Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

How does one's car end up this way?(pics included)

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-11, 07:33 AM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default How does one's car end up this way?(pics included)

Yesterday morning I woke up to a lovely morning in Queens,NY to drop my parents off to Aruba at JFK and look outside and this is what I see..

Was the Mitsubishi Lancer going fast(which sad to say can be quite common in my block) then just suddenly stopped or something. Good thing the Tahoe had a rear bumper guard which saved it's butt. Thankfully it missed my car by two but it just reminds me why I should always park my car in the driveway. In the many years living on this block this is the third incident of this kind , last time a motorcyclist lost control and hit a couple of parked cars, the other time a Toyota Tundra ended up the same way. But never was I around with a camera those times.
Old 07-18-11, 07:56 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't understand why people park on the street. I understand if you do not have a driveway, but if you have one use it. If I had it my way, if you park on the street and do not use your driveway, you should get a ticket.
Old 07-18-11, 08:25 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

The mitsu may have been forced into the parked cars by another vehicle moving out of the left lane.
Old 07-18-11, 08:46 AM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JessePS
I don't understand why people park on the street. I understand if you do not have a driveway, but if you have one use it. If I had it my way, if you park on the street and do not use your driveway, you should get a ticket.
Well in my family's case we've got 4 cars but the garage takes 2.

there is no driveway (condo complex).
Old 07-18-11, 09:18 AM
RXSF

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by JessePS
LOL how can you ban people from parking on the street? We have four cars and only a 1 car garage, and another car will fit in the driveway.
Old 07-18-11, 10:51 AM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I even try to not park on the street for reasons like this even though my parent's home is in a very quiet area far away from any busy streets. But there are times when there are 9 to 10 cars in the driveway when my siblings and I are visiting home from college that makes parking in the garage or the driveway a pita to get out. What I find stupid is why people park cars right after the apex of a blind turn in a neighborhood with rarely any cars parked on the street.
Old 07-18-11, 11:13 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Since this (apparantly) happened early on Sunday morning, it was likely (but not conclusively) the result of somebody just partying a little too much on Saturday night.

Did the police officer, from what you could tell, give any of the usual DUI/DWI tests? (blowing into the Breathalyzer, walking a stright line, reciting the alphabet, etc...?)
Old 07-18-11, 01:23 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
LOL how can you ban people from parking on the street? We have four cars and only a 1 car garage, and another car will fit in the driveway.
That is easy, make the street smaller. So it is impossible for cars to park on the street.

I guess you need to get smaller cars to fit in your garage (2 Smart Fortwos) and (2 Smart Fortwos) for the driveway. You still get 4 cars
Old 07-18-11, 02:04 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you ban street parking where do guests park if you have a party? lol

I park on the street sometimes, not by choice, its because I don't want play tetris in the morning moving cars around cuz people gotta leave earlier than usual. Or i gotta leave and someones parked in front of the garage.
Old 07-19-11, 09:53 AM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Sometimes though in the city like where I live , we had no personal driveways, and also sometimes, there are people that park a little infront of your driveway which is already narrow ends up blocking it, so you can't get in which I hate.

mmarshall, there was no test given to the owner of the vehicle I just saw him with a cast.