Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Just bought an NSX!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-11, 09:51 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice find, congrats on something truly unique.
Old 05-24-11, 10:03 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Yeah, NSX is wayyyy overrated. I don't know why people go ga-ga for something soooo old and slow.

OP must be crazy to drop $30k on a 15 year old car that is slower and with less horsepower than most of today's car.
He could've bought himself an EVO, or STi, genesis coupe, C6 or any of the used-> CL55, SL55amg, M5, or E55 amg with close to 500hp and carry 4 people comfortably. Can't believe OP don't know how to spend his money wisely.
Or he could've waited to get the FT-86, that one is cool too.
There's so much car for $30k out there

By the way, what's worst is auto is only rated at 252
Man, OP must feel bad now huh?

Yeah, just messing with those who don't like the NSX-I'm not offended.

You gotta love the NSX to buy something this old and overrated.

Thanks Henry.
To see it is one thing, but to sit in it and drive it is also another experience.
This is not for everyone. It's not perfect in any way for everyone.

This feels almost like the LFA value thread, except the NSX price is only 10% of an LFA-try putting that into perspective

Thank you again everyone for the congrats

I don't use it as a DD. I'm still on stock suspension so even though it's firm, it's not rough at all.
Some do, but this is my weekend car.

I'll post more updated pictures when I have the mods coming in.
believe me chris, if things allow, i would love to have an nsx in my garage, it's so gorgeous!
Old 05-24-11, 10:25 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, NSX is wayyyy overrated. I don't know why people go ga-ga for something soooo old and slow.

OP must be crazy to drop $30k on a 15 year old car that is slower and with less horsepower than most of today's car.
He could've bought himself an EVO, or STi, genesis coupe, C6 or any of the used-> CL55, SL55amg, M5, or E55 amg with close to 500hp and carry 4 people comfortably. Can't believe OP don't know how to spend his money wisely.

Thanks Henry.
To see it is one thing, but to sit in it and drive it is also another experience.
This is not for everyone. It's not perfect in any way for everyone.

This feels almost like the LFA value thread, except the NSX price is only 10% of an LFA-try putting that into perspective

Thank you again everyone for the congrats

I don't use it as a DD. I'm still on stock suspension so even though it's firm, it's not rough at all.
Some do, but this is my weekend car.

I'll post more updated pictures when I have the mods coming in.
You could have bought a half dozen almost 20 year old Lexus SC's instead!!!!!

HALF DOZEN! dude!

Old 05-24-11, 10:26 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

$30K for a 15 year old Honda? That's not as crazy as spending $30K for a 19 year old one in snap ring failure range, especially since my last one was also the same year in snap ring failure range as well (Had it replced with an NSX-R spec trans though). You'd think I would have learned someting especially since I wanted an NA2 after I sold the firt one.

What the heck is wrong with these stupid expensive prices anyway? This car should be worth $3K like all the other POS 90s era Japanese cars not too mention its just a Honda.

By the way, I know my car is slow, but my friend has a methane injected twin turbo that is a tad bit faster than mine. I still get over 25 MPG gallon though o while he is filling up gas at the gas station I can do my ricer flyby.
Old 05-24-11, 10:29 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by J.P.

HALF DOZEN! dude!

This is true. When I had my SC400, I also had a wreked parts car to snag part off. Imagine, havig 1 daily driver SC and 19 parts cars
Old 05-24-11, 11:07 AM
SaintNexus
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly, for $30k, I would've bought an LS460. It starts at $33k here in SoCal, and I'm sure you could've negotiated for much less.

You could've gotten an IS350 for $25k, ****, $20k even!
Old 05-24-11, 11:12 AM
FLIPPU
Lexus Test Driver

Grats Chris,

Awesome awesome car..I really miss my Red 96, she was a beauty with less than 75K on her. I kept her for 4 years too..so yeah you are in for an awesome experience man.

So, no more LS430 with that Anceltion Kit you bought from me eh? Oh well, the NSX is a MUUCCH cooler car for the wow factor. Be advised, you will get tons of LOOKS from younger boys and the wifey might get jealous :P.

Again grats on the new ride.

