Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

GS350 GONE!!! 2011 F250 IN!!! Check it out..

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-11, 05:19 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on such a badass truck!
Old 06-24-11, 06:28 AM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks! Glad I'm not hearing "slam it", "put springs on it", "now all you need is a 8" drop".....

It's nice not driving a GS anymore
Old 06-24-11, 06:35 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by IronCobra
The Elantra is actually a really nice car (Especially for the price). We got the Limited with nav, camera, sat, Pushbutton start, BT, and every other option. It's our daughters car when she turns 16 in Sept. Great car, great price, and super nice inside (has more technology than my GS350 had).

Now, for the truck... Here is what I have personally experienced.

The ride quality is FAR better than my Tundra. For some reason, Corpus Christi streets must be competeing for nations worse. The Tundra was a very harsh ride all over town. I would say about a 4 out of 10. This new truck is probably a 6 out of 10.

The Tundra had a few more inches of rear seat room, but I always felt the rear leg room on the Tundra was a bit excessive and took too much from the bed. The think the Ford is perfect. I did like the reclining adjustable rear seats in the Tundra, however, I like the locking storage compartments under the Ford's back seats (very useful).

The tailgate step is really a great feature. My wife got me a really nice toolbox for Father's day, and the step came in very handy when we put it on the truck.

The feel of driving this thing is amazing. You can really feel the power and it really doesn't perform well. We are going to look at boats this weekend, and I am interested in seeing it's towing performance. Something around the lines of a 22-24' boat.

Thanks for the compliments!
A 22-24 footer would be nothing for your truck. My uncle has a 24 footer and he tows it with his 03 Ram 1500 and it doesnt sweat so it wouldnt feel like youre towing anything. A 24 footer weighs about 4k lbs with the trailer. Hell, my X5 could tow a 24".
Old 06-24-11, 08:50 AM
06~ULTRA
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats man, nice truck..the only ford line I would consider getting is the f-series. always been my favorite truck… at 1 time I was very close 2 picking up a dually.
Attached Thumbnails GS350 GONE!!! 2011 F250 IN!!! Check it out..-076-two.jpg  
Old 06-25-11, 10:02 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hell of a change! But Gorgeous truck!
Old 06-25-11, 10:45 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

Beautiful rig. I wish I could afford one like that. Ford diesels have always been really great(except for the shaky 6.0 years, 2003-2007). This is their first attempt at building an all new diesel engine for their US market trucks(the previous ones were built by International Harvester), and it seems they hit a home run with it. I still have fond memories of my dad's old 86 F250 diesel, back when it was all mechanical, and fully loaded meant power windows and A/C. The truck we currently beat the hell out of is a 92 F350 crew cab long bed. It's like driving an air craft carrier , but it only has the gas engine. I'm looking into getting me a Super Duty when I graduate from college and get a stable job. I'd probably get one in the 00-02 range though, with the old 7.3 powerstroke, just cause I can't justify a huge truck payment.

Good choice. I am also very glad to see that this thread hasn't dissolved into a Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge pissing contest. I respect you all for your maturity. I hate those arguements since all 3 seem to be about on the same level anymore.
Old 06-26-11, 12:33 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BrettJacks
Beautiful rig. I wish I could afford one like that. Ford diesels have always been really great(except for the shaky 6.0 years, 2003-2007).
I love the 6.0, It sounds amazing with a straight pipe.
Old 06-26-11, 11:23 AM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

The 6.0 is a powerful engine and sounds awesome. But it did lack in the reliability and fuel economy department. It cost Ford millions in warranty and litigation(lots of ambulances that had issues). International refused to make good on it, which is the reason Ford actually spent even more $$$$ to get out of their contract so they could make their own engine.
Old 06-26-11, 01:04 PM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

You will be able to tow up to a 28ft or so cuddy loaded with everything and feel comfortable driving it for the most part, so a 22-24ft will be more than fine. Anything over 10k loaded you will start having towing issues even if the truck is rated for 14k+.....
Old 06-26-11, 05:41 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

