Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Toyota Sells One-Millionth Prius in the U.S.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-11, 02:30 PM
bad co
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
it wont be a prius then :-).... you cant cheat mother nature, if you put in large engine, or turbos, it will spend gas like crazy when pushed.
well something with a high powered elec motor and a small gas engine to act as a generator and provide a overboost feature
Old 04-06-11, 03:20 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Congrats Toyota!! It must be a good car because my friend Alex just bought a Porsche turbo and bought a prius as well as his daily driver. I swear the guy talks more about the prius that he does about the Porsche turbo
Old 04-06-11, 03:29 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

i think a prius would be perfect for how i drive and ive been actively searching for a while. go prius
Old 04-06-11, 03:45 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting how they took picture of the Prius in front of GG bridge. Might have something to do with SF/Oakland/SJ bay area being top region in US for Prius sales.
Old 04-06-11, 06:06 PM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by spwolf
Toyota has paid and still pays $250 bounty for Prius hybrid battery pack :-)
I didn't know that.

Originally Posted by grabber2
at these Gas price....I'm considering Hybird too...I live in NYC as we can get the most out of it from slow traffic & alots of stop & go!!

I'm not really into the CT200h & I don't like the Prius beside its MPG........I'm looking forward on G25/G37 Hybird!!
I borrowed the 400h today as I had my Legacy torn apart for a new speaker/tweeter install...which turned out awesome. I averged 25.1 MPG. Not one of my best trips, but better than the 21-22 I would have gotten in the much lighter, less powerful Subaru so there is something to be said.

I hit construction in the 400h and I was real thankful I was in the right car. I didn't leave electric mode for the duration, which was about five to six minutes. Really cool though is that there is a 2 mile stretch on my way home of flat highway at 50 MPH and the car can maintain this speed with the electric motors and no gas.