Flip
Old 05-24-11, 11:16 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Incredible
Honestly, for $30k, I would've bought an LS460. It starts at $33k here in SoCal, and I'm sure you could've negotiated for much less.

you should join the crowd who thinks every exotic owners should have given up their cars for the nissan gtr. if you can understand the thinking behind that, then you will understand a lot more other things
Old 05-24-11, 11:58 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
believe me chris, if things allow, i would love to have an nsx in my garage, it's so gorgeous!
we should meet up someday Henry

Originally Posted by J.P.

HALF DOZEN! dude!

I did look at some older sc and the sc430 just for the heck of it. They're nice, but not exotic.

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
$30K for a 15 year old Honda? That's not as crazy as spending $30K for a 19 year old one in snap ring failure range, especially since my last one was also the same year in snap ring failure range as well (Had it replced with an NSX-R spec trans though). You'd think I would have learned someting especially since I wanted an NA2 after I sold the firt one.

What the heck is wrong with these stupid expensive prices anyway? This car should be worth $3K like all the other POS 90s era Japanese cars not too mention its just a Honda.

By the way, I know my car is slow, but my friend has a methane injected twin turbo that is a tad bit faster than mine. I still get over 25 MPG gallon though o while he is filling up gas at the gas station I can do my ricer flyby.
it's a cult like following so it's hard to understand.....or maybe we're just in denial

yeah, but with a manual, you can upgrade to supercharger or turbo charger.

For my lowly automatic, I can't do anything else besides the bolt-ons without blowing the weak tranny.

you're getting ripped off at $33k. I found a silver 460 for $31k btw.
yep, even looked at a 460 just for the heck of it.

why get a pos LS460 when you can get an 06 E55 amg with 500hp?

I gave up a soft, cushy ultra luxury LS430 that was never driven for a louder and stiffer sports car

Please see below-I'm following in this man's footstep

Originally Posted by FLIPPU
Grats Chris,

Awesome awesome car..I really miss my Red 96, she was a beauty with less than 75K on her. I kept her for 4 years too..so yeah you are in for an awesome experience man.

So, no more LS430 with that Anceltion Kit you bought from me eh? Oh well, the NSX is a MUUCCH cooler car for the wow factor. Be advised, you will get tons of LOOKS from younger boys and the wifey might get jealous :P.

Again grats on the new ride.

Flip
Thanks Mike. Yep, LS430 is gone and kit is gone to a good owner also.
Yeah, bad thing is these things attract little boys more than being chick magnets, so wifey has to watch out

Originally Posted by caddyowner
Nice pickup. Watch out for those kiddie toys - and the little car scrapers / finger printers / drink spillers that go with them. Also watch out for those cabinets beside the car and anything you may have stored on top of them. I've read too many threads on different forums about folks with really nice cars that had something fall on the car from inside or on top of a storage cabinet.

Have you sought professional help for referring to the OP in the 3rd person? LOL
Thank you caddyowner.

I'm in denial so I'll keep referring myself to OP. Plus it's cheaper than seeing a shrink

I spent 2 days cleaning out the garage/clutter to make sure the NSX will stay shiny and nothing will fall in/on/around it. It would be a shame that 2 previous owners kept it in pristine condition and for me not to live up to that condition.

Hey, don't anyone take offense with my sarcasm. I'm not mad or trying to be sound like an a@@
Old 05-24-11, 12:23 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

I hope all of these multi-quotings aren't annoying

Originally Posted by GS69
Impressed that you found an automatic. I had to get a manual, which forced me to learn how to drive a 5-speed ... which is a good thing, I guess. Hope you enjoy it & remember to climb out of it acrobatically w/out rubbing on the side bolsters too much bc they do wear out ...
spoken like a true owner. yep, first 2 thing to learn is how to get up/down a driveway and getting in/out without wearing out that bolster

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Congragulations. Hope you enjoy it.

I hope, with that nice body and paint, that you won't ever need a body shop, but, if you do, make sure that you find a shop that is certified for repairs on all-aluminum cars. Only certain ones have that rating. SCRATCH-OUT, of course, will take out minor surfaces scratches/stains.

Thank you Mmarshall for the recommendation.
I should've asked you to review it prior to purchasing to see if I get your seal of approval

Originally Posted by jimbosr1
sweet,its nice not seeing your self comming and going.
Originally Posted by PVlexus
Very nice, Congrats. And great road choice for your drive home. That canyon is never without an exciting turn or two...
Yeah, those twisties were fun!!!

