Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Buying your Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-11, 07:48 PM
Dilbones
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying your Car

Today, my friend Seth and I went on an adventure to look for cars. Originally, I was just running errands to pick up stuff for my blog, such as a hot-shoe flash attachment for my camera and an OBD-II tool for my car.
I was planning on making a post about OBDing my car, but when my friend called me and reminded me that I promised that I'd help him look at a car, I was all ears, and eyes, and mouth, and more.

This is seth, a disgruntled 1996 Ford Explorer owner who wants a manual transmission sedan or coupe with a little bit of speed to boot.

I was running errands to pick up a flash and an OBD-II from my friends Mike and Edd.

This is the OBD-II scantool that I borrowed for my computer. The CD has all of the software and drivers that you need to hook the USB to OBD-II port cable up to your computer.

And this is my friend Edd driving a brand new Hyundai Genesis. If you go to my blog post at http://lexilaron.blogspot.com/2011/0...o-buy-car.html you can see the interior of this car. It's pretty impressive for a Hyundai.

After picking up all of the necessary equipment, me and Seth headed out to Deptford Township, New Jersey to look at a 2000 Altima SE. Along the way I saw a couple of ES's which caught my eye . God, I love my ES.

Then we got to looking at the car. It was poorly modified with some ugly, damaged headers, a Weapon R short-ram intake with a neglected filter, and it had no coolant in the reservoir...not a good sign.

Eww.

And after diagnosing the car with the OBD-II scan tool, we understood why Seth couldn't get the car into gear.

Go to my blog to see the whole article along with a tutorial on how to buy a car. It includes what to look for when trying to avoid defects and what you should feel when you find a car you love. Until then, stay tuned to the ES300 forum. I'm going to be running an OBD-II test while driving my 94 ES300!

Thanks guys!

http://lexilaron.blogspot.com/2011/0...o-buy-car.html
Old 07-15-11, 11:47 PM
Coconut
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 57 Posts

Your friend Seth looks like Seth Rogan and Jonah Hill combined...