Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus (and Toyota) Models get Mid-Year Price Increases

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-11, 09:59 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Lexus (and Toyota) Models get Mid-Year Price Increases

2011 Lexus Price Adjustments
The Lexus price adjustments range from $600 for the GX 460 luxury utility vehicle to $900 for the IS F high-performance sedan, LS flagship luxury sedans, GS 450h hybrid luxury sport sedan and LX 570 premium luxury utility vehicle. The model-by-model adjustment reflects individual percentage increases ranging from 0.8 to 2.1 percent.
The new prices will become effective for vehicles with scheduled May arrivals for all Lexus vehicles except North American-built RX units which will have its pricing change effective with May production. A complete list of model-by-model price adjustments is below.
Lexus MSRPs do not include a delivery, processing and handling fee of $875.
Lexus (and Toyota) Models get Mid-Year Price Increases-lexus-prices.jpg

Full PDF Chart with all the Price increases attached

2011midyearfulllineGIrelease.pdf
Old 04-02-11, 12:53 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Strong yen ftl
Old 04-02-11, 01:06 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts

These cars are way more expensive than they used to be.

I guess the same could be said for all cars though.
Old 04-02-11, 07:34 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ISF started at $56,XXX when it was introduced in '08, I think. Now it's up to $60K base. I know it's still less than an M3 ($55,900) or C63 ($58,200) when comparably equipped, but the base price is higher than either now.

When introduced, I think the LS 600hL started at $108,000 and it's now up to $112K base.

I could keep going down the line, but Lexus' prices have risen considerably in the last few years...not good.

Last edited by MPLexus301; 04-02-11 at 07:39 AM.
Old 04-02-11, 10:19 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Simple economics. The bill for all the money Toyota has paid out in the last couple of years for jury awards, legal settlements, Congressional investigations, TV-air-time, recalls, TSBs, part-redesigns, and other defect/publicity-related expenses is coming due.....and, with no government dollars flowing for Toyota like they did for GM and Chrysler, customers are going to pay it. Big jury-awards and political-pressure may look nice in the PR headlines, but society ends up paying for them one way or another....there's no free lunch.

(That, BTW, is one reason why I'm a firm believer in tort-reform and limits on jury-awards)
Old 04-02-11, 10:48 AM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if the dollar becomes stronger later on, does the price decrease from 21k to 20.5? or is this how inflation work?

Last edited by TLe2006; 04-02-11 at 11:05 AM.
Old 04-02-11, 12:04 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not out of line considering currency fluctuations and inflation rates. In reality not that big of deal for the more seasoned buyers that are accustomed to getting substantial discounts regardless.
Old 04-02-11, 02:38 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
ISF started at $56,XXX when it was introduced in '08, I think. Now it's up to $60K base. I know it's still less than an M3 ($55,900) or C63 ($58,200) when comparably equipped, but the base price is higher than either now.

When introduced, I think the LS 600hL started at $108,000 and it's now up to $112K base.

I could keep going down the line, but Lexus' prices have risen considerably in the last few years...not good.
...I think though I might be wrong that the LS600HL was closer to 104K in 08
Old 04-02-11, 05:25 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Not out of line considering currency fluctuations and inflation rates. In reality not that big of deal for the more seasoned buyers that are accustomed to getting substantial discounts regardless.

I agree that the dollar-yen fluctuation is part of it (I probably should have mentioned that in my last post), but the bill for all of Toyota's big expenses the last couple of years is also due (at least the part that liability-insurance did not cover). Another factor, though, is the cost of repairing or replacing any Toyota-owned facilities at or near the earthquake/tsunami. Though Toyota's insurance will probably cover much of that, there's no way of telling (yet) how much the company is going to be stuck out of its on pocket.

Your point about seasoned buyers getting discounts is well-taken. And, with interest rates at record-lows, it probably won't affect monthly payments very much for those who don't pay cash.

Even though some price increases may, under the circumstances, be unavoidable, Toyota, IMO, is going to look pretty foolish if they put through these increases and then just have to turn around and offer incentives again if sales drop. That's what GM and Ford did for decades. But last month's job-growth figures, if not spectacular, were at least significant...the economy may be coming out of the recession, unemployment has dropped from 10% to 8.9%, and some new-car buyers may be ready to shop again, price-increases or not.

Last edited by mmarshall; 04-02-11 at 05:35 PM.
Old 04-02-11, 08:49 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

well that didn't take long, did it....
Old 04-03-11, 08:46 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,394 Likes on 1,568 Posts

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
Strong yen ftl
maybe buit why the RX too, which is made in north america?

Originally Posted by TLe2006
if the dollar becomes stronger later on, does the price decrease from 21k to 20.5? or is this how inflation work?
hell no, and (lol) no.
Old 04-04-11, 05:31 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dont be naive people this has less to do with JPY and more with making money. They introduce a new model with lower than competition msrp and they raise it every year percent by percent. So now you have IS-F with 60K msrp which is rounded 4K increase in 3 years.

To remind you JPY in 2009 opened up the year at 90-85 range same as today only to jump to 100 in second quarter and go back to 90 for the rest of the year. Big hit was in October 2010 where Yen went up and hit 80, today is 85 and its going down. Yen always fluxuates by 5 and its median is 90 never a 100 (or at least it hasnt been for half a decade now).

You could say that all models put on market between 06-07 could have benefited from weak Yen (119 at some point) but since 08 Yen has been going up and today is 85 but going down, it will return to its sweetspot of 90 very soon.

Are they gonna take off $800 off IS-F next year if yen doesnt take a nother boom like it did in Oct.'10? Of course not because it has nothing to do with it.
Old 04-04-11, 06:50 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

LFA didn't go up!
Old 04-04-11, 07:41 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Simple economics. The bill for all the money Toyota has paid out in the last couple of years for jury awards, legal settlements, Congressional investigations, TV-air-time, recalls, TSBs, part-redesigns, and other defect/publicity-related expenses is coming due.....and, with no government dollars flowing for Toyota like they did for GM and Chrysler, customers are going to pay it. Big jury-awards and political-pressure may look nice in the PR headlines, but society ends up paying for them one way or another....there's no free lunch.

(That, BTW, is one reason why I'm a firm believer in tort-reform and limits on jury-awards)
huh? it is inflation and yen, every brand does it not just toyota.
Old 04-04-11, 03:51 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
LFA didn't go up!
A moot point. The whole LFA production is sold-out anyway.

Quick Reply: Lexus (and Toyota) Models get Mid-Year Price Increases