Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Just bought an NSX!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-11, 01:13 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Holy crap I haven't been on CL in a while and the first thread I see is this, nonetheless one made by you.

Congratulations, you bought a Honda!!

Is the Sienna your DD now?
Old 05-24-11, 01:28 PM
stlgrym3
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

wow 30k for that car is really really cheap. i always want one too, but it's hard to find an unmolested one out there.
Old 05-24-11, 01:30 PM
kamlung
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

nice find... also one of my dream cars and whenever i get board i usually see what the market is like on these car and even the 91-92's with over 100k mi fetch 30k...

i'm jealous... take care of that car and then sell it to me when you are ready to get rid of it
Old 05-24-11, 02:03 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Also a big fan of the NSX. I would love to have one. Why not 18/19 wheels instead. It would look much more exotic.

Congrats!
Old 05-24-11, 02:24 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I will always remember that the NSX is one of a handful of sports cars that I can actually fit in. The console is so narrow that it makes it easy to get a 6'5" frame into the car comfortably
Old 05-24-11, 02:37 PM
SaintNexus
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
you are simply not getting it
I get it. It's like spending $30k for a Supra. It's just something that I wouldn't do.
Old 05-24-11, 02:39 PM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

congrats, nice car
Old 05-24-11, 03:40 PM
LunaVyohr
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Incredible
But their exotic cars are brand new or within 5 years old, not a 15 year acura!
Yeah, and those idiots who own 45 year old Mustangs should just buy a new one.
Old 05-24-11, 04:02 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

I know what Silver one you're talking about, but I for one am hesitant when it comes to buying a car from a private party, because you'll never know what really happened to the car, and they probably wont even be able to provide you a carfax.

Hey hey hey, the LS460 isn't a pos! It's my dream car. I love it. Especially the 07-09 model, not so much the current one because they ruined the tail lights (I like the Red and White tail lights, HATE how they added the orange to the new ones).

I'm currently drivin a '90 LS400 (it's 2 years younger than me, lol), and I'd kill for an LS460.

Edit: An '06 E55 AMG doesn't have 500hp, it's 476; you're better off with an M/5/6, or an Alpina B7! or S63/65
actually, I wasn't being serious about putting down the 460. I love that car too, probably will get a sport version in the future.

a sports car is an emotional buy, not a rational buy so it will only make sense to those who wants it

Originally Posted by LunaVyohr
Yeah, and those idiots who own 45 year old Mustangs should just buy a new one.
again, different culture from young guys vs. the older guys

Originally Posted by rominl
you are simply not getting it
that's cool Henry.

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Henry had/has some really awesome cars. He appreciated a wide veriety of cars for what they are. You have to respect his car knowledge. Plus his M3 can out pace most cars on the road too.
yep, he's our resident baller moderator

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
You should exit this thread and then come back in with this post.

Congrats OP on an excellent pickup.... NYC streets are allergic to well kept NSX's.....
that's cool, judging by his response that he's a much younger guy from a different car culture.

Thank you.
That was one of the criteria where I didn't want to see history of the NSX coming from. I hear the pot holes there are more brutal than over here.

Originally Posted by GSteg
Holy crap I haven't been on CL in a while and the first thread I see is this, nonetheless one made by you.
Congratulations, you bought a Honda!!
Is the Sienna your DD now?
yep, got me a honda Henry and my van is a DD
pm me when you want to check it out

Originally Posted by stlgrym3
wow 30k for that car is really really cheap. i always want one too, but it's hard to find an unmolested one out there.
yeah, only those who are in the market will know the value of these cars.

Like I said, anything that is about $27 or lower will have higher mileage (not really a concern though because reliability is pretty much like a lexus) or need some kind of work. This was a no brainer considering the bolt-ons are easily $2200 right there without installation and ALL maintenance was taken care of, time and mileage wise.

