Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Entry Level Coupe Coming

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-11, 06:58 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Ice

The folding hard top point I made is off topic. That is what I want for a next car. I agree that the IS vert was not well executed and the SC430 was not too sporty (but in the case of the SC, the roof was done well).

BMW has shown with the 3 series that a hard top vert can be done with a good looking result (if the vert is done at the beginning of the program).

SPWolf, I agree that the Audi A1 is a winner. We were in Milan last week and there are lots of them around. The contrasting roof look is sweet.

Back to topic. The survey included questions on roomyness front and rear. I doubt an FT-86 based coupe could provide a roomy rear seat so I think relative to the survey, this is not where they are going. While I am hopeful that they are talking about a new gen IS coupe, my current quess is that the CT 3 door is what we will see (boo to that).
Old 07-01-11, 08:28 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Good stuff, thanks for sharing! Ideally, I'd like to see an IS Coupe and maybe a version of the FRS with a Lexus badge...if the resources are there, why reinvent the wheel?
Originally Posted by xioix
I wouldn't mind an SLK, Z4 competitor

Remember the Supra was a 3 door coupe, so it might just be something like a CT coupe
Originally Posted by rominl
lexus can't come out with coupe fast enough. so they are thinking about another coupe below the IS? that's quite odd
Originally Posted by flipside909
IS Coupe...long over due...even before the IS300 came out.
Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Sportback entry-level coupe? Please no Lexus.

Lexus needs an IS coupe ASAP. They also need a next-gen SC coupe, a TRUE coupe, not simply a hardtop convertible.

Also, Lexus should go any more downmarket with coupes than say a CT coupe. Going any further downmarket is a bad idea for the brand.
All this. Jesus Lexus. An IS coupe and a Z4/SLK competitor based on the FT-86 - backs seats + Toyota turbo 4. Man, their marketing dept is acting like this thing is rocket science. How can they not see it is literally THAT easy is beyond me.

p.s. The SC still needs to come back, do NOT leave it by the wayside, an IS coupe is NOT a replacement for the SC. K, thanks