Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Tanner Foust completes record-setting jump

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-11, 12:01 AM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tanner Foust completes record-setting jump

Video: Tanner Foust completes record-setting Team Hot Wheels jump at Indy 500

by Alex Nunez (RSS feed) on May 29th 2011 at 2:55PM

Team Hot Wheels' "Fearless at the 500" record jump attempt - Click above for high-res image gallery

Prior to the start of today's Indy 500, fans finally got to see the long-awaited Team Hot Wheels world-record jump attempt. The mystery "Yellow Driver" piloted specially-prepared truck down the 90-foot ramp that had been under construction in the Indianapolis Motor Speedway's infield over the last several weeks. The neat gimmick behind Hot Wheels' "Fearless at the 500" event was that the launch ramp itself was built to simulate that orange track we all grew up with, hung from a giant 10-story door. Talk about pandering to a guy's inner child...

Anyhow, the stunt itself was a success, and fans at the Brickyard watched the truck sail, ramp-to-ramp, 332 feet through the air, setting a world record for four-wheeled vehicles in the process. Upon landing, the mystery driver doffed his helmet to reveal himself as American Top Gear host Tanner Foust. If you want to see the jump yourselves, be advised that ABC will air the stunt at 3:30 PM Eastern time today, following the conclusion of its Indy 500 race coverage. Check out the first few photos from the event below, and follow the jump for the press release.
Pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsR7s...yer_detailpage

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/05/29/t...ls-jump-at-in/
Old 05-30-11, 02:53 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

right on Tanner. He is still one of my favorite drifters even though he has shifted over to mostly rally