Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus: Engineering Amazing

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-11, 11:13 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by DustinV
Renault makes good engines.

In fact the new diesel engine available in the Infiniti M was co-developed between Renault and Nissan with most of the engineering design and input coming from, you guessed it, Renault.

Don't forget that Renault can create superb high-performance engines. Their racing heritage in F1 and rally sports is proof of this as well as some of their legendary roadgoing performance cars like the Alpine Renaults, Renault 5 Turbo, Clio V6, Megane RS and so forth.
It was not co-developed. They got an old Renault truck engine in the Infniniit M and reviews on the car/engine have been average at best.

Originally Posted by DustinV
A weak argument.

Audi and Mercedes could have easily extracted over 300-horsepower from their "old" V6s ages ago.

They simply didn't.

Why they didn't is a question I nor you or anyone else here cannot answer. We can theorize all we want, but all the major luxury manufacturers are pretty much on par when it comes to technological leadership and capabilities if you ask me.
I will use this same argument in the future.