Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Mercedes C63 Black Series- WANT

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-11, 06:25 AM
kikcaffine
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Depends on your preference. The C63 AMG sound personally gets tiresome quickly for me. It's a very loud, obnoxious sound, especially with that exhaust. The ISF has a nice angry sound too, but it's not as loud as the C63. Slightly more refined you could say.
When I was driving the F, I was wishing it was louder.
Old 07-08-11, 08:01 AM
Stormwind
Racer

I would take one with this interior.
Attached Thumbnails Mercedes C63 Black Series- WANT-2012_c63_amg_coupe_24.jpg  
Old 07-08-11, 11:22 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
When I was driving the F, I was wishing it was louder.
interesting. one of the reason i don't like the isf is the engine / exhaust noise
Old 07-10-11, 01:31 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 432 Likes on 356 Posts

That thing is awesome! I would love to have one of these.
Old 07-10-11, 08:33 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SRTGS300
That looks drop dead gorgeous. I will have one of these by 2013 lol. Im so happy Merc kept the 6.2L instead of putting that stupid TT 5.5L.
As much as the 6.3 liter engine is epic and a force to reckoned, the new Twin-turbo engine is better than it IN EVERY POSSIBLE aspect.
Old 07-10-11, 09:31 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackraven
As much as the 6.3 liter engine is epic and a force to reckoned, the new Twin-turbo engine is better than it IN EVERY POSSIBLE aspect.
Unfortunately I agree with you but no TT V8 will match the evil snarl of the 6.2 liter. Like the BMW's F10 M5's V8 sounds like crap compared to the E60. I know its not all about sound but when people roll their windows down and do a wot run for the sound, theyre going to be disappointed. The Panamera Turbo is the same. I know this is irrelevant but I care a lot about sound lol.

Last edited by Justin2JZ; 07-10-11 at 09:37 AM.
Old 07-10-11, 08:40 PM
robloc93
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I must say I love it!!!!
Old 07-14-11, 08:36 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SRTGS300
Unfortunately I agree with you but no TT V8 will match the evil snarl of the 6.2 liter. Like the BMW's F10 M5's V8 sounds like crap compared to the E60. I know its not all about sound but when people roll their windows down and do a wot run for the sound, theyre going to be disappointed. The Panamera Turbo is the same. I know this is irrelevant but I care a lot about sound lol.
Ah I see.

Still, you have to acknowledge that the numbers favor the new turbocharged engine (even in base form without the AMG performance pack). More for less and it's a win-win in all possible aspects compared to the previous M156 engine

It's just how it is I have to say.
Old 07-14-11, 09:23 AM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormwind
I would take one with this interior.
For some reason I don't like this color scheme. It feels like there's too much going on with all the contours and color contrast. I prefer the old-school AMG contrast, or the more elegant look on the '08 ISF with alpine. Nice bolsters here, though.
Old 07-24-11, 10:48 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Affalterbach – Spectacular design, technology transfer from the world of motorsport and driving dynamics at the highest level; the new Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Coupé Black Series embodies the new AMG brand claim, Driving Performance, like no other AMG model. The new high-performance vehicle is the most powerful C-Class of all time, boasting a maximum output of 380 kW (517 hp) and a maximum torque of 620 newton metres. The AMG 6.3-litre V8 engine impresses with its hefty torque, tremendous pulling power and responsiveness, and ensures high-calibre performance: the C 63 AMG Coupé Black Series accelerates from zero to 100 km/h in 4.2 seconds (all data provisional).

Exclusive fun at the wheel comes courtesy of the adjustable AMG coil-over sports suspension, the AMG high-performance compound braking system and the functional standard equipment. The AMG Track Package is available as an option to enhance driving dynamics even further. It boasts sports tyres and active rear-axle transmission cooling, plus the AMG Aerodynamics package including flics, a functionally tuned front splitter and an adjustable carbon-fibre rear aerofoil.

Broad, low, brawny and ready to pounce from a standstill – the C 63 AMG Coupé Black Series makes a mighty impression. It’s clear right from the first time you set eyes on it that the C 63 AMG Coupé Black Series is made for ambitious laps on a closed-off race track. In visual terms the new high-performance vehicle is reminiscent of the SLS AMG GT3 customer sports car and symbolises the transfer of technology from the sphere of motorsport, which has been part of the corporate philosophy of Mercedes-AMG GmbH for 44 years now.

With its new C 63 AMG Coupé Black Series, AMG is presenting an exciting sports car for enthusiasts who are passionate about sports cars which are big on horsepower, and this marks the impressive continuation of the Black Series strategy, which began back in 2006. AMG, the performance brand of Mercedes-Benz Cars, is once again demonstrating its expertise when it comes to designing and developing emotionally appealing high-performance cars.

“AMG has its roots in international motorsport. The new C 63 AMG Coupé Black Series is the best proof there is for the permanent transfer of technology from the race track to the road. The numerous successes in the DTM, the customer sports range featuring the SLS AMG GT3 and our commitment to Formula 1, where we have been providing the Official F1Ô Safety Car and the Official F1 Ô Medical Car for the past 15 years, continuously spur on our engineers and technicians. The C 63 AMG Coupé Black Series embodies the new AMG brand claim, Driving Performance, like no other AMG model”, comments Ola Källenius, the CEO of Mercedes-AMG GmbH.

*source
http://www.supercars.net/cars/5390.html
Old 07-24-11, 01:25 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

looks pretty darn great...
Old 07-24-11, 01:30 PM
farquad
Lexus Test Driver

i don't like it too much.. does remind me of an accord from the side
the c63 black series on the other hand *drool*
Old 07-24-11, 02:45 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Fake exhaust tips! Quick, somebody stick a hand in there with a flash light.

Dont like this at all. Side profile looks like a riced out wide body Accord. All for probably $100K?? No thank you.
Old 07-24-11, 06:00 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Me want but not in red. I will take this in silver or white, thank you.
Old 07-24-11, 06:33 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

There's no back seat?? Those front seats will definitely hold you in the turns, but probably would be uncomfortable as a daily driver. I'd probably stick with the regular C63 unless I was looking for a luxo-track car.

Quick Reply: Mercedes C63 Black Series- WANT