Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

PR: Lexus 2011 LS 460 Touring Edition

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-11, 06:48 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
The LS already has something similar in that interior color from 07-09...its Alabaster/Dark Brown Ash Burl Wood. There's really nothing sporty about those colors.

That's not a 2 tone interior. its an alabaster interior with Charcoal mats. The whole point of the oyster/black interior is that you don't end up with a dirty footwell (in my Lexus the beige footrest is filthy even though the charcoal mats look fine).

Lexus has an imitation of a genuine 2-tone interior, in the same way that it's stick on body parts are an imitation of a real aero package. Putting charcoal mats does not make it a 2 tone interior.

Also you are missing my point which was that you should have choice:
1) With LS460 Sport you get a choice of 1 interior trim combinations - an ugly black and saddle which I wouldn't touch with a bargepole.
2) With BMW 750i M-Sport you get a choice of 4 interior leather combinations, and 3 wood trim combinations, which if you multiply out means you have 12 configurations.

I don't see why having a Sport Package is a reason to get rid of choice in selection of interior trims. Surely when you are spending $80k+ on a car you deserve more than one choice of interior color.

Last edited by *Batman*; 06-22-11 at 06:58 AM.
Old 06-22-11, 07:18 AM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see the MSRP of the Touring Edition is 73K and it doesnt even have all the LS Sport suspension and braking stuff. How much is the Sport model then? there is nothing on the website? either way, I'll still rock the touring. I like the big thick 5 spoke wheels. looks sharp but I agree, if one were to get this, black would be the best color to sorta hide the tacked on kit.

or to save some little cash, I would just get the LS with the apparence package that looks the same but you can atlease choose your interior choice.
Old 06-22-11, 07:25 AM
LexFather

SMH.....again, the LS has expanded the hell of its lineup this generation. It used to offer one wood and 3 interior choices. Today its plenty, in Japan you can get it anyway you want.

If people don't like the way Lexus offers things, that is what the competition is for. Much like people that don't like the way the competition offers things and purchases a Lexus. Lexus offers the sport trim in the sport car to be different. I like the fact its not offered in every model, for those that want a different LS, they have it.

Here is the Pebble Beach edition with the two-tone trim.

Old 06-22-11, 08:03 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Here is the Pebble Beach edition with the two-tone trim.

Stunning interior. Shame it isn't available on the best version of the LS, the LS460 Sport.
Old 06-22-11, 08:11 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 156 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by *Batman*
That's not a 2 tone interior. its an alabaster interior with Charcoal mats. The whole point of the oyster/black interior is that you don't end up with a dirty footwell (in my Lexus the beige footrest is filthy even though the charcoal mats look fine).

Lexus has an imitation of a genuine 2-tone interior, in the same way that it's stick on body parts are an imitation of a real aero package. Putting charcoal mats does not make it a 2 tone interior.

1) With LS460 Sport you get a choice of 1 interior trim combinations - an ugly black and saddle which I wouldn't touch with a bargepole.
2) With BMW 750i M-Sport you get a choice of 4 interior leather combinations, and 3 wood trim combinations, which if you multiply out means you have 12 configurations.

I don't see why having a Sport Package is a reason to get rid of choice in selection of interior trims. Surely when you are spending $80k+ on a car you deserve more than one choice of interior color.
i feel that you just want to complain about stuff, no matter what it is.
Fact is - Lexus is never going to have as many options as Germans, heck Germans are limiting their options across new models as well, and at the same time 2006- LS has a lot more options than previous versions.

As to the two tone interior, honestly, to me it screams of cheapness - "hey i am cheap enough to keep half of the interior the same as in every other color combination and not to color match it to leather."
Old 06-22-11, 08:25 AM
LexFather

I agree and would love to see that interior across more Lexus models. The BMW 7 series with the piano black trim makes me wet

My thread on it
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...or-thread.html

Old 06-22-11, 08:30 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

2) With BMW 750i M-Sport you get a choice of 4 interior leather combinations, and 3 wood trim combinat
1) Looks are subjective. I don't think its ugly.

2) I agree there should be more interior choices...but the LS Sport is a low volume seller. This is Lexus first attempt at a real "sport" variant of the LS.
Old 06-22-11, 08:31 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by spwolf
i feel that you just want to complain about stuff, no matter what it is.
Fact is - Lexus is never going to have as many options as Germans, heck Germans are limiting their options across new models as well, and at the same time 2006- LS has a lot more options than previous versions.

As to the two tone interior, honestly, to me it screams of cheapness - "hey i am cheap enough to keep half of the interior the same as in every other color combination and not to color match it to leather."
I'm sorry. I apologize for my earlier remark.

Your compelling logic and intelligence have now convinced me that I should love the fact that Lexus offers no choice of interior colors on the LS460 Sport, and that the fact that BMW offers 12 choices just makes their product ****.

Man where would we be without geniuses like you.
Old 06-22-11, 08:40 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Guys lets keep this thread polite and mature please. If you can't do that don't push the button.
Old 06-22-11, 11:17 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would guess that Lexus is going to increase the interior color and option variants in the next-gen LS. I think Lexus is going to do that on all their next-gen models.
Old 06-22-11, 01:52 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 156 Likes on 116 Posts

I'm sorry. I apologize for my earlier remark.

Your compelling logic and intelligence have now convinced me that I should love the fact that Lexus offers no choice of interior colors on the LS460 Sport, and that the fact that BMW offers 12 choices just makes their product ****.

Man where would we be without geniuses like you.
well last year we had no LS Sport, now it is big deal that this low volume edition doesnt have 8 interior combos like regular LS.

i think it is generally cool that there is an special interior for it.

Overall, compared to pre 2006 models, Lexus LS probably has 10x more combinations, with SWB, LWB, AWD, Hybrid, Sport/Touring, 8-10 interior combos, etc. Before you had SWB one engine 3-4 interiors and thats it.
Old 06-22-11, 03:29 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
I would guess that Lexus is going to increase the interior color and option variants in the next-gen LS. I think Lexus is going to do that on all their next-gen models.
That would be great. They should market the hell out of this if they do it.

Mercedes has been going in the other direction offering only 3 combinations:
- a dirty beige
- a medium gray
- black

All of these look cheap to me. Mercedes lacks the light colored premium looking leathers like alabaster.

Since Mercedes and Lexus are cross-shopped a lot, this could be a huge advantage for Lexus.