Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Equus sales numbers

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-11, 10:13 AM
taejin09
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you guys ever go to korea, you will be amazed at how many equus there are on the streets.
Old 05-13-11, 10:36 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by taejin09
If you guys ever go to korea, you will be amazed at how many equus there are on the streets.
They apparantly know a good thing when they see it.
Old 05-13-11, 10:50 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No kidding lots of Korean cars on the streets in Korea.
Old 05-13-11, 11:26 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

I still have not seen one on the road and there just is no buzz about the car. I don't recall seeing any commercials for it either except for maybe one featuring the i-pad owners manual device but I do think I saw one in the commercial for the "Hangover 2" where it jumps over something but I am not exactly sure its a Equus since I only saw it briefly.
Old 05-13-11, 11:45 AM
E6BAV8R
Pole Position

Originally Posted by taejin09
Well I would hope; it is their home country. You can go to Germany and buy a brand new BMW or MB for $20K.
Old 05-13-11, 01:49 PM
10minutes
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by E6BAV8R
Well I would hope; it is their home country. You can go to Germany and buy a brand new BMW or MB for $20K.
Actually I believe Equus are more expensive in Korea than here.
Old 05-13-11, 02:31 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 156 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by 10minutes
Actually I believe Equus are more expensive in Korea than here.
everything is more expensive in Korea...
Old 05-13-11, 02:31 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 156 Likes on 116 Posts

you cant buy BMW for 20k in Germany due to taxes... But sure, you can buy 116i at Golf prices, they are just 30k :-)
Old 05-13-11, 03:34 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

sounds like a stretch even for an A class
Old 05-13-11, 05:53 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My friends dealer has sold 5 of them so far. Its not getting a lot of demand and many are waiting to see how the market is.
Old 03-29-12, 12:02 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Sales # is out, according to Autoblog:

"Last year, 3,193 Equus models went home to loving families, and while that's not a huge number by any stretch of the imagination, the figure is well better than the 2,000 units Hyundai expected to sell."

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/03/28/2...k-spin-review/

To all who don't believe Hyundai can make it in the top premium segment, Hyundai is here to stay. The next gen 5LS better be REALLY good.
Old 03-29-12, 12:29 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by BNR34
Sales # is out, according to Autoblog:

"Last year, 3,193 Equus models went home to loving families, and while that's not a huge number by any stretch of the imagination, the figure is well better than the 2,000 units Hyundai expected to sell."

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/03/28/2...k-spin-review/

To all who don't believe Hyundai can make it in the top premium segment, Hyundai is here to stay. The next gen 5LS better be REALLY good.
There was a thread on this already here. FYI.

Their target was between 2,000-3,000 so lets not just quote the low figure. In the other thread I 100% agreed they exceeded the target and have to be very happy with it.

The LS is not worried at all, they got their small share and that is that.

and it has set the sales targets at a realistically modest 2000 to 3000 cars per year.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...us-first-drive

Old 03-29-12, 12:39 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Their target was between 2,000-3,000 so lets not just quote the low figure. In the other thread I 100% agreed they exceeded the target and have to be very happy with it.
I was just telling other naysayers, I know you were always a supporter of the Equus, or all things Hyundai in general

The LS is not worried at all, they got their small share and that is that.
The LS is the Equus's main direct competitor, sure not all Equus buyers came from the LS, but the Equus definitely affected LS's sales in some ways. Just like what the LS did to the S-Class.
Old 03-29-12, 12:47 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by BNR34
I was just telling other naysayers, I know you were always a supporter of the Equus, or all things Hyundai in general

The LS is the Equus's main direct competitor, sure not all Equus buyers came from the LS, but the Equus definitely affected LS's sales in some ways. Just like what the LS did to the S-Class.
Actually if you dig up the relevant thread my position is firm in congratulating Hyundai on the Equus sales achievement. I would hope everyone realizes how incredible it is they sold over 3k of them in a year, a brand with no history or prestige selling a 55-65k car. They should get a well deserved round of applause.

FYI, the LS has sold 3k cars in a month when it was new. The Equus sold 3k cars a year new. People on the internet always say and think some new car is going to demolish some other car and it doesn't happen. The LS now is very old but still selling well for an older expensive vehicle. The S-class still sells well 20 years after the LS showed up, better than ever actually.

Where do these buyers come from?

Old 03-29-12, 12:55 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Actually if you dig up the relevant thread my position is firm in congratulating Hyundai on the Equus sales achievement.
I always knew that

I would hope everyone realizes how incredible it is they sold over 3k of them in a year, a brand with no history or prestige selling a 55-65k car. They should get a well deserved round of applause.
Definitely Not to mention they did it without a separate premium brand.

FYI, the LS has sold 3k cars in a month when it was new. The Equus sold 3k cars a year new. People on the internet always say and think some new car is going to demolish some other car and it doesn't happen. The LS now is very old but still selling well for an older expensive vehicle. The S-class still sells well 20 years after the LS showed up, better than ever actually.

Where do these buyers come from?
Sure one car won't completely demolish another car outright. But like you said, these buyers came from somewhere. Sure some Equus sales came from GS, E/S-Class, 7/5 series, 6/8 series, but definitely some were from the LS. However small it might be, is still market share.

Quick Reply: Equus sales numbers