Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

PR: Lexus 2011 LS 460 Touring Edition

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-11, 03:05 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by GS350Lexus
Eh not liking this at all, expect maybe the rims. I would rather get black interior with red wood like my gs. I also notices nothing "sport" about those seats.
The seats are different than the regular LS. They're bolstered better and the leather is perforated with the same treatment the IS F, but instead of the inner layer of the leather being dyed blue, its dyed saddle.

Originally Posted by RXSF
this is basically an LS sport. I see no different cosmetically.
I do...it doesn't have the LS Sport's 19" wheels and the factory Brembo bbk. Otherwise, they are identical.

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I still think a sport version of the LS is like having a sport yacht. Still a bit odd imho.
I have to admit that I saw a sport version and I liked the kit but I could not stand the wood trim . It looks like crap with out the glossy look to it. It looked like they took it out of a Venza or highlander
That classifies the AMG packaged S classes, M packaged 7's and S-Line packaged S8 in the same boat (no pun intended LOL). All big barges but with sport packaging. Have you tried out an LS Sport before? It's handles different than the regular.
Old 06-17-11, 03:23 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
The seats are different than the regular LS. They're bolstered better and the leather is perforated with the same treatment the IS F, but instead of the inner layer of the leather being dyed blue, its dyed saddle.

I do...it doesn't have the LS Sport's 19" wheels and the factory Brembo bbk. Otherwise, they are identical.

That classifies the AMG packaged S classes, M packaged 7's and S-Line packaged S8 in the same boat (no pun intended LOL). All big barges but with sport packaging. Have you tried out an LS Sport before? It's handles different than the regular.

No I didnt get a chance but the salesman did offer. I was only at the dealership to run into the parts department for a battery for my key fob. Knowing Lexus I am sure they managed to get the handling and comfort blended well.
Old 06-17-11, 07:06 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 156 Likes on 116 Posts

LS Sport got great reviews...

... i like that they are offering more options, just too bad that they didnt select some different colors for the interior... that would have been cool.
Old 06-18-11, 03:12 AM
84Cressida
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
LS Sport got great reviews...

... i like that they are offering more options, just too bad that they didnt select some different colors for the interior... that would have been cool.
Really hope the next gen LS offers the JDM color pallete for the interiors.
Old 06-18-11, 10:54 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,370 Likes on 1,555 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Toyota, please eliminate tacked-on body kits for any and all future Lexus models. Tacked-on body kits might be okay for Toyota models, but they have no place on Lexus models IMHO. It really cheapens the look of any Lexus vehicle, especially a prestige vehicle like the LS.
100% agreed.

also not really liking the matte saddle colored wood and dark-gray/black leather/dash. link to huge pic of interior
Old 06-18-11, 11:09 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^I really didn't like it in pictures either but had a chance to sit in an LS Sport at the ATL auto show last year...very nice in person. I'd probably choose it over the standard interior.
Old 06-18-11, 01:20 PM
Alucard
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like the matte wood, but the wood inlay on the shift lever seems not to match (at least in the photo).
Old 06-20-11, 07:09 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice addition to the lineup. I also like the interior very much, in person its fabulous.
Old 06-21-11, 10:28 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
This is basically an LS 460 Sport "Lite" package. Doesn't have the factory air suspension, lock up torque converter and paddle shifters and no brembo brakes. This will not replace the "Sport" package. Approximately 500 units of the "Touring" will be made.
So the LS460 Sport does have the same lock up torque converter as in the IS-F? I always wonder about that.
Old 06-21-11, 10:35 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
100% agreed.

also not really liking the matte saddle colored wood and dark-gray/black leather/dash. link to huge pic of interior
I am with you and I8ABMR, the matted finish wood trim is the biggest turn off on the Sport and this Touring. It cheapen the looks and feels.

No high end luxury sedan on the market got matted finish wood trim, I wonder where Lexus got the bad idea from.
Old 06-21-11, 10:41 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Toyota, please eliminate tacked-on body kits for any and all future Lexus models. Tacked-on body kits might be okay for Toyota models, but they have no place on Lexus models IMHO. It really cheapens the look of any Lexus vehicle, especially a prestige vehicle like the LS.
+1

Tacked-on body kit is okay for the Corolla S, but the LS460 is world class now, please stop this non-sense. You don't see tacked-on body kits on the AMG S550, M-Sport 740i, S-line A8, XJR, Panamera S.....etc.

Lexus, you got world class pricing now, stop the childish JDM ways and act world class. Go look at a AMG and M and copy them!

Last edited by BNR34; 06-21-11 at 10:45 AM.
Old 06-21-11, 12:13 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BNR34
I am with you and I8ABMR, the matted finish wood trim is the biggest turn off on the Sport and this Touring. It cheapen the looks and feels.

No high end luxury sedan on the market got matted finish wood trim, I wonder where Lexus got the bad idea from.

a lot of people previously said they dont like glossy wood in Lexus...

this is why this is special edition, if you dont like it, there is glossy wood as standard..
Old 06-21-11, 03:23 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by spwolf
a lot of people previously said they dont like glossy wood in Lexus...

this is why this is special edition, if you dont like it, there is glossy wood as standard..
You are right, what I like or don't like is totally irrelevant to how Lexus should do things. Even though I am the target buyer of a sport edition LS.

Is ok though, European cars are looking extremely attractive now, F10 M5 or 760Li M-Sport to name a few cars that are totally hot.

Last edited by BNR34; 06-21-11 at 03:45 PM.
Old 06-21-11, 03:38 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BNR34
Good point......actually I don't like the whole direction Lexus is going......my next vehicle purchase probably won't be a Lexus at all.

Lexus was king from 1990-2006 because everyone's sucked, Lexus was far more superior then everyone's else. Now everyone have caught up.

there are new lexuses coming up and catchup game will begin again.

Offering more options in LS (like Sport or this Touring) is major break for Lexus. Previously there was only a single version... now you have a lot of them.
Old 06-21-11, 03:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

another disappointing edition of the LS imho. the add on body kits is quite sad (i don't want to use a more negative word). the interior trim is different i guess, but if it was me, i would rather have aluminum trim if it's about "sport". matte looking wood piece, it's just a bit too weird to me.

also, either this touring or sport version, if it's really about sport, why not some increased power

Quick Reply: PR: Lexus 2011 LS 460 Touring Edition