Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

KindOfRude.com applies hotel door technology to parking lot etiquette

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-11, 03:29 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by bruce van
Yup, threatening to damage someone's property ain't cool. Especially if it's their car. Firing the guy was a little extreme, but if he has such bad judgement he's probably not a good person to have working for you.

People who take up 2 spaces doesn't really bother me as much as the guy who has a big car and squeezes in a tight spot.
I totally agree, but I also live in AZ where the parking lots are HUGE!!!! I dont think this offensive parking bothers people as much when there are a million parking spaces
Old 04-06-11, 03:40 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

problem with some of these joke things is that people overreact. Never know when a nut decides to take out his anger on you.
Old 04-06-11, 05:05 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mikez
I am so glad when I parked I decided that it was safer to park closer to the line with my driver side since the other car was decently far away. When i come out I see this woman owned GS parked like this:

that woman just doesn't know how to drive.

it doesn't look intentional.

I like the idea of door hangers. or if you have tape, just stick the note on the window.

if only there were more video cameras in parking lots, I'd park under one too.

where I live, some parking spaces are drawn so small that everyone parks over the lines. We all know it's acceptable and try to keep our distance from one another.
Old 04-06-11, 06:27 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I have noticed that the parking spots in AZ are easily 12" wider than the ones I used to see in Boston when I lived there. More space and larger lots equals more room to park
Old 04-06-11, 07:05 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I see your point buddy and I would agree that I would not have done anything if it was one of these fliers. I probably would have laughed it off. When I saw that the guy threatened me in the note I knew I had to do something. I know he had no idea that I leased the added space but thats none of his business. A funny note is one thing and drives the point home to the offensive parker , BUT when a threat is made I take it extremely seriously ( I am a little in love with my car....thats why I pay for the added space ). My concern was that even though I have the right to park in the 2 spaces he doesnt know that and probably would have damaged the car when I had every right to park there
Agreed on all points. I kind of figured you'd say that, but didn't want to put words in your mouth. Thanks for the update and honesty, though.

btw: I didnt fire him. The store manager heard what happened and fired him. I told the manager an apology would have been good enough but said that the guy was hired only a week before and was still on his probation period.
The manager was right. There is no excuse for that kind of behavior, especially since he didn't bother to even ask or check.

I totally agree, but I also live in AZ where the parking lots are HUGE!!!! I dont think this offensive parking bothers people as much when there are a million parking spaces
Hmmm...I live here, too () and I hate it no matter what the parking lot size. I think some of the worst offenders are Corvette owners from what I have seen. I saw one parked across 4 spots (he pulled a "4 corners" job). It was hilarious - another guy saw it and went and parked his truck thisclose to the car so the guy couldn't get his doors open. Never hit it, never touched it, just figured he'd let him know in his own way. I had to laugh. I know a coupe has longer doors, but really? 4 spaces? That's getting ridonkulous.

I have noticed that the parking spots in AZ are easily 12" wider than the ones I used to see in Boston when I lived there. More space and larger lots equals more room to park
Yeah, I think most of them are designed for snowbirds, honestly. Some lots are still small, but the angled ones are definitely bigger.

Big Mack
Old 04-07-11, 11:14 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 112 Posts

I8ABMR,

First, the dude should NOT leave the note like that. Threatening is intelorance. However, you handled the situation poorly. You may face the consequences that you can't imagine. let me ask you this: If the guy, who was fired, got too pissed off and want to revenge you. Is what you've done worth it?

You should have asked the security to see the film, called up that guy, told him that you OWN the spaces so you can do what the h*ll you want with it. Demanded an apology. This guy will THANK you and will RESPECT you.
Old 04-07-11, 11:19 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
I8ABMR,

First, the dude should NOT leave the note like that. Threatening is intelorance. However, you handled the situation poorly. You may face the consequences that you can't imagine. let me ask you this: If the guy, who was fired, got too pissed off and want to revenge you. Is what you've done worth it?

You should have asked the security to see the film, called up that guy, told him that you OWN the spaces so you can do what the h*ll you want with it. Demanded an apology. This guy will THANK you and will RESPECT you.
I filed the report for my safety. I didnt fire the guy. The store manager did. In fact I told the manager all I needed was an apology but he said that the guy was still on probation because he just started recently and he didnt want a problem in the store. The guy brought it on himself. As far as revenge , I park under 2 cameras, and this happened over 2 months ago so I think he has had time to think about the stupidity
Old 04-07-11, 11:35 AM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I8ABMR, u smart as mother parking under cameras,,i got a note on my car one time sayin "nice car assxxx" for no reason,,,people needs mind their own business,,,only thing i worry is that if the dude see ur car somewhere else and might go crazy,,,