Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Murano ugly needs competition..Audi Q5 Cabriolet coming in 2012 - report

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-11, 06:59 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 156 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by superchan7
A long time ago, "bespoke" meant custom-made for the client. Here it just means a unique interior to set it apart from the rest of the Audi models, including the regular Q5.
which probably isnt true anyway, trusting british press with reports like this is futile :-).

But sure, if Audi actually does it, i have no doubt it will be at least somewhat good looking car.
Old 05-11-11, 07:16 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I saw the Murano 'vert at the NY car show.
That vehicle is one of the ugliest vehicles ever made.It somehow even looks worse in person.
Old 05-11-11, 07:50 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Joeb427
That vehicle is one of the ugliest vehicles ever made.It somehow even looks worse in person.
Scary thought.

Old 05-11-11, 09:24 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

who are the designers of these car abortions lately?

girly metromales in skinny jeans who never picked up a screwdriver in their life
Old 05-11-11, 09:30 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Looks better than Murano and will most likely not have as much chassis flex (if approved for production).
Originally Posted by dunnojack
the audi will probably be better executed.
Agreed. Far better looking than the Murano chop-top. Audi, in general, also does a more-solid frame/chassis than Nissan, and would probably be better-suited for a convertible.
Old 05-11-11, 09:36 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Thanks for the warning, I'll bring a barf bag to the next auto show just for that pos.
Old 05-11-11, 10:42 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

LOL at the comments on the looks. Its all subjective. I think we will see these popping up filled with soccer moms and guys who will drop them and add their big wheels . I agree that it is a niche vehicle that will not appeal to all but there are customers for this car according to Nissans marketing research
Old 05-11-11, 10:50 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
LOL at the comments on the looks. Its all subjective. I think we will see these popping up filled with soccer moms and guys who will drop them and add their big wheels . I agree that it is a niche vehicle that will not appeal to all but there are customers for this car according to Nissans marketing research
Not really subjective is the majority agree it is absolutely hideous, like we and just about every forum thinks about the Murano convertible. If 8 or 9 out of ten people find something ugly, its ugly and not really up for interpretation.

Again Nissan's marketing research can be absolutely wrong. Just because you do some research does not mean the findings are correct. Their market research showed people wanted an Infinity EX and that thing has sold absolutely horribly (along with others mentioned).

Will a few people with poor eye sight buy it? Yes, they will sell some amazingly, hell they sell 3,000 Pukes a month. Will most people find it something to laugh at and puke as it drives buy. Yup.

Old 05-11-11, 09:00 PM
Haitwun
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it will sell well.

Personally, I would never touch a Chrysler PT Cruiser convertible but they are all over the place. Plenty of people like big convertibles.
Old 05-12-11, 12:08 PM
ekc
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually think this isn't bad looking. Way better looking than that Murano crap.

Just can't imagine surviving a rollover in it...
Old 05-12-11, 12:20 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ekc
I actually think this isn't bad looking. Way better looking than that Murano crap.

Just can't imagine surviving a rollover in it...
If it's done properly like the Audi A5 cab, reinforced windshield frame and rear roll bars that deploy automatically would insure some level of rollover safety, so surviving is very possible.
Old 05-12-11, 12:38 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

last time I was in Hawaii they had a mustang convertible that had rolled over. Needless to say there was blood all over the seat. It was crazy how they just had it sitting there on the side of the lot. It was one of the reasons I went with the Camaro SS hardtop.