Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti JX SUV (update pg.4)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-11, 03:10 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by speedflex
Seems you forgot about 370Z, GTR, Versa, Leaf, Cube (Cube could go either way).

For comparision ToMo/Lexus has; Highlander, FJ, 4Runner, Sequoia, Land Cruiser, RAV4, Venza, RX, GX and LX. Seems to even out.
I go to the Toyota website every once in awhile and its utterly shocking how many SUVs/Trucks they have. It dominates the site when you go to "show all vehicles". Pretty damn sad.

Nissan has a lot of cars and sporty cars which is a credit to them. Why Infiniti has more SUVs than cars is beyond me.

Old 04-20-11, 06:50 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Seems you forgot about 370Z, GTR, Versa, Leaf, Cube (Cube could go either way).

For comparision ToMo/Lexus has; Highlander, FJ, 4Runner, Sequoia, Land Cruiser, RAV4, Venza, RX, GX and LX. Seems to even out.
Yes sir you are correct. I did forget about those cars. To my defense tho, the cube, versa, and leaf are kinda forgetable.

Anyway, why in the hell do they(Toyota and Nissan)need that many suvs? Most of them really overlap each other as far as size is concerned.
Old 04-21-11, 09:15 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

The EX should just go away. It was a bad move in the first place.
It's actually a pretty nice vehicle, except for the clearly too-small rear seat and cargo area, which are victims of the droop-down rear roofline.

This could be a good thing because, priced right, it could actually nibble at Lexus RX sales.
The RX sells primarily because of its smooth ride, low noise level, and general level of refinement. Infiniti, somewhat more sport-oriented, has traditionally not accentuated these features as much as Lexus has.
Old 04-21-11, 09:19 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
The RX sells primarily because of its smooth ride, low noise level, and general level of refinement. Infiniti, somewhat more sport-oriented, has traditionally not accentuated these features as much as Lexus has.
True. But apparently this new CUV will be targeted at families so I would imagine that the sport aspect will be toned-down for this.
Old 04-21-11, 09:26 AM
LexFather

We forget to mention it but the Buick Enclave is a huge seller in this class/price and its V-6 only, FWD or AWD.

Again note how the MDX, Enclave, SRX all come along but the RX continues to outsell them all. It created the class, it is still the standard. Most people do not want a 3rd row.

If anything this will probably hurt their own FX sales and probably steal QX sales as well.

Old 04-21-11, 09:44 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,462 Likes on 1,615 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I go to the Toyota website every once in awhile and its utterly shocking how many SUVs/Trucks they have. It dominates the site when you go to "show all vehicles". Pretty damn sad.
i've been saying for years the "mid size" sedan really doesn't make a lot of sense in terms of function compared to cuvs and suvs and i think america is agreeing more and more. you have an suv and a sedan. sure your sedan looks good and is fast, but for convenience and comfort or a long trip? i think you like the suv.

Nissan has a lot of cars and sporty cars which is a credit to them. Why Infiniti has more SUVs than cars is beyond me.
because cars, except if you want a very small or very fast one, don't make sense.
Old 04-21-11, 09:45 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,462 Likes on 1,615 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Again note how the MDX, Enclave, SRX all come along but the RX continues to outsell them all. It created the class, it is still the standard. Most people do not want a 3rd row.
i agree totally! and cleverly designed hatchbacks are beginning to make a dent in the u.s. after decades of being ignored.
Old 05-17-11, 06:57 PM
LexFather

Cars-G, M
SUVs-EX, JX, FX, QX

lame

Back in April Infiniti showed a sketch of the upcoming, 2013 Infiniti JX, seven-seat crossover vehicle that will go on sale in the Spring of 2012.

And while we still don't have any engine specs on the Murano / Altima / Maxima platformed vehicle, we do, finally, have spy shots. But based on the platform mates, we can safely assume a 2.5, a 3.5 and some hybrid variants and a CVT. Figure JX25 and JX35 with S or H after it.

The JX is inspired by the Infiniti Essence concept which was shown at the 2009 Geneva Auto Show and the official concept will be shown at the 2011 Pebble Beach Concours. We'll see the production version at the 2011 Los Angeles Auto Show.

http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...prototype.html

Last edited by LexFather; 05-17-11 at 09:10 PM.