Thank you everyone.
Originally Posted by IS-SV
Nice find, congrats on something truly unique.
Originally Posted by jwong77
Magnificent! Congrats, that too is my dream car.
Originally Posted by chrispy
Congrats Chris!
Originally Posted by ekc
That's a pristine car. Paint looks like brand new. Congrats!
Originally Posted by theanimala
HOT!!! Congrats!

Originally Posted by Allen K
Car looks great! Congrats on the purchase!
Originally Posted by kumquatism
Love it!! One of my favorite cars when I was growing up!
Originally Posted by whoster
This is by far the cleanest NSX I've ever seen....
Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Looks super clean!

CONGRATS!!
Originally Posted by Jskyline
congrats, very well kept nsx.
Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
congrats. excellent condition!!
Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Very very nice man!
Originally Posted by Seize
Congratulations! Looks to be in pristine condition
Originally Posted by MrMut
Congrats; very nice!
Originally Posted by Kira X
Congrats on the new car! It looks great!

I've always wanted a black NSX. They look amazing person.
Originally Posted by jadu
beautiful condition inside and out! nice find
Originally Posted by KillaIS250
Wow looks like you got one that was very well kept! Good job toughing it out and not just going for whatever came to you after a while! Looks amazing. Glad to hear your getting new wheels to cuz i'm not a fan of the current ones on there! lol
yeah, rims are gone when I find get new wheels

Originally Posted by 2002GGPIS3
Congrats, one of my dream cars and I also prefer the pop up headlights.
Originally Posted by crazybuggy
awesome purchase! that NSX is clean! i think i saw the same one in fast five
Originally Posted by TwiBlueG35
Wow Wow Wow a black NSX. I love this car. NSX and S2000 are my top two most favorite discontinued cars. Show more pictures after your modifications please.
Originally Posted by gsmithkaty
congrat, that's the cleanest I've seen in a long time. Great buy
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Nice pick up, looks extremely clean....with the auto this is one cool DD.
Originally Posted by Alucard
Sometimes I think Acura could have just kept selling the NSX through today with just little updates every few years.

I still think it looks awesome. Congrats!!!!!!
Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
Congrats on the pick up.

Just goes to show that homework, hard work and patience can eventually find you exactly what you're looking for.
definitely, you really have to set a budget though b/c it's tempting to go a little higher to get a little more........yes, it can cost more
Old 05-24-11, 12:26 PM
SaintNexus
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
you should join the crowd who thinks every exotic owners should have given up their cars for the nissan gtr. if you can understand the thinking behind that, then you will understand a lot more other things
But their exotic cars are brand new or within 5 years old, not a 15 year acura!
Old 05-24-11, 12:30 PM
SaintNexus
Lexus Champion

you're getting ripped off at $33k. I found a silver 460 for $31k btw.
yep, even looked at a 460 just for the heck of it.

why get a pos LS460 when you can get an 06 E55 amg with 500hp?

I gave up a soft, cushy ultra luxury LS430 that was never driven for a louder and stiffer sports car

Please see below-I'm following in this man's footstep
I know what Silver one you're talking about, but I for one am hesitant when it comes to buying a car from a private party, because you'll never know what really happened to the car, and they probably wont even be able to provide you a carfax.

Hey hey hey, the LS460 isn't a pos! It's my dream car. I love it. Especially the 07-09 model, not so much the current one because they ruined the tail lights (I like the Red and White tail lights, HATE how they added the orange to the new ones).

I'm currently drivin a '90 LS400 (it's 2 years younger than me, lol), and I'd kill for an LS460.

Edit: An '06 E55 AMG doesn't have 500hp, it's 476; you're better off with an M/5/6, or an Alpina B7! or S63/65
Old 05-24-11, 12:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

But their exotic cars are brand new or within 5 years old, not a 15 year acura!
you are simply not getting it
Old 05-24-11, 12:58 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Henry had/has some really awesome cars. He appreciated a wide veriety of cars for what they are. You have to respect his car knowledge. Plus his M3 can out pace most cars on the road too.
Old 05-24-11, 01:11 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey guys, I'm 23 and don't know much about the NSX, can someone please tell me why there is still a high demand for a 15 yr old Acura

You should exit this thread and then come back in with this post.

Congrats OP on an excellent pickup.... NYC streets are allergic to well kept NSX's.....

Quick Reply: Just bought an NSX!!!