Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

KindOfRude.com applies hotel door technology to parking lot etiquette

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-11, 10:10 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts
Default KindOfRude.com applies hotel door technology to parking lot etiquette

KindOfRude.com applies hotel door technology to parking lot etiquette

If you have a pulse and breathe air like the rest of us, chances are you really hate bad parking jobs. You probably seethe with rage every time you enter a Wal Mart or Costco parking lot and the only available space has half of some jerk's BMW sitting in it. Now you don't have to just sit back and take it.

Thanks to KindOfRude.com, you can leave a curt, angry and patronizing instruction manual for proper parking right on the offending car's door handle. At $9 for a pack of eight of the Do Not Disturb-style flyers, your rage won't come cheap, but it saves you the trouble of having to be creative when you're in a rush. Check out KindOfRude.com for more ordering information on these awesomely passive-aggressive handouts.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/04/04/k...king-lot-etiq/
Old 04-05-11, 12:43 AM
crazybuggy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

loooool i want this
Old 04-05-11, 06:31 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Youparklikeanxxxhole.com is still the best and you can download theirs for free. I still have a stack

Link
Old 04-05-11, 01:22 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

be careful guys. I had a moron put a threatening note on my car because I was parked over 2 spaces like I have at work for the last 8 years. I had security pull the tapes ( I park under 2 large security cameras and I park about 75 yards away from the entrance), I filed a report with the cops so the security could show them the tape, and it turned out it was an associate where I work. He was fired that very day. I say be careful what you put on peoples private property because some might not think its so funny. Especially when its the person paid for spaces for his office. Just let it go because some people like me will not.

Not trying to be mean. I am just trying to show people that there is 2 sides to every situation and we should stay out of people business.....even if its a crowded parking lot. What if the guy returned to his car as you were putting the note on the car and then he got violent ? Mind your business and dont be cherubs of parking justice people. Its your safest bet
Attached Thumbnails KindOfRude.com applies hotel door technology to parking lot etiquette-197500_191675694201186_100000762696587_414648_1534491_n.jpg  

Last edited by I8ABMR; 04-05-11 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-05-11, 01:24 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I love it ...... too good
Attached Thumbnails KindOfRude.com applies hotel door technology to parking lot etiquette-kind-of-rude-flyer.jpg  
Old 04-05-11, 01:28 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
be careful guys. I had a moron put a threatening note on my car because I was parked over 2 spaces like I have at work for the last 8 years. I had security pull the tapes ( I park under 2 large security cameras and I park about 75 yards away from the entrance), I filed a report with the cops so the security could show them the tape, and it turned out it was an associate where I work. He was fired that very day and is now collecting unemployment. I say be careful what you put on peoples private property because some might not think its so funny. Especially when its the person paid for spaces for his office. Just let it go because some people like me will not. It put a smile on face to know that I got him......and I got him good. +1 Lexual1.....0 for the store idiot who doesnt know how to mind his own damn business.

Not trying to be mean. I am just trying to show people that there is 2 sides to every situation and we should stay out of people business.....even if its a crowded parking lot. What if the guy returned to his car as you were putting the note on the car and then he got violent ? Mind your business and dont be cherubs of parking justice people. Its your safest bet

This is the one aspect of american life I do not like.
Rather than understanding and making someone understand the viewpoint, you just call the security/officials in to the picture.

When I was renting, I had cops show up one day at my apartment.
I was scared...wtf did I do. Turns out the neighbor did not like the smell of my food. Who calls cops for that?
Old 04-05-11, 01:35 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by chikoo

This is the one aspect of american life I do not like.
Rather than understanding and making someone understand the viewpoint, you just call the security/officials in to the picture.

When I was renting, I had cops show up one day at my apartment.
I was scared...wtf did I do. Turns out the neighbor did not like the smell of my food. Who calls cops for that?
I looked at it as disrespect and a personal attack. The associate was new so didnt know I leased added spaces but that still did not give him an excuse to leave a threatening note on my car. He did that to try to irritate me so I did the same thing back. Your example is a little skewed as well . There is a difference calling the cops because of the way someones food smells VS calling the cops because someone made a written threat to damage your property while parking in your leased space. I had to call the cops because if I didn't he may have come along and damaged the car even while I was parked how I was supposed to be parked.

I had a feeling it was an associate because other people in the store kept telling me I didnt need to go so far as to file the report. The guy did it thinking "he would teach me" and would get away with it. My response to those telling me not to file the report was " NOPE!! I am gona teach this dude a lesson" He is lucky I didnt take it any further. The cop said I could have filed charges as well since it was written threat but I chose not to . The management fired him on principle not me. I still feel he deserved it and I am pretty sure he was trying to show off to the rest of the staff.

Last edited by I8ABMR; 04-05-11 at 01:43 PM.
Old 04-05-11, 02:28 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am so glad when I parked I decided that it was safer to park closer to the line with my driver side since the other car was decently far away. When i come out I see this woman owned GS parked like this:

Old 04-05-11, 05:18 PM
Ap1_Alan
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I looked at it as disrespect and a personal attack. The associate was new so didnt know I leased added spaces but that still did not give him an excuse to leave a threatening note on my car. He did that to try to irritate me so I did the same thing back. Your example is a little skewed as well . There is a difference calling the cops because of the way someones food smells VS calling the cops because someone made a written threat to damage your property while parking in your leased space. I had to call the cops because if I didn't he may have come along and damaged the car even while I was parked how I was supposed to be parked.

