Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LF-Gh Concept (updated, pics posted)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-11, 11:44 AM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess that answers my question about the shifter and remote touch, just seems like a weird way to have all that stuff bundled all together with one another.

notice no wood on the steering wheel and shifter lever too, going with more of a sport look & feel on the inside ?

i know there is a single headlamp, but you think Quad headlamps may be still put into production? the last GS concept before the 3GS came out had it as one unit and the production model came out as Quad seperate high and low beams. I personally hope they do not forgo that, should be a GS trademark of Quad headlamps. its unique.

Last edited by AJL0365; 04-20-11 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04-20-11, 11:50 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Someone please bring a polarizer lens for these interior shots.

I think the interior looks good.
Old 04-20-11, 11:56 AM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by AJL0365
I guess that answers my question about the shifter and remote touch, just seems like a weird way to have all that stuff bundled all together with one another.

notice no wood on the steering wheel and shifter lever too, going with more of a sport look & feel on the inside ?

i know there is a single headlamp, but you think Quad headlamps may be still put into production? the last GS concept before the 3GS came out had it as one unit and the production model came out as Quad seperate high and low beams. I personally hope they do not forgo that, should be a GS trademark of Quad headlamps. its unique.
technically, Lexus just took the idea from the E class, and now that the E class has the squarish quad headlights, I think its time for Lexus to move on
Old 04-20-11, 11:58 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,393 Likes on 1,568 Posts

besides the front which darth vader would be proud of, the rest is really only a mild evolution of the current GS. it does seem promising though.

and maybe something's lost in translation or i dunno, but the verbiage (from lexus i presume) is a monumental crock of cack.

Lexus LF-Gh Hybrid Concept Explores Design Features That Will Migrate to Future Lexus Vehicles
ok fair enough - besides the front, what exactly?

The concept, which sets out to redefine the premium grand touring sedan, ...
redefine? how?

"The captivating design of the LF-Gh concept examines the possibility of balancing what are normally opposing qualities, such as style and functionality."
that's hardly something new. all volume car makers do this.

Working with a clean sheet of paper, ... design approaches might work to convey an extraordinary combination of attributes. They came up with a design that unites hard and soft; and energetic and soothing elements.

Through this exercise, the definition of L-Finesse, the marque's design philosophy since 2001, has been refined and evolved to include a bolder, more distinct projection of what a premium car could become in a modern world.
so a clean sheet of paper evolving an approach used since 2001.

The LF-Gh was designed to be a high-performance concept capable of providing a moving driving experience, and comfortably transporting multiple occupants at higher speeds on long-distance drives.
like an A/5/E/GS/LS/etc/etc.?

It combines a strong sense of presence and emotional appeal with functional attributes, supplying enhanced creature comforts plus the practical ability to transport personal supplies and luggage necessary for extended travel.
cliff notes: it has a bigger trunk.

Dramatic and Bold, Yet Light and Agile
fair enough.

The LF-Gh is based on an architecture that enables a spirited, energetic and elegant car with an uncommonly assertive presence.

... design elements contributing to the assertive effect ... spindle-shaped grille ... the resolute face of Lexus ... a powerful design element that contributes to the commanding presence of the LF-Gh ... integrates distinctive style with engineering functionality without sacrifice in either discipline, and will be inherited by future Lexus models.
... tapered torso and long cabin, with width-enhancing front and rear wheel arches. ... short front overhang, ... cross cut ... middle ... rocker panel leaving ... rear overhang looking light and agile.
... Dynamic front fenders work to create a sense of movement, pushing down toward the ground to convey a low, crouching center of gravity. The raised hood implies ready and powerful performance potential. The rear deck has a robust, raised center deck lid that lets the air smoothly glide backward to flow gracefully into the rear fenders. Deeply sculptured dynamic twin spokes stemming from the center of the 20-inch wheels enhance an instinctive sense of driving appeal.
... Judicious use of slim chrome trim elements in the bumper exhaust and integrated diffuser adds a subtle premium touch. ...
... An all-new analog clock with a three-dimensional face, a contemporary and exclusive timepiece suitable to a premium luxury brand, is a focal point of the interior and represents a shift in Lexus' design philosophy. ...
analog clock, really?

i'm sure the actual product is great! but these writers... ugh.
Old 04-20-11, 12:05 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by AJL0365

notice no wood on the steering wheel and shifter lever too, going with more of a sport look & feel on the inside ?unique.
wood steering wheel always an option only for the GS , not standard outside USA

I don't like anything I have seen so far regarding the exterior design of this concept ......
Old 04-20-11, 12:06 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

^^ for years, ppl have been complaining about the digital clock...im sure Lexus is very excited about the change
Old 04-20-11, 12:51 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
wood steering wheel always an option only for the GS , not standard outside USA

I don't like anything I have seen so far regarding the exterior design of this concept ......
Yeah I know that, its just that pretty much every GS i been in has wood steering wheel and shift ****. Used to work at a Lexus dealer and not too many GS has just leather besides the 2GS.
Old 04-20-11, 01:41 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I always thought it was weird that BMW and Mercedes seem to do leather wheels. I guess you get more grip o the wheel and they dont scratch. who knows
Old 04-20-11, 02:00 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

bitkahuna started arguing with PR's

:-)
Old 04-20-11, 02:24 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RXSF
^^ for years, ppl have been complaining about the digital clock...im sure Lexus is very excited about the change
I much prefer digital clocks myself. They're just much easier to read at a quick glance than analog ones. BMW doesn't get bashed for using digital clocks either. The only reason people complain about Lexus's digital clocks is because they are exactly the same units as those found on Toyotas. If Lexus would only make their digital clocks more stylish or integral to other displays, it would've been better than switching to analog clocks in my book.

Last edited by ydooby; 04-20-11 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-20-11, 02:27 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

ah, that big **** in interior - hybrid mode selector :-)
Old 04-20-11, 02:42 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To me it seems like a lot of good can come from this concept car and get put into production.
Old 04-20-11, 03:01 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna

analog clock, really?

hahahaha.

i don't think the writers saw the car before they laid their words down
Old 04-20-11, 04:15 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Interior looks to be production ready, no part of it screams concept. I am a abit underwhelmed but need to see and feel the interior environment to really judge. I know Lexus will do us right with this car. I take it we'll be expecting the new GS spring/summer 2012 as a 2013?
Old 04-20-11, 05:18 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bitkahuna

analog clock, really?

Funny you mention this. My wife hates them and wonders why they put them in.

Lots of companies still use them from Caddy to RangeRover to Aston Martin. Non-issue for myself.

Quick Reply: Lexus LF-Gh Concept (updated, pics posted)