Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Toyota Dealer Meeting Las Vegas (2012 Camry is Coming!)

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-11, 03:53 PM
84Cressida
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
with leather wrapped dash, i would guess it is XLE. Tough crowd to please I see.
It's an SE. The black on black interior and 3-spoke wheel confirm it.
Old 08-18-11, 04:04 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does this mean the ES will definitely get a leather dash?
Old 08-18-11, 04:09 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by 84Cressida
It's an SE. The black on black interior and 3-spoke wheel confirm it.
crazy... i thought i saw paddle shifters too, but i didnt believe both SE and XLE would get leather dash.
Old 08-18-11, 04:10 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
Does this mean the ES will definitely get a leather dash?
since CTh has instrument bin covered, i am sure ES will have leather dash, and all other new Lexus models... afterall, CTh is entry model
Old 08-18-11, 04:18 PM
84Cressida
Lead Lap

crazy... i thought i saw paddle shifters too, but i didnt believe both SE and XLE would get leather dash.
The SE is rumored to have paddle shifters. The SE can be optioned up to the same price as an XLE. They're both viewed as top trim models, just one is sport oriented and the other luxury oriented.
Old 08-18-11, 04:28 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 84Cressida
The SE is rumored to have paddle shifters. The SE can be optioned up to the same price as an XLE. They're both viewed as top trim models, just one is sport oriented and the other luxury oriented.
i know it is... thats why i said it :-)
Old 08-18-11, 07:18 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i meant leather for the normal models is fake-o, unless you pay premium for real leather.

i doubt this will look bad, there is no reason to assume that leather anything will ever look worse than plastics... i bet it will look just like on CTh, except across complete dash... Toyota has been using leather dash on their JDM models for a while now (certain models).
I agree with you. GMs fake leather dashboards look and feel great. Plus for a mass market car fake leather is more durable. I doubt these people condition their leather twice a month!
Old 08-18-11, 08:13 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Dash appears to be a step backward in my opinion. The center stack looks tacked on or layered and not as one with the dash. Also seeing some truckish (4-Runner) gear for the A/C controls. And finally, the seperate pod for the clock (or whatever it is) at the top looks like a freakin wart. Where is *integration* and cleaness??? I don't see this as progress.
Old 08-18-11, 08:39 PM
LexFather

Going to sell like hotcakes.

Old 08-18-11, 10:21 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Fake leather or not, this is a HUGE improvement over the current Camry interior. New interior is looking better and better. Really like the tri-tone seats, and how they match the tone combination of the dash.

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Dash appears to be a step backward in my opinion. The center stack looks tacked on or layered and not as one with the dash. Also seeing some truckish (4-Runner) gear for the A/C controls. And finally, the seperate pod for the clock (or whatever it is) at the top looks like a freakin wart. Where is *integration* and cleaness??? I don't see this as progress.
Different design theme/look. This new interior has a "layered" theme as opposed to an "integrated" look.
Old 08-18-11, 10:45 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Fake leather or not, this is a HUGE improvement over the current Camry interior. New interior is looking better and better. Really like the tri-tone seats, and how they match the tone combination of the dash.

Different design theme/look. This new interior has a "layered" theme as opposed to an "integrated" look.
The Buick Lacrosse has fake stitching, the Cadillac CTS has stitched vinyl, even the $30k CT has leather stitching just on the IP, rather than on the entire dash.

Therefore I highly doubt the Camry will have a leather stitched dash, probably vinyl if not some new material like that eco stuff in the base CT.
Old 08-18-11, 11:31 PM
84Cressida
Lead Lap

Never got the infatuation with leather dashboards. Ever felt the leather on the back of the rear seat headrests and how it hardens up due to its proximity to the rear windshield? Well, have fun having it harden and crack on your dash.
Old 08-19-11, 03:15 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
The Buick Lacrosse has fake stitching, the Cadillac CTS has stitched vinyl, even the $30k CT has leather stitching just on the IP, rather than on the entire dash.

Therefore I highly doubt the Camry will have a leather stitched dash, probably vinyl if not some new material like that eco stuff in the base CT.
i dont get it why all the envy about Camry having leather stitched dash, fake or not.
Why all the urge to point out it is not going to be "real" leather? It is 25k car, of course it wont be real semi-aniline leather from LS600h.

Which does not make it any less good though... in any case, it is a lot nicer than just having plastic there, and it gives interior upscale feel.
Old 08-19-11, 05:12 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,462 Likes on 1,615 Posts

to be clear, i don't want a leather dash, but i was just saying it won't be real leather because everyone was calling it a leather dash.
a soft, leather-like textured plastic for the dash will be awesome compared to some of the rock hard stuff used by many.
Old 08-19-11, 05:52 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
to be clear, i don't want a leather dash, but i was just saying it won't be real leather because everyone was calling it a leather dash.
a soft, leather-like textured plastic for the dash will be awesome compared to some of the rock hard stuff used by many.
it is still called leather, even if it is not real one :-).

Just like what BMW and Audi and MB use for their seats, unless you pay a million :P

Quick Reply: Toyota Dealer Meeting Las Vegas (2012 Camry is Coming!)