames
Lead Lap

Yea, I tend to believe the owner's frustration is real. I've had a few run-ins with the factory too and I've had to make my case when I didn't think I should have to at all. Still, there is another side and who knows what it is at this point. It was on Fox News this morning so it's now made mainstream media.

We all expect decent service, regardless of the price we pay for a car. I just don't expect something far better just because I paid more for something, I just want it to be done properly regardless of price.
Old 03-17-11, 02:04 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I saw it on the news
Old 03-30-11, 07:39 AM
votru
Lead Lap

Lambo and Range Rover is no buenos

Angry Chinese driver tows Range Rover back to dealer with donkeys

A man in Shenyang, China was reportedly so frustrated with his 2010 Land Rover Range Rover breaking down that he towed it back to the dealer and asked for a full refund. To add a little insult to his heady request, the spurned owner towed the stricken SUV with a pair of donkeys.

Apparently the guy paid ¥2 million (about $304,000) for the English SUV in 2010. Since the purchase, the car reportedly broke down six times and eventually needed a new engine. When it died a seventh time, the owner was apparently at wit's end. The stunt managed to hammer the point home in a much less destructive manner than a certain Lamborghini owner recently chose. According to Asian auto news outlet TheTycho, the doubtlessly dumbfounded dealer refused to give the customer a refund.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/29/r...to-dealer-wit/
Old 03-30-11, 08:10 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the real world lol, now they will know that having money and buying cars like LR and Jag doesnt make you immune to the same reliability issues plaguing everyone else in the world lol