Originally Posted by kamlung
nice find... also one of my dream cars and whenever i get board i usually see what the market is like on these car and even the 91-92's with over 100k mi fetch 30k...

i'm jealous... take care of that car and then sell it to me when you are ready to get rid of it
depends, but I have seen those in the lower 23s, well maintained and a hair under 100k. that was the one that I almost made a trade but decided to pass.
Thank you. I'll probably hang on to this and will pass it on to my son or daughter. Don't worry, they're not going to be spoiled little brats, I'll make sure they appreciate this kind of car.

Originally Posted by Ice350
Also a big fan of the NSX. I would love to have one. Why not 18/19 wheels instead. It would look much more exotic.

Congrats!
I thought about those too, but some of the prime members recommend towards 17/18 for the lighter weight. It's not definite yet.

Originally Posted by 2BENVD
congrats, nice car

I get it. It's like spending $30k for a Supra. It's just something that I wouldn't do.
bingo, now you're getting it.
Supra guys will beg to differ, just like us nsx guys will say the same.

Plus it's really hard to say anything if you don't that person's financial or car situation.
Old 05-24-11, 05:35 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by J.P.
You could have bought a half dozen almost 20 year old Lexus SC's instead!!!!!

HALF DOZEN! dude!

Not a bad idea!!!

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Yeah, NSX is wayyyy overrated. I don't know why people go ga-ga for something soooo old and slow.

Yeah, just messing with those who don't like the NSX-I'm not offended.
You gotta love the NSX to buy something this old and overrated.
Op congrats on the NSX, if its what you love then best too you

Last edited by Joey-E; 05-24-11 at 05:45 PM.
Old 05-24-11, 06:16 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally I would go 18/19 if this isn't your daily driver. Even if it was I'd still consider 18/19. You already have the stock rims you can keep on if the roads are real bad where you plan on driving, so might as well go for some visual eye candy if you're going to invest money into aftermaket rims.

I've also never seen the stock rims inner section painted like that. Got any direct pics? It does kind of make it look aftermaket.
Old 05-24-11, 08:36 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,239 Likes on 1,358 Posts

I thought about those too, but some of the prime members recommend towards 17/18 for the lighter weight. It's not definite yet.
My wife's old NSX had that setup with Work VS-SS 17x8F, 18x9.5R

Old 05-24-11, 08:53 PM
LexFather

But their exotic cars are brand new or within 5 years old, not a 15 year acura!
Which means if you are 23, you were basically 3 in 1991 and the NSX debuted i 89 as a 1990 model so you were a fetus plus I was barely a teen but the NSX was the first all aluminum car and it showed Japan can make a sports car on par with the best WHILE being as reliable as a Civic respectively. The NSX-R won EVO CAr of the Year in the past and is considered one of the greatest driver's cars ever made. I remember them during the 1990s and it is by far the best thing Acura/Honda has made in its history, a time when Honda/Acura was about building the best, a time that has long passed.

Values have remained strong as they sold in low numbers after the first couple of years and the community is tight knight. NSX Prime is a GREAT forum and they have a huge mega meet every 2 years I think.

There is no denying the NSX's place in automotive history, it is one of the all time greats and set a path for the LFA.

There is no comparing a NSX to a mass produced LS/IS/G37 etc etc

Old 05-25-11, 07:44 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

pm me when you want to check it out
The Sienna? Sure!
Old 05-25-11, 09:50 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
My wife's old NSX had that setup with Work VS-SS 17x8F, 18x9.5R
That stance is perfect Dave
Do you remember what's it lowered on?

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

There is no denying the NSX's place in automotive history, it is one of the all time greats and set a path for the LFA.

There is no comparing a NSX to a mass produced LS/IS/G37 etc etc
Sick said it best
and those who don't understand it should re-read 1sicklex's statement again

Originally Posted by GSteg
The Sienna? Sure!
Take your pick Henry, however the NSX is just a bit funner

Quick Reply: Just bought an NSX!!!