I had a feeling it was an associate because other people in the store kept telling me I didnt need to go so far as to file the report. The guy did it thinking "he would teach me" and would get away with it. My response to those telling me not to file the report was " NOPE!! I am gona teach this dude a lesson" He is lucky I didnt take it any further. The cop said I could have filed charges as well since it was written threat but I chose not to . The management fired him on principle not me. I still feel he deserved it and I am pretty sure he was trying to show off to the rest of the staff.

I can see why you called security. However, leaving a "learn to park correctly" flier vs. a threat to key your car aren't really comparable.
Old 04-05-11, 05:21 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

I8abmr, sorry I did not see that note earlier. My apologies. You definitely did the right thing.
Old 04-05-11, 05:25 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it, but in reality I would not use it (just being honest).
Old 04-05-11, 05:39 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, threatening to damage someone's property ain't cool. Especially if it's their car. Firing the guy was a little extreme, but if he has such bad judgement he's probably not a good person to have working for you.

People who take up 2 spaces doesn't really bother me as much as the guy who has a big car and squeezes in a tight spot.
Old 04-05-11, 05:40 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Thumbs down

I was parked over 2 spaces like I have at work for the last 8 years.
I look at it as disrespectful.
I narrowed it down to how I and most people see it when people park in two spaces. True enough, you have the right to do so if you pay for the extra spaces, and he shouldn't have left a note with a threat, but what of the jackasses that do it just because their car is so precious it can't bear to have anyone breathe on it, much less park near it for the fear of their exhaust fumes mitigating the air surrounding it and possibly causing a speck of dust to become affixed to the paint for more than a nanosecond?

If his note had been the one being discussed, how would you have approached it? After all, it's simply instructions on how not to park like a dipstick (I am not speaking of you since you do pay for the spots and can park pretty much any damn way you want to IMO, just dipsticks in general). You say you wouldn't let it go, but that seems like you are telling people here that they should never speak up when someone does this. It is completely impolite to every other driver who parks correctly, but don't speak up because some people will not react nicely? That's ludicrous. I mean, it stands to reason (and again, not speaking of you directly) that the person who is rude enough to do this in public without making arrangements would not react well since he or she clearly has no manners, but it doesn't make it right for them to do whatever they damn well please, either.

I would never leave a threatening note, but I have asked people to learn how to park. I always hate seeing anyone parking in more than one space, even at the end, and it doesn't matter how far the car is from the entrance. I know I've told this before, but I fired someone for parking like that, even at the end of the lot. Why? Because if they are willing to do that, chances are they feel like they are above other things, too, and that is simply something I cannot/will not tolerate in another person. Different story if they pay extra, but Joe Schmo needs to learn how to park or GTFO. I know several places in town that have taken to removing cars for doing this - customers aren't always right, and that's a great thing.

Big Mack
Old 04-05-11, 05:43 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Question

Originally Posted by Ap1_Alan
I can see why you called security. However, leaving a "learn to park correctly" flier vs. a threat to key your car aren't really comparable.
Agreed. I'm curious how he would handle this exact situation (flier vs. note), so we'll see if he responds. He usually comes across as a polite person, and clearly he is prepared if he paid ahead to get the spaces so he could have his car like that.

Big Mack
Old 04-06-11, 03:27 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Big Mack
I narrowed it down to how I and most people see it when people park in two spaces. True enough, you have the right to do so if you pay for the extra spaces, and he shouldn't have left a note with a threat, but what of the jackasses that do it just because their car is so precious it can't bear to have anyone breathe on it, much less park near it for the fear of their exhaust fumes mitigating the air surrounding it and possibly causing a speck of dust to become affixed to the paint for more than a nanosecond?

If his note had been the one being discussed, how would you have approached it? After all, it's simply instructions on how not to park like a dipstick (I am not speaking of you since you do pay for the spots and can park pretty much any damn way you want to IMO, just dipsticks in general). You say you wouldn't let it go, but that seems like you are telling people here that they should never speak up when someone does this. It is completely impolite to every other driver who parks correctly, but don't speak up because some people will not react nicely? That's ludicrous. I mean, it stands to reason (and again, not speaking of you directly) that the person who is rude enough to do this in public without making arrangements would not react well since he or she clearly has no manners, but it doesn't make it right for them to do whatever they damn well please, either.

I would never leave a threatening note, but I have asked people to learn how to park. I always hate seeing anyone parking in more than one space, even at the end, and it doesn't matter how far the car is from the entrance. I know I've told this before, but I fired someone for parking like that, even at the end of the lot. Why? Because if they are willing to do that, chances are they feel like they are above other things, too, and that is simply something I cannot/will not tolerate in another person. Different story if they pay extra, but Joe Schmo needs to learn how to park or GTFO. I know several places in town that have taken to removing cars for doing this - customers aren't always right, and that's a great thing.

Big Mack

I see your point buddy and I would agree that I would not have done anything if it was one of these fliers. I probably would have laughed it off. When I saw that the guy threatened me in the note I knew I had to do something. I know he had no idea that I leased the added space but thats none of his business. A funny note is one thing and drives the point home to the offensive parker , BUT when a threat is made I take it extremely seriously ( I am a little in love with my car....thats why I pay for the added space ). My concern was that even though I have the right to park in the 2 spaces he doesnt know that and probably would have damaged the car when I had every right to park there

btw: I didnt fire him. The store manager heard what happened and fired him. I told the manager an apology would have been good enough but said that the guy was hired only a week before and was still on his probation period.

Last edited by I8ABMR; 04-06-11 at 03:33 PM.

Quick Reply: KindOfRude.com applies hotel door technology to parking lot etiquette