The 6.0 is a powerful engine and sounds awesome. But it did lack in the reliability and fuel economy department. It cost Ford millions in warranty and litigation(lots of ambulances that had issues). International refused to make good on it, which is the reason Ford actually spent even more $$$$ to get out of their contract so they could make their own engine.
True, true but that 6.7 is **** now.
Old 06-26-11, 05:44 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by J.P.
You will be able to tow up to a 28ft or so cuddy loaded with everything and feel comfortable driving it for the most part, so a 22-24ft will be more than fine. Anything over 10k loaded you will start having towing issues even if the truck is rated for 14k+.....
Why do you say that? My neigbors dad towed his Donzi thats almost 40 feet long with no problem. And he has the 08 with the 6.4 .
Old 06-26-11, 07:25 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

Beautiful rig. I wish I could afford one like that. Ford diesels have always been really great(except for the shaky 6.0 years, 2003-2007). This is their first attempt at building an all new diesel engine for their US market trucks(the previous ones were built by International Harvester), and it seems they hit a home run with it. I still have fond memories of my dad's old 86 F250 diesel, back when it was all mechanical, and fully loaded meant power windows and A/C. The truck we currently beat the hell out of is a 92 F350 crew cab long bed. It's like driving an air craft carrier , but it only has the gas engine. I'm looking into getting me a Super Duty when I graduate from college and get a stable job. I'd probably get one in the 00-02 range though, with the old 7.3 powerstroke, just cause I can't justify a huge truck payment.

Good choice. I am also very glad to see that this thread hasn't dissolved into a Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge pissing contest. I respect you all for your maturity. I hate those arguements since all 3 seem to be about on the same level anymore.
I simply brought up the Ram for a comparison. Was just curious to see why he made the choice he made. Everyone is free to make their own choices. In all honesty I havent seen a pissing contest like you speak of in quite awhile here on CL. They are few and far between. In 7 years of membership here I have maybe seen 3. Thats why CL is the best place on the net.

I had a 1986 F350 Diesel 4x4, crew cab, no dually. Thing was a BEAST. My grandfather still has it on his farm. Uses it for hay. has somewhere around 600k on the odometer. It stopped working years ago at 594,xxx miles.

Not so, just needs a computer reflash from your local dealer to tow up to the rating. Or you can buy a superchips tuner and delete the emissions controls altogether. Its easier to do it that way. Then when you need warranty work, put the tune back to stock, pull the chip and take 'er in.
Old 06-26-11, 07:36 PM
vntperform
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great choice OP; I have a 2010 F250 Lariat Plus|CC|6.4lt PSD TT and absolutly love it; I have to say it is the nicest and most powerful truck i've owned.

I use to have a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9CTD and believe me the power plant was great, but the asthetics of the truck were just fair; the dials and fit and finish of the interior was just very flimsy compared to the F250 Lariat. I get 24mpg with my F250 after I installed my Spartan Tuner & I love it more and more as the days pass.

Happy Motoring!!!
-V
Old 06-27-11, 06:57 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SRTGS300
Why do you say that? My neigbors dad towed his Donzi thats almost 40 feet long with no problem. And he has the 08 with the 6.4 .
A 40ft Donzi with trailer loaded is 15k+, many will not even tow that on a dully, many go to topkicks \ freightliners \ f650 unless they go to a goose neck.

Just because a truck can tow X doesn’t mean its safe and or easy, ever tow over 10,000lbs? Ever tow something longer then your truck? There is a reason why many boaters don’t trailer plus outside of the offshore boats, when your talking that weight the beam exceeds many state laws depending where your at so you need permits.

I wasn’t questioning the power of the truck; I was talking about the pain in the *** it is when trailer large loads and it’s really not for everyone.
Old 06-27-11, 07:46 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

A 40ft Donzi with trailer loaded is 15k+, many will not even tow that on a dully, many go to topkicks \ freightliners \ f650 unless they go to a goose neck.

Just because a truck can tow X doesn’t mean its safe and or easy, ever tow over 10,000lbs? Ever tow something longer then your truck? There is a reason why many boaters don’t trailer plus outside of the offshore boats, when your talking that weight the beam exceeds many state laws depending where your at so you need permits.

I wasn’t questioning the power of the truck; I was talking about the pain in the *** it is when trailer large loads and it’s really not for everyone.
Yeah I understand what you mean. Lol the most I ever towed is my friends Jet skis with my X5.

Quick Reply: GS350 GONE!!! 2011 F250 IN!!! Check it out..