Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Need advice: Vehicle Wrongly Towed

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-11, 07:12 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Although she's gonna try it, i don't think the fact that she paid her rent on time for 1.5 years is gonna matter to management, they just really don't care if we got the notice or not.
These things always make me laugh as it reminds me of a Chris Rock segment about getting a pat on the back for things you’re supposed to do it’s not like paying on time is something that should be rewarded so yeah, that’s not going to carry any weight with the management
Old 05-27-11, 08:44 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by J.P.
These things always make me laugh as it reminds me of a Chris Rock segment about getting a pat on the back for things you’re supposed to do it’s not like paying on time is something that should be rewarded so yeah, that’s not going to carry any weight with the management
Yeah except a lot of tenants give them issues. If you are a good tenant they might slide you a break. By Chris Rock's philosophy there should be no FICO scores then.

Old 05-27-11, 10:20 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$200 is cheap for tow and impound. just pay. all you can do is whine on internet forums and thats not really gonna help either.
Old 05-28-11, 12:56 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Yeah except a lot of tenants give them issues. If you are a good tenant they might slide you a break. By Chris Rock's philosophy there should be no FICO scores then.
No one ever said tenants pay on time, it comes with the territory
Old 05-28-11, 05:48 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lol the other day they posted up letters on peoples doors for something else, the wind tossed a lot of them around the area, saw the one on my gf's door stuck in the bushes. Pointed out to management that this is how people don't get critical notices - they don't care at all. O well..

S***, we'd gladly pay the $200 if we got the damn notice and parked there anyways. But if management is pretty much just tossing pieces of paper with critical warnings at people's doors and thinking they will get them, f*** that. Imagine if the mail guy decided to just toss your envelopes on the mailbox instead of inside it and expected you to get your bills.

Last edited by KillaIS250; 05-28-11 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05-28-11, 07:11 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Cool

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
Lol the other day they posted up letters on peoples doors for something else, the wind tossed a lot of them around the area, saw the one on my gf's door stuck in the bushes. Pointed out to management that this is how people don't get critical notices - they don't care at all. O well..

S***, we'd gladly pay the $200 if we got the damn notice and parked there anyways. But if management is pretty much just tossing pieces of paper with critical warnings at people's doors and thinking they will get them, f*** that. Imagine if the mail guy decided to just toss your envelopes on the mailbox instead of inside it and expected you to get your bills.
You have your answer. They don't care enough to ensure she (and you) got the message. Be glad that you no longer have to put up with it and stop stressing about it since you aren't going to get any money back, nor will you get any satisfaction from the owners/managers. Be thankful that the car wasn't wrecked, as I've seen and heard horror stories about cars that miraculously grow dents on the way to the tow yard.

Big Mack
Old 05-28-11, 11:54 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah i guess if management isn't gonna budge and realize their mistake, we can't really do ****. -_- Freicken sucks being out $200 for someone else's BS.

I'm glad the tow yard didn't damage the car of course, they were actually pretty nice about it and didn't give my any BS about anything. The guy told me right away they just tow the cars management/security tells them to, seemed like he felt bad charging us to, but the dudes just doing his job.

Back when i went to UCR i witness a tow truck hit two cars pulling a car out of a spot. Then two other two trucks came by and towed the two cars that got hit. Shady. But management there was cool and dropped the two truck company after they heard about the incident.
Old 01-07-15, 02:16 AM
Citysunset
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Bummer

I've been a victim of the same. Frustrating because you really have no recourse, but these days most businesses can be affected by reviews on line. I know it may only seem like venting and won't do much, but at least you can be heard by "future residents" in bad reviews you post on Google, the apartment's own website, etc.

Good luck!
Old 01-07-15, 05:15 AM
robert1408
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 19 Posts

How should always paying the rent on time ever count in your favor in a dispute? You're SUPPOSED to pay the rent on time.
Old 01-07-15, 05:30 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

This incident occurred almost 4 years ago. I doubt he cares anymore
Old 01-07-15, 11:35 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,719 Likes on 1,947 Posts

How do people stumble upon these ancient threads?!
Old 01-07-15, 06:46 PM
Citysunset
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Lmao

Originally Posted by SW13GS
How do people stumble upon these ancient threads?!
I'm new here and I didn't realize how old this thread was until I read your reply now I'm cracking up!
Old 01-07-15, 06:49 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Citysunset
I'm new here and I didn't realize how old this thread was until I read your reply now I'm cracking up!
How do you read threads then? The threads are arranged chronologically....you have to have read through 4 years of threads to have found this...
Old 01-07-15, 06:55 PM
Nospinzone

Received 419 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by Citysunset
I'm old here and I didn't realize it either, and also cracked up!

Originally Posted by SW13GS
How do you read threads then? The threads are arranged chronologically....you have to have read through 4 years of threads to have found this...
Once someone posts to it, it goes to the head of the queue.
Old 01-07-15, 06:59 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
Once someone posts to it, it goes to the head of the queue.
The guy who originally posted to it though is my point. How does one happen upon a 4 year old thread in a sequentially listed forum?

Quick Reply: Need advice: Vehicle Wrongly Towed