Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Audi makes it right with disgruntled customer, loans free S4 until order arrives

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-11, 06:35 PM
DustinV
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The moral of the story?

Always order a car with an exotic color from an exotic manufacturer. You never know if one day the president will give you a call and offer you a high-performance loaner for the "delay".
Old 04-08-11, 07:44 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by G Star
The President himself making a personal call says SO MUCH about Audi's bottom line for customer service. This guy really wants to make Audi work and is willing to do grunt work to make things happen for the average buyer (not even a wealthy individual). This thread has shined a new light upon Audi.

Also, this thread reminds me of the Chinese Lambo owner beating his Gallardo in public to make a statement about the non-existent attention he was receiving to fix his Gallardo. Funny how they're owned under the same umbrella.
Maybe the president should pass this thread on to his dealerships so they understand.

Audi is by far the worst luxury dealership that I have ever dealt with. I had originally looked at the A5 prior to it's release and ending up with the IS F. Terrible communication and the dealership essentially knew nothing about the car. I had more info on the car than they did.

Looked at a Q7 and A6 locally before picking up our current SUV's. Terrible service again.

I have a friend that currently has an RS4 and a Q7. He's also had other A4's and A6's. Loves the cars but warned me the dealership experience is the worst of any manufacturer he's dealt with.
Old 04-08-11, 09:42 PM
Infra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That certainly beats a set of steak knives!
Old 04-08-11, 09:54 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you write to the execs they sometimes go above and beyond like this

I had a bad experience with my Lenovo laptop once, i sent it in for repair on what was obviously a manufacturer defect since many others had the same issue (hinges breaking off) while still under warranty. They kept it for 2 weeks and then tried to charge me a few hundred for repairs...found a Lenovo exec on Facebook () and messaged him for his email address and wrote a nice lengthy email. He forwarded it around and long story short my laptop came back ASAP and they replaced every worn piece, not just the hinges!
Old 04-09-11, 08:30 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ha ha... I got my Lexus from an dealership. Worst service ever. But I got a stealer price so who cares !
Old 04-09-11, 03:02 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
you think so?

or was it because he made an internet stink, and then audi had no choice but to respond?

a few weeks ago, someone wrote a blog claiming that Samsung was putting a keylogger on its laptops sold to customers.
Samsung responded pretty quickly to do a little damage control.
you are right though - this should have been done by the dealer right away. my local toyota dealership has given loaners to the customers that have had to wait for cars more than what was originally agreed to.

and you didnt have to write to the president of Toyota Europe (TME) to get it.