Old 05-17-11, 08:36 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To be fair, that looks exactly like a Rav4 from what I can tell. Still looking forward to seeing the final product
Old 05-17-11, 09:15 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

actually doesn't look bad.
i don't care what it looks like. i could see myself in that.
Old 05-18-11, 07:04 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hard to judge with all the camo but if it's like the sketch then it should be quite handsome. With the camo on the only thing that concerns me is the minivan-like proportions.
Old 05-18-11, 09:17 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe the resources would be better spent making a good/new EX, that's something I could get interested in.
Old 06-03-11, 09:00 AM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Post Spy Shots

Infiniti announced earlier this year that it would be adding a 3-row crossover to its fleet, but only released a single teaser image. However, our spy photographers managed to catch up with the CUV while testing, giving us our best look yet at the people-friendly hauler.

Unlike the last time our spies nabbed the JX, we have detailed inside and out photos of the big crossover, which appears to be ready for its late summer debut.

Designated JX, the model will 1st be shown in concept car form at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance in August before a production model debuts at the Los Angeles Auto Show in November. Sales should begin in early 2012.

The JX will slot in above the 5-seat FX, which might not be redesigned when it is due in a few years, and below the 7 or 8-seat QX.

The new JX will go up against rivals from Mercedes-Benz (GL-Class), Audi (Q7) and Lincoln (MKT). For the most part, Infiniti appears to be ahead of the curve in offering a true 3-row crossover to luxury buyers. Most rivals have stuck with either 5-seat models or more utility-oriented SUVs like the Lexus GX 460 and Land Rover LR4.

Infiniti will almost certainly continue to offer its QX56, which went on sale barely a year ago. Sales of the boxier QX56 have been brisk, exceeding Infiniti’s expectations despite its hefty fuel consumption.

Nitty gritty
Although Infiniti has shifted to rear-wheel drive in recent years, the JX is expected to ride on Nissan’s front-wheel drive “D” platform. Nissan’s D platform underpins vehicles like the Maxima, Altima and Murano, and will give the JX the ability to offer all-wheel drive.

Infiniti’s 3.7-liter V6 is certainly a possibility for the JX, but a number of trademark filings — including JX20, JX25, JX25h, and JX30 — suggest Infiniti could be considering downsizing. Whatever the case, expect a hybrid model to be part of the JX lineup.

Outside, the JX clearly takes inspiration from the Audi Q7, at least in terms of its overall shape. In fact, at 1st glance, these photos could be of a camouflaged mid-cycle update for the Q7. But the difference is in the details; the JX uses Infiniti’s swoopy styling all around, drawing heavily on themes presented last year when the QX56 was unveiled.

For the 1st time ever, we now have a good look at the JX’s interior. Switchgear is borrowed heavily from other Infiniti models, like the automaker’s unique round heated and ventilated seat ***** and its small leather-wrapped gear lever. The design isn’t as expressive as that found in the company’s midsize M sedans, especially when it comes to a more conservative door panel treatment. But that’s fitting for this segment, which should be fairly high volume for Nissan’s luxury brand.

Look for more details to leak out over the coming months about the upcoming JX crossover.

Old 07-07-11, 09:20 AM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Post Teased

We are thick in the between-show-season doldrums, but Infiniti just spiced up the summer with the 1st real shot of its new JX Concept following a teaser sketch revealed in April. Styled as a new 7-seat luxury crossover, the 2013 Infiniti JX is part of the "Power of 7" social media campaign.

The full reveal will come at the 2011 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, and MotorAuthority will be on hand to bring you all the details live from the Monterey Peninsula.

As yet, Infiniti hasn't released any other details on the vehicle, but it will be a 2013 model released in the spring of 2012, with a full production debut at the 2011 Los Angeles Auto Show in November. It is expected to be built in the U.S.

The "Power of 7" campaign will see seven new images released on Facebook each Thursday over the next 7 weeks, leading up to the concept's Pebble debut.
Old 07-07-11, 02:56 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

don't ..really..care.

they can release all the family haulers they want, but without a true flagship, it's a joke of a luxury brand

Quick Reply: Infiniti JX SUV (update pg.4)